• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#21 Teyrn, It’s not a coincidence. There’s fuckery afoot

Teyrn
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1138 posts
  • 10695 kills

Posted 06 February 2020 - 22:59

So basically what you are doing here is asking clans to just stack one team while other team is mostly new/clanless players and possibly some riff raff clans mixed in with them. What's going to happen is that green will become the new red because most of people who actually know how to play the game will join green, together with the players who want to earn as much gold as possible (by winning the rounds), which is like 90% of this community. I really dont understand where you see even teams in this situation. 

If there was a mechanic that doesnt allow the player to pick a team and instead randomly chooses a team for him then yes I can see the balance, but not like this.

Edited by Teyrn, 06 February 2020 - 23:01.

• Pig likes this

#22 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8466 posts
  • 26503 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:21

I'll instruct Korpi to choose Spectator
  • Solda, Edric, Speedyyyyyy and 1 other like this

#23 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 644 posts
  • 29475 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:43

Join red Teyrn, we don't need you anyways :)

#24 Aristotel, Semen Philosopher

Aristotel
  • 1481 posts
  • 31336 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:31

He has a point though. Back in the day Greenwood was kicking ass whole time because Crusade, OT, BG, SB and other strong active clans played for it all the time. That trend turned to Redstone and if you ask people to play for Greenwood you'll just change the trend back, but the problem will stay.

• Mr_THEJaManes likes this

#25 Teyrn, It’s not a coincidence. There’s fuckery afoot

Teyrn
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1138 posts
  • 10695 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:38

Join red Teyrn, we don't need you anyways :)

mate i dont even play the game anymore :3

and back when i did, i was joining green like 50% of the time

#26 BulaDD, herf

BulaDD
  • Member of Tempest
  • 145 posts
  • 47017 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:57

Just make the first round gates weak again as it was an see how redstone falls

#27 Matrona, Spears are better than swords.

Matrona
  • Member of Arborea
  • 583 posts
  • 51212 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:07

Like if you are in Greenwood squad!! O/

#28 Zahu

Zahu
  • Member of Dragon
  • 33 posts
  • 17912 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:56

i suppose you havent asked people that
become captains frequently
green could actually enjoy decision they made if they would get free money for squad assists

#29 Tjav, Angron

Tjav
  • Member of Folly
  • 1928 posts
  • 35636 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:19

Yah those weeks it were much more even. And did it result in greenwood being permanently stacked? Nope. Autoclick to red mentality is too strong for that. 
This is not RC btw, I will not accept people into Norsemen that k/d whores and keeps joining red. Tamas thought differently, but he's not here now.

A tip Tjav, don't work against something that might change the mod for the better. Idc if your whole team goes red, do whatever you want. We've got 8 other clans willing to make a difference.

working against would sound an awful lot like effort, and most people know i really do not like doing an effort, however i will just point out, as so many others have, that if all big / active clans with decent members starts stacking another team, then the problem will just be reversed, the majority of people will always try and join the team most likely to succeed, therefor if you do manage to shift the balance of power, very soon we will end up with the same problem in reverse.

but then again this is why i very rarely play HH and instead play battle

#30 iScream, Zilean

iScream
  • Member of Tempest
  • 1605 posts
  • 42260 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:02

Exactly what baldie above said i dont know why u guys keep bitching about siege if yoz are that annoyed by it just start playing battle again with some good players you can decide rounds easily on battle
  • Sf and Gasconade like this

#31 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 644 posts
  • 29475 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:17

He has a point though. Back in the day Greenwood was kicking ass whole time because Crusade, OT, BG, SB and other strong active clans played for it all the time. That trend turned to Redstone and if you ask people to play for Greenwood you'll just change the trend back, but the problem will stay.

Back in the day doors were broken after two hits with a wooden sword (first round), that's why they stacked greenwood like crazy. 
Seems like no one reads what I'm writing. I said I will continue this just long enough so that people get confused as to which team to join. And having the archer k/d whores join green won't happen, so that'll help a lot. And it can't get worse than what already is so why bother whining about my efforts.

i suppose you havent asked people that
become captains frequently
green could actually enjoy decision they made if they would get free money for squad assists

Yah, give me names and I'll definitely talk to them.

working against would sound an awful lot like effort, and most people know i really do not like doing an effort, however i will just point out, as so many others have, that if all big / active clans with decent members starts stacking another team, then the problem will just be reversed, the majority of people will always try and join the team most likely to succeed, therefor if you do manage to shift the balance of power, very soon we will end up with the same problem in reverse.

but then again this is why i very rarely play HH and instead play battle

Read what I wrote to Aristotel and tbh what I wrote earlier. If it can't get worse, but has a chance of getting better, why resist?

Exactly what baldie above said i dont know why u guys keep bitching about siege if yoz are that annoyed by it just start playing battle again with some good players you can decide rounds easily on battle

The hour before HH + HH is siege time, that won't change. I actually enjoy siege more than battle when relatively even teams are playing. 

#32 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8466 posts
  • 26503 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:23

You scrublets don't even remember the time when nobody played siege and it was Korpi who got people to play there

#33 Aristotel, Semen Philosopher

Aristotel
  • 1481 posts
  • 31336 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:51

You scrublets don't even remember the time when nobody played siege and it was Korpi who got people to play there

In that case, fuck Korpi for making that abomination of a game mode popular  :angry:

• Zahu likes this

#34 BulaDD, herf

BulaDD
  • Member of Tempest
  • 145 posts
  • 47017 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:02

In that case, fuck Korpi for making that abomination of a game mode popular  :angry:

There are 5 things I dislike in siege, 4 of which have xbows and folly banner and the other one is autobalance, so don't call it an abomination my friend!

Edited by BulaDD, 07 February 2020 - 11:03.

#35 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 1087 posts
  • 26233 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:04

Why do you still expect a casual server to have a competetive mindset. What you're asking for will not happen even if you do another 10 posts like this.
  • Rangah likes this

#36 Solda, 514314.132123486174

Solda
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2540 posts
  • 13839 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:12

where's korpi? I always join green and my clan doesnt even get added... Come on...

#37 Kloney, Voted best admin and most humble guy 2018

Kloney
  • Member of Sanguine
  • 751 posts
  • 35619 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:18

Or you know, just don't play siege

• Rangah, Purin and Aristotel like this

#38 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 644 posts
  • 29475 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:19

Why do you still expect a casual server to have a competetive mindset. What you're asking for will not happen even if you do another 10 posts like this.

You'll eat your words, watch it happen.

#39 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 1087 posts
  • 26233 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:27

the second this actually starts working all casuals will join red too since it's the winning team and you have the same problem. Watch it happen.

#40 Teyrn, It’s not a coincidence. There’s fuckery afoot

Teyrn
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1138 posts
  • 10695 kills

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:40

Back in the day doors were broken after two hits with a wooden sword (first round), that's why they stacked greenwood like crazy. 
Seems like no one reads what I'm writing. I said I will continue this just long enough so that people get confused as to which team to join. And having the archer k/d whores join green won't happen, so that'll help a lot. And it can't get worse than what already is so why bother whining about my efforts.

Yah, give me names and I'll definitely talk to them.

Read what I wrote to Aristotel and tbh what I wrote earlier. If it can't get worse, but has a chance of getting better, why resist?

The hour before HH + HH is siege time, that won't change. I actually enjoy siege more than battle when relatively even teams are playing.

so according to you 3-4 kd whore archers = 8 clans? Riiiiight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users