4 replies to this topic

#1 Kanker

Kanker
  • Member of AmoX
  • 12 posts
  • 16199 kills

Posted 16 May 2021 - 13:33

Dear Mercs,

I've been trying to reinstall Mercenaries on my macbook, but I can't get it to work anymore, which it used to.

Anyone know a way to install it again?

I've been trying Wine, but whenever I open the .exe file, nothing happens..

#2 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1328 posts
  • 24095 kills

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:45

If you have the exe downloaded, you can try manually installing the mod. This was written for windows originally so I'm not sure if 7zip has a macOS version - if not you will have to find a similar tool yourself I'm afraid.

0. If you don't have it already, download and install 7-Zip -> https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

1. Download the installer (should be called mercenaries-1.045-setup.exe)

2. Right click on the installer in your downloads folder, select "7-Zip" -> "Open" (This should open a file explorer containing two folders, $PLUGINSDIR and Modules)

3. Copy the Modules folder into your Mount & Blade Warband Installation (or open the Modules folder and select the Mercenaries folder inside it, then copy that into your Warband Modules folder - same thing)

Done!

Be aware that you might have some issues with shaders - I'm honestly not sure how to fix those, though. It's an issue that comes through running the game with mods on other operating systems, not the manual installation.

#3 Macdara, Macco

Macdara
  • Member of Crusade
  • 62 posts
  • 25888 kills

Posted 17 May 2021 - 18:35

If you have the exe downloaded, you can try manually installing the mod. This was written for windows originally so I'm not sure if 7zip has a macOS version - if not you will have to find a similar tool yourself I'm afraid.

0. If you don't have it already, download and install 7-Zip -> https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

2. Right click on the installer in your downloads folder, select "7-Zip" -> "Open" (This should open a file explorer containing two folders, $PLUGINSDIR and Modules)

3. Copy the Modules folder into your Mount & Blade Warband Installation (or open the Modules folder and select the Mercenaries folder inside it, then copy that into your Warband Modules folder - same thing)

Done!

Be aware that you might have some issues with shaders - I'm honestly not sure how to fix those, though. It's an issue that comes through running the game with mods on other operating systems, not the manual installation.

nerd alert

• Kerox likes this

#4 Kanker

Kanker
  • Member of AmoX
  • 12 posts
  • 16199 kills

Posted 18 September 2021 - 16:24

Done!

yeah it doesn't have a macOS version :| I used Wine before, and it worked a year ago, but currently doesn't anymore. RIP.

Thanks for the tips though!

Edited by Kanker, 18 September 2021 - 16:25.

#5 IG_Andrew

IG_Andrew
  • Member of TheDorston
  • 487 posts
  • 28231 kills

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:27

Isn't there a window emulator on mac that can run mercs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users