• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 friezkrieg

friezkrieg
  • Member of Stormcloak
  • 2 posts
  • 14864 kills

Posted 09 June 2021 - 18:30

Greetings lads. Today, after some hours of being annihilated by horde of archers, I start calculating dps of xbows and bows. Well, I take a middle-tiers weapons - Heavy Crossbow and Strong Bow (a common weapon, what archers using). First, lets take a look on damage - Heavy Crossbow with T2 bolts have 56p dmg, this weapon with 4 Reloading skill provide 3,2 secs while reloading. But if we looking at our model of bows... 24p dmg (also with T2 arrows) + 6 PD (I think its a common level of this skill what typical archer have) 24+60%=38,4... with reloading speed 1,3 secs and what we have here - 56 < 76,8... and ofc if xbowman have a good luck to reload and not being shoted. So why I just started this topic? Please, I demand some buff for xbows. Im also understand - xbows have a "Wound" effect, but it cant help u while shooting vs archer.

#2 wrau, ParaLaxa, SePukPuk, PoliChlorek, Yokel, Amarylis

wrau
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 69 posts
  • 40442 kills

Posted 09 June 2021 - 20:26

Ask Toxic for some lessons how to use xbow, he got more than 3 kd all time when he use it (some ppl also say that xbow is eazier to get kd so no need to any buff).

#3 Kerox

Kerox
  • Member of N3rd5l4yrZ
  • 351 posts
  • 23791 kills

Posted 09 June 2021 - 21:42

many have tried before you, brave soldier, but all their suffering was for the shitter

• Matrona likes this

#4 Kiwi, "Stop posting absolute toss on the forums" ~Dawlish

Kiwi
  • Member of Ferall
  • 150 posts
  • 74787 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:25

Greetings lads. Today, after some hours of being annihilated by horde of archers, I start calculating dps of xbows and bows. Well, I take a middle-tiers weapons - Heavy Crossbow and Strong Bow (a common weapon, what archers using). First, lets take a look on damage - Heavy Crossbow with T2 bolts have 56p dmg, this weapon with 4 Reloading skill provide 3,2 secs while reloading. But if we looking at our model of bows... 24p dmg (also with T2 arrows) + 6 PD (I think its a common level of this skill what typical archer have) 24+60%=38,4... with reloading speed 1,3 secs and what we have here - 56 < 76,8... and ofc if xbowman have a good luck to reload and not being shoted. So why I just started this topic? Please, I demand some buff for xbows. Im also understand - xbows have a "Wound" effect, but it cant help u while shooting vs archer.

Crossbow is fine, it's bad against archers, mainly because archers are OP, but its very good against literally any other class. A buff would make it too fucking strong.

#5 GWIN

GWIN
  • Member of Angmar
  • 13 posts
  • 15992 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:56

The only way to improve crossbows is to remove them along with bows and throwing weapons.
Another (alternative) way is to reduce the damage from arrows to the level of fist damage.

#6 New_PIayer

New_PIayer
  • Member of TBA
  • 19 posts
  • 5223 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:08

crossbows are just fine, you just have to learn to use it

also, gwin is a retard

Edited by New_PIayer, 10 June 2021 - 12:08.

• Matrona, Kerox, SlutElf and 2 others like this

#7 Kerox

Kerox
  • Member of N3rd5l4yrZ
  • 351 posts
  • 23791 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 13:24

also, gwin is a retard

#8 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 228 posts
  • 29904 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 15:13

200.gif

• Pharis and Tomkin like this

#9 IG_Andrew, King Kong

IG_Andrew
  • Member of MF
  • 440 posts
  • 27336 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 17:01

Crossbow is fine, it's bad against archers, mainly because archers are OP, but its very good against literally any other class. A buff would make it too fucking strong.

No idea if you are trolling but xbows are nerfed, bolt speed and bolt drop are insanely low, dmg too

#10 Kiwi, "Stop posting absolute toss on the forums" ~Dawlish

Kiwi
  • Member of Ferall
  • 150 posts
  • 74787 kills

Posted 10 June 2021 - 21:16

No idea if you are trolling but xbows are nerfed, bolt speed and bolt drop are insanely low, dmg too

idk the aim is simply different but otherwise I'm doing fine with it

#11 Matrona, 2021 Hunter Killur Cadet

Matrona
  • Member of STFU
  • 641 posts
  • 59305 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:02

Actually compared to the ones we had in CRPG, Mercs crossbows look cute in comparison. You know what I mean. Also I recently found out that crossbow is actually good in clanwars. Shoot the piker, wound him then watch him get devoured by 5 angry shielders who has piker PTSD flashbacks.

• Lanzelit likes this

#12 Pig, Earl of Bacon

Pig
  • Member of Folkesson
  • 537 posts
  • 75590 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:08

Actually compared to the ones we had in CRPG, Mercs crossbows look cute in comparison. You know what I mean. Also I recently found out that crossbow is actually good in clanwars. Shoot the piker, wound him then watch him get devoured by 5 angry shielders who has piker PTSD flashbacks.

if you hit him*

#13 Duck_The_Mean, The King

Duck_The_Mean
  • Member of AmoX
  • 999 posts
  • 103956 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:48

Think its more of a case that archer needs a nerf rather than xbow needing a buff. 

• Namakan, Kiwi, Lanzelit and 2 others like this

#14 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 228 posts
  • 29904 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 13:16

Think its more of a case that archer needs a nerf rather than xbow needing a buff. 

Wiser words have never been spoken friend

#15 GWIN

GWIN
  • Member of Angmar
  • 13 posts
  • 15992 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 16:02

Since you are dreaming of any rework, then I would suggest increasing the accuracy of the rifle (and reducing the damage *or not*), for a weapon for 100k gold it is rather inaccurate. I'm not good at physics and ballistics in general, but for some reason the arrows and bolts are flying like the shots of the Death Star, and the bullet behaves like it's a leaf in the wind.

#16 Tomkin18

Tomkin18
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 142 posts
  • 43163 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 16:04

hI gUyS D E k K E r S     

hErE 

CUmiNG aT you Live wiTH EpIC GamEplay ahehehehehehehe

• Dekkers likes this

#17 Welsh_Lad, i am alive ish

Welsh_Lad
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3372 posts
  • 40063 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 16:18

Honestly i'd say Crossbows are at their strongest when you're fighting archers because you can hold the angles long term which means they're forcing to take quick pot shots at you

Crossbows can sure be frustrating but they certainly are in no need of a buff, they're the most fun class to play imo 

• Kiwi likes this

#18 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 228 posts
  • 29904 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 17:12

hI gUyS D E k K E r S     

hErE 

CUmiNG aT you Live wiTH EpIC GamEplay ahehehehehehehe

H e L l O this is     

T O M k I N

The NeW WaRBaNd                PROdIgYYY

tenor.gif

haha kisses

• Pusiak, Matrona, Lord Gaius FatCat and 2 others like this

#19 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 228 posts
  • 29904 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 17:12

Since you are dreaming of any rework, then I would suggest increasing the accuracy of the rifle (and reducing the damage *or not*), for a weapon for 100k gold it is rather inaccurate. I'm not good at physics and ballistics in general, but for some reason the arrows and bolts are flying like the shots of the Death Star, and the bullet behaves like it's a leaf in the wind.

Can you refrain from spewing your autism on the forums and just leave it for global chat thanks in advance

• Speedyyyyyy likes this

#20 Matrona, 2021 Hunter Killur Cadet

Matrona
  • Member of STFU
  • 641 posts
  • 59305 kills

Posted 11 June 2021 - 17:30

if you hit him*

Not everyone is a nublet like you Piggy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users