Photo

Server language policy

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Server language as english only (320 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the game servers enforce english as the publicly spoken language?

1. Yes (138 votes [43.12%])

Percentage of vote: 43.12%

2. No (182 votes [56.88%])

Percentage of vote: 56.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 195 posts
  • 29489 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 00:22

No. whats the point of this, if you hate other languages so much just press the mute all button. Makes it harder for someone who barely speaks English to make friends and join a clan and so what. And yes i'm the guy who presses mute all half the time i join the server because i focus on my k/d like a pro

If global chat is muted for you, then why get involved in this discussion to begin with?

lol

#42 BAD4SS

BAD4SS
  • 23 posts
  • 5424 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:41

Because nobody talks to him in-game.

#43 Zahu

Zahu
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 38 posts
  • 21277 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:49

whats the point in my irritation if i have to insult people in english instead of polish after i die
i vote no

#44 EnverPasa, Feodras

EnverPasa
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 34 posts
  • 5966 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:05

فقط تكلم اللغة الإرهابية

#45 AyCola40, Torrhen

AyCola40
  • Member of Dayne
  • 50 posts
  • 41553 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:15

This pole literally make no sense, if you don’t want to see other language, just don’t pay attention at the chat, simply as that lol, you even have a mute option on your warband setting, just mute the people you don’t want to hear I would say

Edited by AyCola40, 21 February 2021 - 10:24.

• Edric, Mr_THEJaManes and Dacket like this

#46 Sam Halal, BalamoryOG

Sam Halal
  • Member of Balamory
  • 17 posts
  • 24071 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:29

No. whats the point of this, if you hate other languages so much just press the mute all button. Makes it harder for someone who barely speaks English to make friends and join a clan and so what. And yes i'm the guy who presses mute all half the time i join the server because i focus on my k/d like a pro

How about a poll to see if anyone knows this shitter?

• Shorty likes this

#47 IG_Andrew, King Kong

IG_Andrew
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 412 posts
  • 26408 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:54

Not everyone is an english speaker, and I don't really see a problem with a chat filled with foreign language. Enforcing those types of rules would just make unpopular.

• Dacket likes this

#48 SwaP82

SwaP82
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 12 posts
  • 11124 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:10

je profite de pouvoir parler français

• AyCola40 likes this

#49 Pepsi

Pepsi
  • Member of Dayne
  • 88 posts
  • 34993 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:12

I’m English but voted no because not Everyone speaks English and if others want to use their own language then why not
  • SwaP82, asikkemirkhan and Dacket like this

#50 Jaeaf

Jaeaf
  • Member of TG
  • 39 posts
  • 13311 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:21

Then what's the meaning of the server's name being eu?

• Dacket likes this

#51 Mr_THEJaManes

Mr_THEJaManes
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 88 posts
  • 44286 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:22

That it is hosted in the Europe duuuh

#52 AyCola40, Torrhen

AyCola40
  • Member of Dayne
  • 50 posts
  • 41553 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:30

Then what's the meaning of the server's name being eu?

Lets rename it to EN then

#53 Aitorfema, Maquis of Kwazulu Natal

Aitorfema
  • Member of CI
  • 29 posts
  • 24946 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:33

This pole literally make no sense, if you don’t want to see other language, just don’t pay attention at the chat, simply as that lol, you even have a mute option on your warband setting, just mute the people you don’t want to hear I would say

Why should people waste round time muting 1 by 1 every non-english speaker spammer when you can just enforce em all to use a common language which 90% of mercs community understands. I mean, if it was a few occasional messages this wouldn't be a problem, but when joinning any server, chat seems a Zoom turkish class lol

#54 ananZ

ananZ
  • Member of TBA
  • 10 posts
  • 13314 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:59

Host regional servers then

#55 LoveDog

LoveDog
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 1 posts
  • 1926 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:06

it's crazy ! there's only on the native to see shit pools like that,since when we impose a language on someone? we are on a video game let people talk what they want.

#56 Specimen

Specimen
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 141 posts
  • 31002 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:11

I’m English but voted no because not Everyone speaks English and if others want to use their own language then why not

this

you shouldn't penalize more than half of the ACTIVE community because of your ignorant mind or inability to understand/speak other languages than english.

this is selfish, and kind of racist ngl.

just don't look at the chat and mute in 2 click the player who bothers you and he won't bother you anymore.

it's not because of your laziness to do so that you should force every other players to speak a language they might not even be able to speak.

it is EU, not EN after all.

EDIT : seeing as the poll is very tight right now, enforcing that rule would be unfair to half of the community so far.

Edited by Specimen, 21 February 2021 - 13:13.

• Mr_THEJaManes, Vanags, LuriLY and 1 other like this

#57 Metalist44

Metalist44
  • Member of Rodokistan
  • 5 posts
  • 26527 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:13

ban all turks

#58 EmreRe1z

EmreRe1z
  • Member of Serenity
  • 1 posts
  • 1653 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:23

Dilleri yasaklamaya hakkınız yok öyle bişede olmayacak hadi eywallah 

• Efrasiyab likes this

#59 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1221 posts
  • 22806 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:25

Claiming racism on a policy enforced equally towards all non-english languages. Nice.

Noones getting a warning for typing a sentence or two in their own language, but continuously typing in the chat in other languages might result in a (verbal) warning or a mute after ignoring those.

As I've pointed out here before, if you think this rule would be set up to punish you/people speaking your language, maybe think about what you're doing now and why it could be annoying to other players (or even admins that have to dig through your messages because of some report one of you made)

Edit: Also, this policy is by no means a first. Plenty like it are enforced in different communities.

Edited by Namakan, 21 February 2021 - 13:26.

#60 Edric

Edric
  • Member of Dayne
  • 762 posts
  • 73630 kills

Posted 21 February 2021 - 13:30

Public polls are always tricky, because people will easily vote 'yes' or 'no' without thinking twice. 

With this little post I try to bring out the essence of the two options and the consequence that either option might bring.

Voting 'Yes' because:

1) It makes the life of admins a bit easier. Long conversations in a foreign language full with insults that all have to be translated, won't be an issue anymore.

2) It will probably prevent certain individuals who tend to flood the chat to be able to do so. 

3) Everyone can listen in to any conversation thats being held on the all chat. No more secrets! 

4) You should have chats in your foreign language with people in steam or other chat providers. Not on the mercenaries server.

5) No more long text messages that you are not able to understand!

Voting 'No' because: 

1) Admins can always use google translate + the majority of the languages is covered by admins. 

2) Flooding the chat is never allowed, so this rule does not have any positive or negative influence on it.

3) Some local/cultural stuff is better suited in the mother tongue than in English. Next to that, not every message you post in all chat needs to concern just everyone. 

4) The all chat is specialy there to reach certain individuals you want to talk to, but who are not your close friends. After all, those close friends are the ones you are most likely already with on discord/teamspeak. 

5) The possibility of speaking in your own language is a fundamental right. Specialy seeing how this game has been developed by people with a Turkish nationality. 

6) Some people might have difficulties with speaking english. This rule would prevent them from asking questions in the all chat in their own language, in case they need help with something.

Feel free to respond on this if you agree/disagree with anything that has been said. I will however not go into a discussion about this. This was just an outline of some of the consequences that either option might have.

Edited by Edric, 21 February 2021 - 13:32.

• SwaP, Specimen, Mr_THEJaManes and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users