Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

Both UNBALANCED, both heavy weapons.

Then we have this:
Posted Image

And it's balanced.

HOMER PLS

#2 Euronymous, When you're in hell, only a devil can point the way out.

Euronymous
  • Member of Legion
  • 2034 posts
  • 15949 kills

Posted 05 July 2013 - 19:29

I agree.

The GLB got more dammage, more weight and lenght than the other bardiche yet it isn't unbalanced.

#3 The Guardian, :^)

The Guardian
  • Member of RE
  • 986 posts
  • 21236 kills

Posted 05 July 2013 - 19:33

+1

#4 UltimateKebab, :3

UltimateKebab
  • 1189 posts
  • 39 kills

Posted 05 July 2013 - 19:43

#5 Gorlock911, NA God

Gorlock911
  • Member of Emperium
  • 877 posts
  • 5192 kills

Posted 05 July 2013 - 22:01

Meh, the Great Long Axe is OP, it can swing through blocks and through shields.

By far, the most OP weapon is that short spear, it does an ungodly amount of stun damage and you can not attack back once you get hit, and then its over. The Long Spear is pretty OP because of its hitbox is all jacked up, The spear itself doesn't do much damage, but the wood of the spear rapes hardcore.

#6 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16742 kills

Posted 05 July 2013 - 22:59

You can only stab with the long spear, what do you mean by wood?
The long spear can be a pain just like any other stab polearm, but awlpikes are much worse and long spear derps can be quite easily raped by facehugging. I feel spears are quite alright as they are, since making them weaker would mean making a good anti-cav and support weapon much less appealing. Generally most other polearms or two-heanded weapons will do much better than the long spear anyways, giving it at least some use in a 1v1 in skilled hands seems fair enough to me.

#7 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:46

Great Long Axe's 2 handed mode has to be removed too.

#8 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1626 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 13:41

Now wile we're on the subject of nerfining weapons.

I think the long spear blocking thing should be removed just like on the pike, everyone picks the long spear instead of the pike due to this.

#9 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 14:00

That's the point of the long spear, being able to block. No point removing it and making cavalry even more easy to play as a class.

#10 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1626 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 14:14

That's the point of the long spear, being able to block. No point removing it and making cavalry even more easy to play as a class.

How would that make it easyer for cav? The lenght is still there and they will still be able to stab us down.It makes it easyer for inf to kill them as they need to change weapin when they get into combat. The Long spear is the cheaper version of the pike because it shorter. Yet it's way more used and better cause it's able to block with. Atleast make it more expensive than the Pike. Or you could simply just remove the pike as noody uses it.

#11 profail, the Godfather

profail
  • 99 posts
  • 5233 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 14:40

+1

#12 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of Emperium
  • 6858 posts
  • 49400 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 14:42

inderdaad.

#13 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16742 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 14:55

The pike has its own purpose. A pike is much better as a support weapon or as a specialized anti cav weapon. The long spear on the other hand is a good anti-cav shield sidearm and is less of a support weapon against lighter classes. Both spears/pikes have their use and one must be a retard to argue in favor of decreasing the amount of possibilities. You might as well argue that every weapon that isn't currently used should be removed. People might very well come to appreciate the additional length of a pike in the future. Don't be a whiny buttface just because you can't deal with some long spear stab agi derps.

#14 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1626 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 16:10

The pike has its own purpose. A pike is much better as a support weapon or as a specialized anti cav weapon. The long spear on the other hand is a good anti-cav shield sidearm and is less of a support weapon against lighter classes. Both spears/pikes have their use and one must be a retard to argue in favor of decreasing the amount of possibilities. You might as well argue that every weapon that isn't currently used should be removed. People might very well come to appreciate the additional length of a pike in the future. Don't be a whiny buttface just because you can't deal with some long spear stab agi derps.

the way you but this is just stupid. I made a simple suggestion to remove the block abilety for the long spear when used without shield and you call me a whiny buttface? Grow up ffs. Just because I suggest to nerf one of your favorite weapons you don't have to go on the offence. I never went on the offence torwards you when guys suggested to nerf cav cause you couldn't hadle getting backstabed all the time!

As the weapons are so close to eachother in all skill values I thought it would be a good idea to make the more epensive on better than the less expensive. Add the block abilety on the pike aswell, I don't mind, cause the only time I face a pike/long spear anyways is when im on a horse and they are stabing torwards me blocking as nothing to do with that.

My point stands, the more epensive version should be better.

You can't deny that these weapons are close related to eachother. And that the Long spear often is used as a pike.

#15 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16742 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 16:21

I never suggested nerfing cav neither do i use the long spear at all. So it is in no way 'my' weapon. I was merely pointing out that your suggestion lacks appealing logical reasoning. Neither 'it is used way more' nor 'it is better because you can block with it' are good arguments in favor of nerfing the long spear or even removing the pike.

Removing items is generally a retarded idea and when suggesting nerfs one must never argue simply from a one-sided comparison with the equivalent more expensive version of the weapon. If you knew anything about mercenaries you'd know that prices don't represent better or worse rather than more or less realistic prices in relation to other weapons. One weapon isn't better than the other rather than different. Just because people use the long spear more the pike doesn't suddenly lose value, it is still a more expensive weapon just as a platemail will always be more expensive than a chainmail even if chainmails are way more used than plates.

If you are going to jump every bit of foul language i use when challenging your suggestions/ideas you will have quite a hard time as this is the general tone around here. I will never take 'the offence' (as you put it) merely for the sake of flaming you rather than to emphasize whatever point i am trying to bring across. If you really do have asspain from all the bad words i used i am terribly sorry.

#16 The Guardian, :^)

The Guardian
  • Member of RE
  • 986 posts
  • 21236 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 16:29

the problem is that the pike in mercenaries is not a pike, its just a spear because its not as long as it should be, cant be used with a shield, lacks damage and it cant block

#17 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16742 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 16:37

Yes but that is merely an issue due to the way in which most merc players play. If you run around randomly fighting 1v1 mostly the pike is utterly useless and the long spear will probably exceed it on every level. If you try playing with 2 mates and one of you has a pike you will immediately see that the additional length is way worth the ability to block because you wont need to block at all, instead one can very easily stab past his mates and poke enemies.

That won't happen with randomers because quite often they will backpedal to gain room or just try circling the enemy which means you are dead because then the enemy will charge you and you and your pike are fucked. The pike is a teamwork weapon and i see no reason to apply the generic 'MUST WORK IN 1v1' mentality merc players seem to have to every weapon there is.

#18 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 16:53

Dawlish had like 10 kills with a fucking pike in siege today in one round, quit fucking whining about it.

They're both good as they are. This isn't the right thread for it anyway. GLB should be unbalanced and GLA should NOT have a two handed mode because that's just physically impossible.

#19 profail, the Godfather

profail
  • 99 posts
  • 5233 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 17:16

Yeah and talking about nerfs is useless anyways, but this mod won't be balanced without a shitload of nerfs. If you nerf something, the second best will be the best so it's useless if you nerf only one or two things.

You rarely can see pikemans in this mod cause everyone is going for the kill instead of playing in a team (major problem). But a proper pikeman is one of the most useful player in a team.

They're both good as they are. This isn't the right thread for it anyway. GLB should be unbalanced and GLA should NOT have a two handed mode because that's just physically impossible.

+1, I think everyone can agree with this, Homer please take care of this.

#20 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7867 posts
  • 26323 kills

Posted 06 July 2013 - 17:30

So drawing a conclusion, whole mod could be made better if we could make playing as team be more profitable than getting lots of kills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users