Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Mercs Revival

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Mercenaries revival (289 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you go back to playing mercs, if it was given an update?

1. Yes (260 votes [89.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.97%

2. No (29 votes [10.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Shark_SQ

Shark_SQ
  • Member of Genesis
  • 5 posts
  • 3713 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:56

If you really dislike champions why don't you just play mercs instead? 10 people out of 2000+ activated accounts doesn't matter.

#42 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 349 posts
  • 57982 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:23

If you really dislike champions why don't you just play mercs instead? 10 people out of 2000+ activated accounts doesn't matter.

Firstly, Warband doesnt have 2000 players as a whole and most of those accounts were created to rig a lottery. Secondly, having Apollo's hand up your ass doesnt mean you need to talk for him like a ventriloquist puppet. And last of all, everything you say is counter productive to Champions success because most of us would wish total doom on any mod that has you as a mouthpiece. 

• Teoiss, Aristotel, Barks and 1 other like this

#43 Leonidas

Leonidas
  • Member of Crude
  • 1 posts
  • 32615 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:23

Should the question not be  "should we switch back to mercs?"  yes or no, given that an update is so unlikely.

#44 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of PSW
  • 336 posts
  • 11257 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:32

Firstly, Warband doesnt have 2000 players as a whole and most of those accounts were created to rig a lottery. Secondly, having Apollo's hand up your ass doesnt mean you need to talk for him like a ventriloquist puppet. And last of all, everything you say is counter productive to Champions success because most of us would wish total doom on any mod that has you as a mouthpiece. 

I get your point of 'there is no 2000 active players on Champions', if that's what you meant, that's quite obvious. However Warband as a whole has waaaay more than an average of 2000 daily active players (on multi). 

Edited by Tardet, 26 July 2019 - 13:32.

#45 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1048 posts
  • 25111 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:33

Has there been a response from homer regarding an update or are we just hoping that champions release will make him update it in order to get the players back?

#46 mihsa

mihsa
  • 17 posts
  • 14236 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:43

For me, the administration at mers is too arrogant. I was forbidden to play due to the use of cheats. Although I did everything that the administration requested. (They asked to send only 1 screenshot). I offered them a lot of things to prove that I do not use otherworldly programs. Although Sandorra said that nothing is needed, and if that he writes. He did not write me anything and none of the admins. I still started streaming. (I streamed my game 1.5 months before the ban). And after I tried to prove by any means that I did not use cheats, they banned me. And after that they say "write in 6 months we will discuss." Fuck, what 6 months if a person tried to do everything to prove his innocence.

#47 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2407 posts
  • 79383 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 15:38

Has there been a response from homer regarding an update or are we just hoping that champions release will make him update it in order to get the players back?

I reckon today or tomorrow he will most likely give more details to us, at the moment we're waiting on him to give his opinion on the items we have in mind

• Matt_ likes this

#48 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1048 posts
  • 25111 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:15

instead of new items maybe add something completly new? perhabs adding a level system like the one champions had would be cool. I like something that you can grind for.

• Tomkin18 and Tardet like this

#49 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8251 posts
  • 26469 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:24

I haven't familiarized myself with champions' level system. How does one gain levels/what do said levels do? Albeit I don't play actively any longer, I still do not think a leveling system that gives you advantage over other players is something we want in Mercenaries. Lack of one has been one of the trump cards of the module since the start, afterall

#50 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1048 posts
  • 25111 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:27

you gain exp after every round. kills, assist, dismounts raising flag increases the amount. level then also unlock custom titles for your account and give the player a little amount of gold as reward. Theres no actual advantage for being a higher level.

their current level system is bad imo but the idea is neat and can surely be improved.

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Edited by Sf, 26 July 2019 - 20:18.

#51 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2407 posts
  • 79383 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:29

I wouldn't start waiting on feature updates just yet. For now, settle with items, maps and perhaps some balance changes. We will bring it up though

#52 Darius, i want someone to churn butter in my ass

Darius
  • 280 posts
  • 32587 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:36

can we introduce a roleplay server

• Theowl likes this

#53 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 968 posts
  • 21938 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:43

I wouldn't start waiting on feature updates just yet. For now, settle with items, maps and perhaps some balance changes. We will bring it up though

This. There will be more public info when things are ready, but you need to be aware that Homer most likely won't have the time to implement completly new features. We'll see what's possible.

#54 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1048 posts
  • 25111 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:50

give krex the power to add stuff into the mod and mod will be great again

#55 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1254 posts
  • 70264 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 18:44

thanks to everyone that came on battle for HH today, only about 20 of us but really fun

• xXcoldninjaXx likes this

#56 Salo

Salo
  • Member of Tehlrog
  • 12 posts
  • 1617 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 18:57

thanks to everyone that came on battle for HH today, only about 20 of us but really fun

Didnt even see this thread till now, i just saw active players and hopped in. I have nothing against champs, i commend their effort on making a new mod but i hope it doesnt end up seperating the community, killing off both mods. 

#57 Rey_, I WILL BE HOKAGE

Rey_
  • Member of NO_HOMO
  • 245 posts
  • 25248 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 19:07

i hope it doesnt end up seperating the community, killing off both mods. 

I feel like this has started to set off from the moment that topic on forums, that I didn't even get to read properly, got deleted :(

Not to say that I dislike mercs, but I really hope that Champions will rapidly improve on the quality and different other aspects and between the two gets to be populated mod.

#58 Dusttt

Dusttt
  • Member of Heathen
  • 78 posts
  • 10176 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 19:08

Should the question not be  "should we switch back to mercs?"  yes or no, given that an update is so unlikely.

+1

#59 Ciiges, sklej pizde

Ciiges
  • Member of Dayne
  • 336 posts
  • 9566 kills

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:37

Misha wtf u chatting arrogant??? You were caught using cheats, stop feeling sorry for yourself lmao
  • AyCola40 likes this

#60 mihsa

mihsa
  • 17 posts
  • 14236 kills

Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:24

Misha wtf u chatting arrogant??? You were caught using cheats, stop feeling sorry for yourself lmao

Was caught using cheats? It is interesting how if admins make a cheat player output or not using the gif video method. And all the evidence you are throwing is a gif video. Now fucking explain how you decided that I supposedly used cheats, proving it with cheats?!
And so that I could get these video proofs, I have to beg the admins. They stuck them somewhere and it is difficult for them to look for them.
Or fucking write that the evidence in cheating was also taken from the twitch channel.

Edited by mihsa, 27 July 2019 - 11:32.

• SerGregor01 and RAPT0R like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users