Public polls are always tricky, because people will easily vote 'yes' or 'no' without thinking twice.
With this little post I try to bring out the essence of the two options and the consequence that either option might bring.
Voting 'Yes' because:
1) It makes the life of admins a bit easier. Long conversations in a foreign language full with insults that all have to be translated, won't be an issue anymore.
2) It will probably prevent certain individuals who tend to flood the chat to be able to do so.
3) Everyone can listen in to any conversation thats being held on the all chat. No more secrets!
4) You should have chats in your foreign language with people in steam or other chat providers. Not on the mercenaries server.
5) No more long text messages that you are not able to understand!
Voting 'No' because:
1) Admins can always use google translate + the majority of the languages is covered by admins.
2) Flooding the chat is never allowed, so this rule does not have any positive or negative influence on it.
3) Some local/cultural stuff is better suited in the mother tongue than in English. Next to that, not every message you post in all chat needs to concern just everyone.
4) The all chat is specialy there to reach certain individuals you want to talk to, but who are not your close friends. After all, those close friends are the ones you are most likely already with on discord/teamspeak.
5) The possibility of speaking in your own language is a fundamental right. Specialy seeing how this game has been developed by people with a Turkish nationality.
6) Some people might have difficulties with speaking english. This rule would prevent them from asking questions in the all chat in their own language, in case they need help with something.
Feel free to respond on this if you agree/disagree with anything that has been said. I will however not go into a discussion about this. This was just an outline of some of the consequences that either option might have.
Edited by Edric, 21 February 2021 - 13:32.