Malware detected upon running installer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SirBait, From the 1430s

SirBait
  • 12 posts
  • 8072 kills

Posted 17 October 2020 - 15:50

Hi, I'm a returning player and I wanted to start playing again so I had to redownload the module. Has anyone had issue with this installer having malware detected by antivirus/antimalware software, in my case AVG? Is there a way around this somewhere or an installer that isn't flagged as infected?

#2 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1137 posts
  • 22760 kills

Posted 17 October 2020 - 15:55

Hi, I'm a returning player and I wanted to start playing again so I had to redownload the module. Has anyone had issue with this installer having malware detected by antivirus/antimalware software, in my case AVG? Is there a way around this somewhere or an installer that isn't flagged as infected?

you can open the installer with 7zip which makes it look like a zip file.

Find your warband installation folder and drag the Modules folder in the "zip" file into it (or go into the modules folder in both installation directory and "zip" file and drag the Mercenaries folder in the "zip" file into the warband Modules folder)

#3 SirBait, From the 1430s

SirBait
  • 12 posts
  • 8072 kills

Posted 17 October 2020 - 15:58

you can open the installer with 7zip which makes it look like a zip file.

Find your warband installation folder and drag the Modules folder in the "zip" file into it (or go into the modules folder in both installation directory and "zip" file and drag the Mercenaries folder in the "zip" file into the warband Modules folder)

Many thanks, I shall try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users