Photo
- - - - -

Only Melee Server?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Melee Server (79 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your opinion?

1. Yes. (50 votes [63.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.29%

2. No. (29 votes [36.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 lakardesmeraba

lakardesmeraba
  • Member of Invader
  • 11 posts
  • 432 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 22:10

I come across to this mod circa 2018 winter and back then, the eu 1 server including hh didnt have that much archer and cav. It's boring to get hs by players that I don't even know if they are cheating or not in a mod that I rarely enter to get some golds during pandemic. For this reason, if you open a server with no cav where only melee weapons can be used and also maps suitable for this can be played, it's would be good for the players who have the same thoughts as me.

Edited by lakardesmeraba, 11 January 2021 - 22:11.

#2 Pig, Earl of Bacon

Pig
  • Member of Folkesson
  • 511 posts
  • 73749 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 22:17

i voted with no. If there is an melee only server only super tryhards will join them and the already low number of players will split and makes even lesser fun than before. Yes the archer fest is annoying very often atm but without the freedom of choice and a second server mercs wont have much of a playerbase afterwards. It willcome to an end somedays but its not necessary to speed things up while many enjoy it for now.

• Purin, AyCola40, Speedyyyyyy and 3 others like this

#3 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 167 posts
  • 28028 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 22:23

I voted yes because the beautiful thing about opening a server like that is that no one MUST join it but everyone CAN. In other words, if people want it they’ll play, if not, it’ll just die.

Worth a shot imo, because feck archers
  • lakardesmeraba likes this

#4 lakardesmeraba

lakardesmeraba
  • Member of Invader
  • 11 posts
  • 432 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 22:39

i voted with no. If there is an melee only server only super tryhards will join them and the already low number of players will split and makes even lesser fun than before. Yes the archer fest is annoying very often atm but without the freedom of choice and a second server mercs wont have much of a playerbase afterwards. It willcome to an end somedays but its not necessary to speed things up while many enjoy it for now.

I can't see anyone enjoying it but the terminator archers. At least you can set an archer limit on the eu1(could be full day or in a period of time like hh) or can open an another server with an archer limitation.

#5 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1196 posts
  • 22800 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 22:41

people asked for this on crpg for years

then someone made it and it died within a week

xd

• Purin and Speedyyyyyy like this

#6 lakardesmeraba

lakardesmeraba
  • Member of Invader
  • 11 posts
  • 432 kills

Posted 11 January 2021 - 23:33

people asked for this on crpg for years

then someone made it and it died within a week

xd

It would be a mistake to compare Mercenaries with the crpg era because there is a player mass, population and newcomers difference every now and then and would be wrong support this thesis too as long as people are still attempt FT as infantry.

#7 Stronk

Stronk
  • Member of unknown
  • 242 posts
  • 5691 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:38

yeah nowadays its unplayable if the enemy team got 20archers of 30ppl lol

a class-cap would be awesome, but I doubt homasapiens will do sth

#8 knez

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3068 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:42

There has been an numerous petitions and almost a decade old constant rant and request for Homer to add class limit, at least on archer part and Homer made his mind about not changing it, nor forcing people to play a specific class. I am not saying adding a class limit is a bad idea, overall mercenaries experience would benefit greatly from it, but Homer refused to do so even when he was somewhat active and he is the only person who is able to make any kind of limitation to specific class.

On the part regarding new melee only server, I do not think its worth dividing the mercenaries player base even more as it is. Warband prime days are over even when bannerlord multilayer turned to be a total trash, which can be seen with huge lack of new players (even that in my eyes warband is superior compared to bannerlord in every way but graphics, but that could just be heavy nostalgia on my part as I started playing warband decade ago and haven't touched it for years). Mercenaries always had archer and cavalry problem. Almost whole team was made of cavalry during specific maps, and almost entirety of team was made archers during happy hour. So it is not a new problem, but an ongoing issue which will never be solved, as creating server to divide community even more would bring more issues than what it's worth.

#9 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8649 posts
  • 26591 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 13:10

Then again, people claim archer spam when there's five of thirty playing archers if they are any good.

On that note, you are free to host a server and disable ranged weapons and cavalry, but it won't get gold gain considering it requires Homers approval

#10 urbanitayen

urbanitayen
  • Member of AKP
  • 2 posts
  • 35 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 13:44

Then again, people claim archer spam when there's five of thirty playing archers if they are any good.

On that note, you are free to host a server and disable ranged weapons and cavalry, but it won't get gold gain considering it requires Homers approval

Having 30 archers on when the server 50 is enough to claim archer spam. Doesn't matter if they good or not.

#11 The_MoNsteR, AngryNerd

The_MoNsteR
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 599 posts
  • 22442 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 14:00

Ah this reminds me of 2014 threads  :rolleyes:

#12 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8649 posts
  • 26591 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 16:25

Having 30 archers on when the server 50 is enough to claim archer spam. Doesn't matter if they good or not.

Quite so, but to this date this hasn't been the case

#13 Vib, Ask Tjav

Vib
  • Member of Akai
  • 1191 posts
  • 49413 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 20:22

Quite so, but to this date this hasn't been the case

Ah but you forget about the glorious Akai days Sandorra.

Spoiler (Click to Show)

• Purin and Lord Gaius FatCat like this

#14 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 167 posts
  • 28028 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 21:27

Ah but you forget about the glorious Akai days Sandorra.

Spoiler (Click to Show)

BdGwL3J.png

Now that is interesting

Edited by Dekkers, 12 January 2021 - 21:27.

#15 Manfred, Glorious Looter

Manfred
  • Member of Balamory
  • 215 posts
  • 53221 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 21:41

BdGwL3J.png

Now that is interesting

You jelly dec ?

#16 Dekkers, Aka Big Dek

Dekkers
  • Member of AmoX
  • 167 posts
  • 28028 kills

Posted 12 January 2021 - 21:47

You jelly dec ?

Ye :(

#17 Wardo Flake, #Wardog

Wardo Flake
  • Member of Rodokistan
  • 73 posts
  • 10990 kills

Posted 14 January 2021 - 15:22

BdGwL3J.png

Now that is interesting

Hahahaha you fucking get caught Vibo

#18 Vib, Ask Tjav

Vib
  • Member of Akai
  • 1191 posts
  • 49413 kills

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:26

what can i say i really like squids

#19 Wardo Flake, #Wardog

Wardo Flake
  • Member of Rodokistan
  • 73 posts
  • 10990 kills

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:56

I sense tentacle hentai

#20 Wulfric

Wulfric
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 175 posts
  • 21234 kills

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:46

Apart from the good points made regarding the division of the player base, there is also the problem of balance; namely, its potential of rendering cavalry too powerful due to it getting to have virtually unlimited freedom of movement around the battlefield, rendering the outcome of the battle dependent mostly -perhaps entirely- on which side has the better cavalry for the side with superior cavalry would be able to simply surround the enemy with no risk, as opposed to risking getting shot by archers as is currently the case. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users