• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:47

Righto, this is a zombie-apocalypse setting RP and it's open for everyone.

The situation takes place in England, the day after the outbreak, 22.12.2012.
 "Think Carla is coming to the party tonight?" asked Johnny, innocently, without letting his tone betray the importance of the question. The question he had wanted to ask since he received the invitation.
"Probably, Daisy said she's not coming alone, so I 'pose she's taking Carla with her." responded Raynold with his common, calm tone.
Doing the best to hide his joy from his friend, Johnny simply nodded in approval.
He was just about to light another fag, when he heard it.
"Bloody hell! What the fuck was that?!" he yelled, the box of fags dropped along with the lighter.
"S-sounded like something exploded." stuttered Raynold, his calm tone but a memory.
"THERE! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?" shouted Johnny, pointing at a group of people running down the street, hysterically yelling and crying.
The sudden blam, as the door was shut, forced the men to turn around.
"It's bad. Really bad." said Jim, shaking. Johnny had always respected Jim for his excellent posture and tall height, but right now, it seemed the poor man was smaller than him.
"What do you mean it's bad? And why do you look like you just shit your pants?"
"Those, those, CREATURES! I saw 'em eat him. I swear to the motherfucking God I saw them eat a man alive. I-i-i I don't know who or what those... people are..." without finishing his sentence, Jim collapsed in front of the doorway, blocking it with his body.
  - The narration has nothing to do with the IC story. Random flashback. -

Joining
To sign up, simply post a brief overview of your character, along with the first name. No long appearance description is needed, you can describe your character at will once the game is open.

You can create multiple characters, since people in zombie apocalypses tend to die. It simply is boring without fresh blood.

Everyone is free to join at whatever time they want.

Any questions? Ask away.

#2 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:53

HELL YUSH Expect my CS shortly.
 Name: Dan Genthsworth
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Spoiler (Click to Show)
Personality: Dan is a very easygoing and forgiving man. He also is very friendly. But that has changed. He has withnessed things he wants to forget, things nothing can cure. He now is tormented by nightmares and PTSD, causing shaking and trembling. He has completely shut down from strangers, and distrusts anything untill he has made sure it isn't.
History: He lived in the countryside not too far From london when the zombies broke out. It quickly spread all over the land, and chaotic news broadcasts told the same disease spreading all over the world. When the zombies approached his house and manege he had already prepared and barricaded it, which was easy enough as he lived next to an abandoned sawmill. One day some survivors arrived, desperately in need of help, adn were let in by Dan and his wife Evellyn. The men turned out to be robbers and tied Dan while they raped and brutally murdered his wife, only to be killed by zombies who had broken throguh through the gates, left unlocked when the robbers assaulted him. Dan managed to escape on his favorite horse, Zala and has been on the run eversince. He later returned to his house and scrambled what resources he could find, but the horrifying scene still haunts his dreams.
Skills: He is a good horseman, and is physically fit and strong. He knows how to take care of minor injuries to laregr injuries, which one can suffer from horseriding. Apart from that he knows a bit about basic herbal medicine to treat his horses, but now gratefully uses this knowledge to feed himself.
Tools: He has a custom made-saddle with saddlebags for Zala, a woodcutting axe and a large kitchen knife. Apart from that he also carrie a hammer and a saw, together with a long bolt of sturdy rope. He also has a large backpack with 3 clean 2l water containers and some old bread. He carries basic equipment to cook and make a small camp too. Last but not least he also has some blankets and textile to repair stuff or use as bandages, together with the EHBO kit on his manege.
Additional information:

#3 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:21

I might join in too. But couple questions.
What kind of zombies? Walking dead, dawn of the dead, resident evil, left 4 dead?
Aka are they really dead, slow, dumb creatures that are more dangerous in groups and on surprising situations. Or dawn of the dead like, agile, fast and smart dead zombies (dead zombies = headhit required).
Or l4d/28 days/weeks later, fast and smart, living infected (no hs required)

Also, infection only through bites, or scratches too. How long after infection before mutation?

Lastly, do people killed by say heart attack turn?

I will probably come up with more questions, but these for starters

#4 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52

Walking Dead zombies, slow, dumb, but can mass up to herds because of stupidity and infections through bites and scratches.

Edit - Max turning time is one day, shortest is a couple minutes.

#5 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:32

Good, good. Never liked the fast bastards.

But do people who die by other means turn? Is suicide an escape?

#6 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07

We'll see how it turns out.

#7 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32

Mk. Do we concentrate on some 'specific spots, or are we going global with spreading our characters. I assume the infection is global by now somehow

#8 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 14:20

The story begins just ONE day after the outbreak. The events take place only in UK.

Roran, you do realise the event begins 1 day after the outbreak? There's literally no way he could've gone through all of that in less than a day. Most of UK is still uninfected.

#9 Tywin, Veteran of the Stormcrows Mercenary Company

Tywin
  • Member of Stormcrow
  • 2090 posts
  • 19325 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 14:22

I would like to give it a try, if you donĀ“t mind. Though, I would like you to give more informations about the way this game is going to be played. Do we all just post something, evolving the story further and further? Or will you organize it? For that part, I would like to stay in a minor role, probably. Please have appreciation if my posts are not perfect, this is my first try for an english RP, and I am only used to write stories in german.

Name: Johann Lorenz
Appearance: Johann is a tall man marked from working in the agency most of his time. He is not very muscular, but persistent when it comes to walking great distances.
Spoiler (Click to Show)
Personality: Johann Lorenz is a quite smart and intelligent man who is used to give orders from his job, where he had the control over dozen of employees. He acts calculating and not from intuition, though he is often the first one to take over responsibility if a leader is needed. Johann can be really resentful and is not quick to trust people.
History: When the apocalypse came he was having a vacation in Noth England, finally relaxing after months of hard work. Johann was a sucessfull administrative authority in the big german weapon factory "Rheinmetall Industrie AG", where he controlled the export of high technology weapons in Frankfurt.
On the 21. December, Johann Lorenz - not believing the stories about the coming apocalypse - was wallking through the enligsh moor. Reaching a lookout point, he realized something was wrong in the city near his holiday house, so he sneaked back into his house where he had first contact with zombies, put everything useful he could find in his bag - among a big knife and field glasses also a little hand gun - and fled out of the city with his Mercedes Benz car.
Skills: Johann is a experienced leader and a smart analyst.
From working in the company, Johann has a good knowledge about several types of weapons, being able to repair them. He likes to hunt in his freetime and his a decent marksmen.
He is a good walker and a decent driver.
Tools: Mister Lorenz carries a big hunting knife and a little hand gun. He also owns field glasses. In his bag, he had always carried dressing material, and so he does now.
He is driving a big black car from the brand Mercedes.
Additional information: -

(Hope the car thing is ok?)

#10 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 14:23

Hmm... Are you sure you didn't sneakily edit the place in the prologue? I don't remember it saying it happens in England when I first read it
 Why wouldn't cars work. That is, until it gets stuck on traffic of abandoned cars, breaks or runs out of fuel. Or you plain have to leave it for reason or another (thieves, horde, etc.)

#11 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:08

Hmm... Are you sure you didn't sneakily edit the place in the prologue? I don't remember it saying it happens in England when I first read it

The first post hasn't been edited.

Edit - I'm going to write a narrative every week (let's say every Monday), in which something happens (the first narrative brings everyone together and then continues from there). It's all up to the characters after that. We'll have to make decisions, work as a group and most importantly - survive.
And yes, people do die, whether you want it or not.

#12 Tywin, Veteran of the Stormcrows Mercenary Company

Tywin
  • Member of Stormcrow
  • 2090 posts
  • 19325 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:17

Why do I have the feeling that Jock will let my Johann be brutally killed by Zombies now?

#13 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:22

I'm being completely neutral and won't make character kills a regular thing. That's also why I recommend to create multiple ones and not provide that much information about them. Read Walking Dead comics if you want to get a more clear overview at what I'm trying to create here.

#14 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:28

We can create the new characters later on? I don't want to multitask with 3 or so different characters at the same time

#15 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:47

Later on, yes.

#16 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:51

Let's say Dan lives safely for the first 2 IC weeks then. Making a second char.

[spoiler=Charactername][i][b]Name:[/b][/i] 
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i] 
[i][b]Sex:[/b][/i] 
[i][b]Appearance:[/b][/i]
[Spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i] 
[i][b]History:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Skills:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Tools:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Additional information:[/b][/i][/spoiler]

#17 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:28

Didn't I say we DON'T need that much information?

In fact, everything besides the first name is voluntary.

#18 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:43

Name: Corporal Christopher Mallard
Appearance: Short, young man. Military style very short stub hairs. Agile and good endurance.
Personality: Used to both leading his men, and to obey the orders of his superior. Calm, rational, and stubborn.
Skills: Trained in firearms, melee fighting, orienteering. Able to maintain his gear.
Tools: Automatic rifle, 3 clips of ammo (90 rounds), military knife, Small MRE, water bottle, compass, weapon cleaning set, shrapnel vest, military camo clothes.
Additional information: -

And before someone else than jock starts yelling OP, nope. Send me a message in steam if you feel the need for me to explain the gear. It's basic military gear tho, and that is lightened.

#19 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3485 posts
  • 20533 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:10

Lee.

That is all.

#20 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18621 kills

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:17

An excellent introduction, everyone learn from Cyddy here.

My character is called Rob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users