• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#1 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 30 January 2013 - 20:01

This is a roleplay that takes place in the alternate universe called Calradia. After 116 long years, the situation present in the native game is drastically altered. The borders of the realms and the realms themselves have been redrawn, and many new chances now open.

Timeline (Click to Show)

Map of Calradia:
Spoiler (Click to Show)

Factions:

Holy Calradian Empire (Click to Show)
Vaegir Tsardom (Click to Show)

Sargothian Merchant Republic (Click to Show)

Kingdom of Wercheg (Click to Show)

Kingdom of Tihr (Click to Show)

Sarranid Sultanate (Click to Show)
Khergit Khanate (Click to Show)
Vintroth (Click to Show)

Mercenary factions:

Korpi (Click to Show)

Rules

To join you take your current mercenary character. There we go! Now you are in the RP! Be wary though! We will not allow godmodding, powerplaying, or any other form of that! Not Only that, but also your character's name must be a real RP'ish name. We will not accept L33tp3wnz0rd for example. You are allowed to buy new gear, upgrade your gear, loot gear and lose gear for your character, but stay within the limits of the realistic, and don't suddenly change class. One cannot learn how to wield an entirely different weapon decently within a month for example. At least a month of extreme and hard training, leaving bows out of the question.

A website for collab's:
http://sync.in/

Open for application.

Edited by Roran 13, 04 January 2014 - 13:59.

#2 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24039 kills

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:35

So! When do we begin? :P

#3 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:01

Still closed for application.

Roran, when can we start actually>

#4 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:23

When I deliver my end work tomorrow, I'll have time like I've never known before. Then I'll do.

#5 Rojen

Rojen
  • Member of BOC
  • 971 posts
  • 31421 kills

Posted 02 February 2013 - 22:07

You missed out Jebus. Obviously this whole thread is bogus

#6 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:30

We have no Jebus. We have a Homer(us)

#7 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7272 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 03 February 2013 - 21:01

We have Homeros, you mean.

#8 Leonidas300, Le MercenariƩ

Leonidas300
  • 1070 posts
  • 41014 kills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 00:28

So, this thread is to show the general situation of Calradia roleplay?

#9 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 00:30

In mercs

#10 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 16:13

Yes. The roleplay will begin as soon as I find the will to start it.

#11 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24039 kills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 17:13

Which is when exactly?
(Not a serious question btw xD)

However, back to serious.
I am kinda looking forward to this, I hope ye will find the will to start it soon enough.

#12 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7712 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 18:31

I'm pretty sure we will. If Roran forgets starting it for long enough, I'll do something

#13 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24039 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:47

So.. what ye think?
I would say all of us have waited for quite some time now, no?

#14 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3462 posts
  • 20515 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48

I like the fact that so far the only RP that has managed to happen are Sandorras old "I will rip your head off and shit down your neck while your family watches me"-elf stories.

Zombies failed after 3 posts, Arena of Glory failed after 1 round of RP and it seems that History of Calradia is not going to even start.

But if this thing manages to start, I already have a feeling that due to the personas in this community, not a single person is willing to RP in a way that would make them look "bad" (for example, if a small scrap would happen between Cows and Korpi, I doubt neither of the sides would be willing to admit defeat via RP. Both would try to make some epic maneuver in the end of the battle that would see them victorious. And then we'd have arguments over "No, you lose 'cos we use this and that!" "No, you!" etc.)

And if somebody responds to this post by saying "I'd RP a defeat, I don't mind, its just for fun", I have only one thing to ask of them:

That little voice in the back of your head...It keeps telling you "You should win, dickweed, don't be a wuss", right?

#15 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1726 posts
  • 10732 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:28

No, the voice in the back of my head keeps telling me

If you RP that you lost, it makes you look like a winner and everyone else immature.

#16 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24039 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:39

RP is RP. IC is IC and have nothing to do with OOC. So if you win or lose, it does not matter. If you can RP it correctly you are always the winner, if they wouldnt be able, they lose. Simple fact about RP'ing, if you cant accept any defeat what so ever, you shouldnt RP.

Now. Anyone that wants this started?
Roran, Sandorra, am looking at you two.

#17 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7712 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:49

Well I'm not starting this at work. Remind me in... 3-4 hours, and I'll give you a start.

Ps. What Cyd said there is exactly why I don't like rp fighting another person.

#18 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3462 posts
  • 20515 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:04

Sure, people can RP in a way that doesn't make them win everytime, but the step of admitting defeat and not starting to get angry or making some sudden change of "well, now there will be these 5 guys who are like superhumans and lol, you lost" is so goddamn high for 90 % of the people that person vs person roleplay usually ends up in "you nab, why u powergame? you didn't win, you powergamed nablet!".

In an RP, those who participate have an image of what they look and act in their heads, when you add another person into the mix with his own RP-character, it usually ends up in arguments over "you can't do that, I have better inf/cav/archers than you, l2play nab" or "you sux, fuggot".

And we all know that this community is full of immature buggers who want to look like conquerors of the world, be it IG or RP situations. Hell, even the Arena of Glory-RP showed that people have a hard time writing something other than "And then he took his great sword and sliced his heavily armored opponent in half bla bla bla what a masterful fighter have my babies omg I may have hots for my RP-char". And that was when they were supposed to fight a rabble of scums that were thrown to the wolwes (aka gladiators).

The above text is a response for Jepe and Anden, I feared I'd have a massive WoT if I'd quote your texts as well.

#19 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7712 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:11

You did.
We can always have a cw if it comes to the 'who won' arguments

#20 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24039 kills

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:15

Well the point is when making a character.. Dont make it overpowered. Understand everyone are weak one way or another.
But yes, admitting defeat and not going all ape shit over it is something not everyone can do, but if they cant, they should not RP, thats all I have to say.

And when fighting other characters, I would say, use rolls, works most of the time and its quite fair, just remember to make sure everything make sense on that part.
Good and fair admins/gamemasters also help!

Anyhow, as I think I said before, if people cant take a loss or RP without being a bitchhead, they should just leave it. But yes Cyd, this community is indeed full of immature buggers that want to look like -something great-. However, if thats all they wish, they can also get out from the RP board.

I hope I didnt repeat myself to much, I usually do that a lot..
Something I missed? Hope not...

Oh and Sandorra, Cheers! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users