The Pig on a stick Tournament, Roasted Porc edition is the second part of a clan tournament that took place almost two years ago. A few months ago, Edric, LaPache and myself considered hosting another clan tournaments as we acknowledged there was a community interest for it. Unfortunately the timing wasn't the best for us and as other competent people expressed their wish to host a Fantasy League on Mercenaries, we figured out it was just as good to wait. Now that said Fantasy League finished and with the main native tournament just about to end, we believe this is the perfect occasion to host another clan tournament. This second edition of The Pig on a stick will feature a lot of similar rules and ideas we already implemented in the first season but with a different format that we believe will fit the current scene better.
The tournament will consist of a division system. Division A and B will fight in group stages (Division A will have 2 groups of 5 teams randomly picked on a website with the admins Simon and Duck as witnesses). The 4 first teams will advance to the quarter-finals. Regarding Division B, there is only one group, where the top 4 of this group will advance to the semi-finals. The tournament is due to start on the 03rd of May.
Division A current prize pool: 10x20k = 200k.
Division B current prize pool: 6x20k = 120k.
Division A prize pool distribution:
1st - 47%
2nd - 27%
3rd - 17%
4th - 9%
Division B prize pool distribution:
1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%
§1 Maturity & Respect
(1) While interacting with other members of the tournament, that it be staff, other players or potential streamers, you are expected to always remain polite and respectful. If someone shows a poor attitude such as displaying rudeness or immaturity, he or she will be punished by the tournament administration. Said punishments are applied with a three-strikes policy: the first incident will result in a warning, the second into a match suspension and the third incident might lead to the complete and immediate removal of the offender from the tournament. It has to be mentioned that depending on the severity of the incident, the tournament administration reserves itself the right to jump directly to the last level of punishment without prior warning and/or match suspension.
(2) Any player that incites, participates in or attempts to exploit disruption of matches, practices sessions or organisation of other teams will be barred from playing in their match as punishment for a first offence and removed from the tournament in the event of a second offence. If it appears that several players of the same team were involved together in one or several incidents, said team might face its complete and immediate removal from the tournament.
(1) It is strictly prohibited to gain an advantage by using game modifications, cheats, or hacks such as texture replacers/recolours, aimbots, or autoblock. Every player that is found to have modified texture files or caught cheating in other ways will be banned from the tournament.
(2) Exceptions from § 2 1) are listed in Appendix A.
(3) If a player is found to have cheated in any of these ways during a match then that player's team will have to forfeit the match.
(4) Former proven cheaters or players for whom enough suspicious evidence has been brought towards the tournament's administration may be asked to record & upload all their official matches to be allowed in the tournament. Here is the list of people who have to record their official matches throughout the tournament:
- Mikalir/Asgar_misha (Member of Luci)
- Anubis (Member of Forlorn)
- Nessa (Member of NO HOMO)
§3 Tournament Format
§ 6 Team Rosters
(1) Every team must provide the tournament administration with a roster consisting of a minimum of six players at least 24 hours before their first match. Teams that fail to do so are not eligible to play in the tournament and will be eliminated. There is no maximum roster limit.
(2) Players who have previously played for a team during the tournament are no longer eligible to play for any other team during the rest of the competition. They may be removed from the team, but cannot be added to the roster of another team. A player counts as part of a clan once he has played an official match for them.
(3) Teams are permitted to change their team banner one time during the tournament, which must be approved by an administrator.
§ 7 Multiteaming
(1) It is strictly prohibited for a player to play or have played, for more than one team during the tournament. If a player is found to be on the roster for more than one team then that player will be ejected from the tournament. Teams that were complicit and knowingly allowed a player from another team to play for them will be disqualified.
§ 8 Match Server
(1) All matches must be played on either Krex's or the official Mercenaries clan war servers. Both servers have different settings, the main one being the flag mod missing on the official CW’s servers. Keeping that in mind, teams are free to decide on which servers they want to play their matches.
(2) If teams cannot agree on a server, they have to ask a referee or tournament administrator for help.
(3) You are responsible for booking a server on time for your match and letting other teams know it aswell, for clarity sake.
§ 9 Referees
(1) Referees are available on request but are not mandatory. Requests for a referee can be made to the administration by either team’s captain.
§ 10 Players Gathering
(1) Both teams have a grace period of 10 minutes after the agreed match start time to gather their players in the server. If a team fails to turn up with at least 6 players 10 minutes after the agreed match start, the other team may contact an admin and will be awarded a default win. If a team agrees to wait longer than 10 minutes for their opponent to finish gathering players, then they may wait up to 20 additional minutes (i.e. 30 minutes after the agreed time). If their opponent has still not gathered enough players, then an admin must be notified and a default win will be awarded.
(2) Teams are not obligated to wait more than 5 minutes between maps and sets and are allowed to enforce a restart after these periods of waiting
§ 11 Match Format
(1) Each match consists of 2 sets played on each of 2 maps, thus 4 sets in total. After the first set on each map the teams will switch side. Each set will be won by the team that is the first to win 3 rounds. Each match will be won by the team with the higher number of rounds won at the end of the 4 sets.
(2) Matches should be played in 8vs8. Teams must field 6 players before the match starts or forfeit the match. Teams are encouraged to begin each round with the same number of players. If a player has crashed, a team is allowed to start a round with 5 players. In the event that a team has fewer than 5 players at the beginning of a round, they will forfeit the remainder of the set. If they cannot find a substitute within the minimum 5-minute wait time between sets, then they will forfeit the match.
(3) Each team captain is responsible for ensuring that a screenshot is made of each set result. Unless a referee or admin was present, captains are required to post the score of their match and provide a screenshot for each set played. Publishing the CW on Mercenaries website with approval of both captains that this was indeed their tournament match is enough proof.
(4) Potions are allowed without restriction. Strength potion's effectiveness was reduced by 50%, its duration was reduced from 30 to 20 seconds and the self-damage was increased from 10 to 15. Other potions only have their duration decreased from 30 to 20 seconds. Guns are allowed without restriction.
(5) Throwers are allowed but limited to one per team.
(7) Horse archers, Horse xbows and horse throwers are forbidden.
(8) You are allowed to swap class mid-set, but NOT players. *NEW*
§ 12 Substitutions
§ 13 Tie Breaker
§ Appendix A - Allowed Modifications
Edited by Specimen, 06 June 2021 - 19:00.