10 replies to this topic

#1 Ulfur, Pain.

Ulfur
  • Member of Cerberus
  • 16 posts
  • 4908 kills

Posted 04 November 2021 - 22:35

Hey guys,

So for some time now I've been having problems with my FPS dropping to ~3 whenever I open up a menu in Mount and Blade Warband, not just on Mercs.

My in-game FPS is fine, I can play normally but the moment I press escape and/or open up any kind of in-game menu my game begins to lag, freeze and harshly drops in FPS.

I've tried re-installing the game, even on different drives, updated my drivers, put custom settings in the drivers, ran the game windowed and full-screen, nothing seems to help so far.

Switching between dx7 and dx9 seems to make no difference.

Would anyone be able to help me? Cheers in advance.

Edited by Ulfur, 04 November 2021 - 22:42.

#2 Specimen

Specimen
  • Member of Caravan
  • 346 posts
  • 39746 kills

Posted 05 November 2021 - 00:42

Do the fps drop have to do with the .dll I sent you the other day?

Jokes aside, I've had the same problems, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't, it's weird, but only when choosing gear, and on every mod...

Hopefully someone finds out the reason of these sudden menu freezes.

#3 knez, Pillowfuckers belong on a cross

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3194 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:19

Try deleting the game completely, then going to my documents/ mount and blade warband and wiping anything there, as well as navigating to steamapps/common and making sure mount and blade warband folder is removed as well.

#4 Ulfur, Pain.

Ulfur
  • Member of Cerberus
  • 16 posts
  • 4908 kills

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:49

Try deleting the game completely, then going to my documents/ mount and blade warband and wiping anything there, as well as navigating to steamapps/common and making sure mount and blade warband folder is removed as well.

I've done this with sadly no results. If I may speculate it seems its the driver updates that sometimes just fuck the game. 

Do the fps drop have to do with the .dll I sent you the other day?

Jokes aside, I've had the same problems, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't, it's weird, but only when choosing gear, and on every mod...

Hopefully someone finds out the reason of these sudden menu freezes.

My guess so far is the driver update, just have to wait for the next update....

#5 Lord Gaius FatCat, meow

Lord Gaius FatCat
  • Member of FatCat
  • 1317 posts
  • 52265 kills

Posted 06 November 2021 - 01:15

if I update my amd drivers, every game fucks up to the point where I have time to ponder amid a cold blue screen and rethink my life choices as why I even thought updating the drivers would do any good..

#6 Wulfric

Wulfric
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 178 posts
  • 28216 kills

Posted 06 November 2021 - 11:13

Try the method outlined here: https://forums.talew...-5#post-9718032

You can either download and run the executable provided in that post or use a hex editor of your choice (HxD* is the one I myself use) to flip the value (from 00 to 01) at the address of 00216FA5 in mb_warband.exe.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HxD

Edited by Wulfric, 06 November 2021 - 11:26.

• Namakan and Aristotel like this

#7 LaPache_

LaPache_
  • Member of AmoX
  • 141 posts
  • 21963 kills

Posted 06 November 2021 - 21:56

Do you have an nvidia gpu? If you do it's a known issue. My fps are not dropping to -3 but to like 30 aswell it's quite annoying. You could try getting an old version of your graphics card but no guarantee that it will fix it.

• Specimen likes this

#8 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1367 posts
  • 24601 kills

Posted 06 November 2021 - 22:56

Do you have an nvidia gpu? If you do it's a known issue. My fps are not dropping to -3 but to like 30 aswell it's quite annoying. You could try getting an old version of your graphics card but no guarantee that it will fix it.

try the fix above, worked for me (the manual way, no clue about the patcher)

• Specimen likes this

#9 Tunfisk, Sure buddy

Tunfisk
  • Member of Caravan
  • 26 posts
  • 5225 kills

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:36

if you're desperate enough you can restore your system a couple months back in time, should fix the issue even if its fualty drivers. 

• Hade likes this

#10 Purin

Purin
  • Member of AmoX
  • 973 posts
  • 73996 kills

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:40

Alrighty, so I installed the new battlefield drivers and got the same issue, but the method (patcher) that Wulfric linked actually fixed it right away.

Edited by Purin, 20 November 2021 - 02:03.

#11 Wulfric

Wulfric
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 178 posts
  • 28216 kills

Posted 01 January 2022 - 17:10

I'm writing this for future reference. Apparently, the Nvidia driver version 497.29 fixes this issue so try installing that (or the latest drivers unless they introduce this bug again) before editing mb_warband.exe which can still be done if the new driver does not work for you. 

Edit: After having removed the change made to the executable -that I had explained above- and installed the driver version 497.29, the game has retained its good performance but I still experience cursor flickering as before (the workaround) which can get annoying at times when navigating through menus, therefore I'll re-apply the workaround. 

Edited by Wulfric, 16 January 2022 - 04:10.

• Purin and Se├ín like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users