• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 AzoreKK, naura

AzoreKK
  • Member of Akritai
  • 422 posts
  • 23458 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:05

Hi lads, i can see there is alot of players who's still playing merc. but mercs started to being bored for many players because we have no tournaments at all. What do u think about next fantasy league or maybe clan league hosted my myself or some1 else?

link to strawpoll https://www.strawpoll.me/19395487

Edited by AzoreKK, 15 February 2020 - 15:43.

• EirikRaude, Namakan, Purin and 5 others like this

#2 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1348 posts
  • 24402 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:23

dont think we have enough clans for a clan league, but I could see a fantasy league taking off as there are still many people around that are now playing solo/with only a few people.

• HoaxFactor likes this

#3 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt √Čire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 2478 posts
  • 30987 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:26

I reckon the lack of updates has caused the player base to decline, not so much the lack of competitive tournaments. 

#4 Ianitori1, it's an I not a L

Ianitori1
  • Member of MF
  • 8 posts
  • 18194 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 13:35

Imagine being a member of fratres xaxa dead clan

#5 wrau, ParaLaxa, SePukPuk, PoliChlorek, Yokel, Amarylis

wrau
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 74 posts
  • 43359 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 15:12

Lets make some ft7 turnament (16 or 32 players, 2h 1h or dagger) merc is still alive.

#6 AzoreKK, naura

AzoreKK
  • Member of Akritai
  • 422 posts
  • 23458 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 15:44

there is link to the poll about tournament format https://www.strawpoll.me/19395487

Edited by AzoreKK, 15 February 2020 - 15:51.

#7 LeBron, hate__everyone

LeBron
  • Member of ABOBA
  • 25 posts
  • 31029 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 15:54

This tournament will be one of the reasons for the growth of online in mercenaries and many ppl will be interested.
But on the other hand, WNL8 is currently running and you should decide when to hold the tournament: now or after WNL.

#8 AzoreKK, naura

AzoreKK
  • Member of Akritai
  • 422 posts
  • 23458 kills

Posted 15 February 2020 - 16:12

I want to start signups after wnl league stage (middle march) 

#9 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt √Čire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 2478 posts
  • 30987 kills

Posted 16 February 2020 - 23:29

Bannerlord Early Access comes out in March so you have to think about that too.

#10 iScream, Zilean

iScream
  • Member of 2qL4U
  • 1623 posts
  • 45205 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:10

Fuck that cottonpicker game

#11 Varadin

Varadin
  • Member of AmoX
  • 568 posts
  • 50395 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:16

Yeah be carefull for mid march cos of bannerlord, loads of ppl will go there for sure.

I am up for fantasy league , although its unbalanced but its fun when picking players :D

#12 Boheminator, Memento mori

Boheminator
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 5 posts
  • 18385 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 13:09

" 4. Will modding tools be made available prior to release and/or as part of an early access?

Not decided. "

https://www.taleworl...nerlord/Blog/26

We even dont know if there will be all modding tools on early access, + some time for modders to create something. So merc will not die instantly.

#13 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1348 posts
  • 24402 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 15:53

we don't, but you definitely shouldn't wait with this until WNL is over.

#14 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8775 posts
  • 26804 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 19:33

There's always one or more tournaments running in Native, if you wait for one to end, a mext one is already starting
  • Zahu and Tardet like this

#15 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • 392 posts
  • 12197 kills

Posted 17 February 2020 - 21:32

I feel it's also because Azo is active in the WNL himself, so would be a lot of players partaking in this tournament if it was to happen. Lately it feels like both the mercs and native community have a common poll of players active on both modules so I am not sure what would happen if two tournaments were hosted at the same time. A lot of people would probably want to play mercs tournament but without letting their native team down mid-way.

One way to resolve this would be to use around three weeks from now on to gather interest, set-up the foundations of the tournament, get a proper thread / admin team, and start the tournament around early march. That way when it does go live, playoffs for WNL divisions will have started which means a majority of the players on both modules would have one to two weeks max having to play an official in each tournament. Not optimal but doable. 

• theon104 likes this

#16 AzoreKK, naura

AzoreKK
  • Member of Akritai
  • 422 posts
  • 23458 kills

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:36

There's always one or more tournaments running in Native, if you wait for one to end, a mext one is already starting

No, there is always a break between tournaments on native.

Bannerlord Early Access comes out in March so you have to think about that too.

There will be only official servers for sure. This meant that, people can play only on battle, siege etc. Bannerlord will get more interest after official game release imo.

I feel it's also because Azo is active in the WNL himself, so would be a lot of players partaking in this tournament if it was to happen. Lately it feels like both the mercs and native community have a common poll of players active on both modules so I am not sure what would happen if two tournaments were hosted at the same time. A lot of people would probably want to play mercs tournament but without letting their native team down mid-way.

One way to resolve this would be to use around three weeks from now on to gather interest, set-up the foundations of the tournament, get a proper thread / admin team, and start the tournament around early march. That way when it does go live, playoffs for WNL divisions will have started which means a majority of the players on both modules would have one to two weeks max having to play an official in each tournament. Not optimal but doable. 

I want to start signups after league stage, maybe one week later cuz there will be only 3-4 weeks left to finish wnl if im not wrong. Im thinking about 2 weeks for signups, to start merc tournament right after wnl finals.

Edited by AzoreKK, 18 February 2020 - 04:44.

#17 Zahu

Zahu
  • Member of Dreki
  • 63 posts
  • 22792 kills

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:03

what about making something different. like siege tournament for example

competetive players try harding in siege would be nice to take a look at, but to bring em for something new you would have to pull a big prize out of your pocket

if anything it couldnt be more than 16v16 or either 12v12 + with pre-signed teams like in wnl so they wont be able to call more and more better players into their teams

has anything like siege tournament ever happened btw?

#18 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1348 posts
  • 24402 kills

Posted 29 February 2020 - 14:32

low pop siege is often imbalanced in favor of attackers, especially if they know what theyre doing. might be worth making it a one time even and inviting multiple clans tho.

#19 fekira_ononimbi, [RH]

fekira_ononimbi
  • Member of Alliance
  • 71 posts
  • 28058 kills

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:57

So what about the next tournament? I probably can't wait for it to start.

#20 Apollo, Twitch.tv./scousecon

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 1021 posts
  • 42121 kills

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:04

If you wait for WNL to end you might aswell host it on Bannerlord. If you make a proper prizepool i.e 10k per entry (clan) in or something and don't do silly rules Genesis would play. 

Edited by Apollo, 11 March 2020 - 11:04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users