• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8572 posts
  • 26572 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 15:37

Alright you lot, you asked and we deliver.

A weekend Cup will be hosted on 31.10.2020 at 15.00 UTC (https://time.is/UTC) on Unknown server.

Prior to event, we will be taking in signups.
-The matches will be 6v6, with free teams
-Depending on the amount of teams will be played as best of three or best of five.
-No side swaps to keep it simple.
-The event is elimination, winners proceed to the next opponent, losers drop out. Exception on semifinals to determine 3rd and 4th place
-Characters can be swapped between matches, but not during. Every team gets at most one reset during the event.
-No horse archers this time, everything else is fine.

Entry fee of 5k per team, total pot will be divided to the top 3. 15% to 3rd place, 30% to 2nd place, 55% to 1st place. Entry fees and donations should be sent to Event-Bank
  • EirikRaude, Purin, Manfred and 4 others like this

#2 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8572 posts
  • 26572 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 15:38

Rosters go here

#3 Mr_THEJaManes

Mr_THEJaManes
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 68 posts
  • 42351 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 15:44

Rosters go brrrt

#4 Manfred, Pakistani Prince

Manfred
  • Member of Undaunted
  • 189 posts
  • 49340 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 16:05

sweet

#5 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1273 posts
  • 73131 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 16:14

I must say, this is without a doubt the worst event ever, I mean you're basically banning me from playing by making it a no HA event. How will I cope? I will have to disappear back into mercs retirement again.......

#6 BulaDD, herf

BulaDD
  • Member of Undaunted
  • 150 posts
  • 50060 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 16:20

they've said nothing about horse throwers man, keep that in mind

#7 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1137 posts
  • 22760 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 17:40

rules subject to change x)

#8 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8572 posts
  • 26572 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 19:15

Alternative is to allow people to change classes mid-match when someone eventually pulls full HA stack, but I reckon that would cause unnecessary delays. The whole idea is to have the whole event be done over the weekend.

#9 Uchiha_Madara, Querion

Uchiha_Madara
  • Member of Folkesson
  • 348 posts
  • 23626 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 20:56

Erm, matches should be 8v8 tbh, and is the first 4 team sign up or 4 captains choose their team from a pool of players?

#10 ONeil

ONeil
  • 164 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 06 October 2020 - 23:01

6v6 nice i likeeee

Rules are a bit unclear and no sideswaps is dumb and doesnt work, try best of 3 each side though if u want it to go fast

Edited by ONeil, 07 October 2020 - 11:20.

#11 knez

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3027 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:00

You sons of bitches are too lazy to organize anything, but when someone else does something you are going ape shit because event is not what you want it to be. Pieces of trash you don't deserve anything.
  • Kerox likes this

#12 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1091 posts
  • 26448 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:48

Why is it called weekend cup when the entire thing is being played out on a single day? Shouldn't it be called saturday cup? Hmmmm

#13 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 345 posts
  • 11734 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:17

Good idea to capitalize on the recent peak of activity, cheers for the time & effort Sando

Must say though, I agree a larger and clearer rule-set would probably help tremendously. If you cba making one of your own, you can probably ask the owners of past tournaments if you can steal part of theirs, I know I wouldn't mind. And if you ever need help with anything, I'd be more than happy to give you a hand so don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Edited by Tardet, 07 October 2020 - 11:17.

#14 ONeil

ONeil
  • 164 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:19

You sons of bitches are too lazy to organize anything, but when someone else does something you are going ape shit because event is not what you want it to be. Pieces of trash you don't deserve anything.

I couldve put my criticism nicer, and infact i will edit my post to put it nicer.

But as someone who just sits on the forums and never actually plays the tournies that are hosted, you should shut the fuck up :D

Edited by ONeil, 07 October 2020 - 14:50.

• Tatsumi, Uchiha_Madara, Manfred and 1 other like this

#15 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8572 posts
  • 26572 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:35

Erm, matches should be 8v8 tbh, and is the first 4 team sign up or 4 captains choose their team from a pool of players?

I considered between 8v8 and 6v6, but decided that we are likely to get more teams with smaller playercount.
I think you have misunderstood something, there isn't a set number of teams that can participate.

6v6 nice i likeeee

Rules are a bit unclear and no sideswaps is dumb and doesnt work, try best of 3 each side though if u want it to go fast

Good idea to capitalize on the recent peak of activity, cheers for the time & effort Sando

Must say though, I agree a larger and clearer rule-set would probably help tremendously. If you cba making one of your own, you can probably ask the owners of past tournaments if you can steal part of theirs, I know I wouldn't mind. And if you ever need help with anything, I'd be more than happy to give you a hand so don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Intention is to use a map that offwrs no advantage on either side, like Arena or Winterburg, but as this seems largely opposed, we are discussing changing that part.
Could you elaborate on how the rules are unclear? Battle settings aren't stated, but they will follow the regular settings what comes to flags and such.

Why is it called weekend cup when the entire thing is being played out on a single day? Shouldn't it be called saturday cup? Hmmmm

It's weekend cup because semifinals/finals or other matches may be postponed to sunday should we run out of reasonable time at saturday
  • Uchiha_Madara likes this

#16 Solda, 514314.132123486174

Solda
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2566 posts
  • 14203 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:50

is this serious

• Tomkin18 likes this

#17 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 345 posts
  • 11734 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 13:17

@Sandorra

It really depends what you want to do with that weekend cup tbh. If it's just a chill event to pass time then you can probably keep things that way but if you intend to make it as competitive as possible, than a larger rule-set covering the most important points about the tournament will help you dealing with potential issues once you run into them.

If you trust your capacity to use common sense once having to deal with any given situation, that can work too. From my experience, the more detailed and coherent your overall ruleset is, the easier it is for people to know what they are signing-up for and for you to have a back-up to look up to if people complain about the unfairness of your decisions.

Maybe I am just overcomplicating the whole process and it's not needed for such a 'small' scale event

Edited by Tardet, 07 October 2020 - 13:18.

• BulaDD likes this

#18 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Folkesson
  • 653 posts
  • 33110 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 14:34

Yah I mean, it's fine like it is, it's a smaller event and I love it. Thanks Sandorra.
If any arguments/discussions, Sandorra could just say "my event my rules, I decide" and that would be the end of it or they get disqualified. :)

#19 ONeil

ONeil
  • 164 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 14:54

I get it if ur using arena or winterberg, but that would make the tournament really stale after just playing 1 match. BO3 2 maps will go quicker than you think

• Tardet likes this

#20 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1091 posts
  • 26448 kills

Posted 07 October 2020 - 17:50

is this serious

dead serious

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tatsumi, CPAKA