#1 TrinityArse, Backpeddle Bitch

TrinityArse
  • Member of GS
  • 26 posts
  • 118 kills

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:39

BALANCE OF POWER: CALRADIA

THE MAP (Click to Show)

Welcome to the first official BoP game I hope to start on the Mercenaries forums. If none of you all are familiar with what BoP is, read on.

BoP stands for Balance of Power, a forum-based game that originated on the TaleWorlds forums/other forums. It's a turn-based strategy game that focuses on military strategy, economic strategy, and diplomatic strategy. The game begins with a basic map (shown above), which is divided into colours that represent factions. At the beginning of the game, each forum member applies to be a certain faction. Once all factions are occupied, the game begins. BoP games end when one faction takes over the whole map, which usually takes weeks, even months! It depends on how strategically intelligent you all can be!

If any of you find this interesting, and wish to apply for a faction, then I'll post more rules/game mechanics on this thread. Otherwise, you can visit the following Balance of Power threads on TaleWorlds:
BoP: 270 B.C.E.
BoP: 1750 A.D.

FACTIONS:
Factions are represented on the map by their colours as follows:

Kingdom of Swadia
Kingdom of Rhodoks
Kingdom of Nords
Khergit Khanate
Kingdom of Vaegirs
Sarranid Sultanate
Empire of the Homer Islands

Each faction has its own starting budget, military, economy, infrastructure, civil stability, diplomatic relations, etc. Each faction's power usually depends on the amount of provinces it controls, however you should never underestimate small factions. Players can apply for ANY of the above factions EXCEPT for the Homer Islands Empire.

Homer's Empire will of course be the most influential and powerful faction in the game, and will likely be an NPC faction (cough, UNLESS HOMER WILL TAKE CHARGE). Factions will be allowed to attempt diplomacy with the Empire to gain an upper hand over the other factions, or the factions can band together and destroy it!

So, once more, if any of you guys are willing to do this, just post a reply showing your positive interests and I'll see if I CBA to do this myself.

#2 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3963 posts
  • 17775 kills

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:26

Kingdom of Nords; always wanted to try and take part of this.

#3 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 46621 kills

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:26

Homer Islands? Something new -.-

I may join this, but doubt it.
Good luck anyway!

#4 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth