Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Mercs Revival

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Mercenaries revival (298 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you go back to playing mercs, if it was given an update?

1. Yes (269 votes [90.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.27%

2. No (29 votes [9.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Elendir, Nickname of Nickname: Elly

Elendir
  • Member of Akai
  • 365 posts
  • 25702 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:19

wait, is this actually a thing? and Sabo didnt do anything towards Apollo? fuck that is even more spastic than i would ever have imagined, and Apollo being an admin in the first place is kinda wonky aswell, that is just mind numbing

We made a Thread on the Champions Forum where we complaint alot about the Admin Team showing unprofessional behavior. We criticised alot of points and pointed out what should be changed in the behavior of individual admins (apollo and walex).

The thing is the m&b community is banter all the way but if we talk about the future of a mod we should lay down the jokes and be serious about it:

- banning someone because they annoyed an admin but didnt break a rule (Apollo)

- misusing admin broadcast messages to joke about banning someone for looting a legendary item (Apollo)

- No policy how the consequences are for breaking a ruel -> admins banned for how long they liked or muted someone -> basically abuse was inevitable (Apollo and more)

- the scamming case (it was Walex not Apollo)

We listed alot of points and tried to make them understand that they are killing the mod with it. What was the reaction? Apollo didnt try to understand anything and his reaction was as arrogant as seen a few post above. People like Apollo are clearly not suited for being an admin.

So what happened to our Thread where we pointed some grave problems with the mod? Yeah.. it got deleted, because we criticised it. I hope you are really proud of your work Apollo, Headadmin of Idiotism.

• Trace_Legacy, Scotshroom, Theowl and 5 others like this

#22 Apollo, Twitch.Tv./ApolloMBW

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 966 posts
  • 40814 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:21

- misusing admin broadcast messages to joke about banning someone for looting a legendary item (Apollo)
So what happened to our Thread where we pointed some grave problems with the mod? Yeah.. it got deleted, because we criticised it. I hope you are really proud of your work Apollo, Headadmin of Idiotism.

That was also Walex :)

I also banned the guy for running into my duel a few times, after getting told not do it. Then tried to do it after a few times was then temp-banned for 20 minutes. I've been banned for less on mercs, the guy also had 3 warnings so imo I gave him the less lengthy sentence opposed to the whole day.

And Sabo deleted the thread. Anything else? Like, you can make up or try to blame me for whatever you want but atleast make it truth and not lies.

Edited by Apollo, 25 July 2019 - 18:23.

#23 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1260 posts
  • 72114 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:21

Walex scammed not me lol, Walex will also be removed as admin more than likely something that I voted on and tried to make go through even though he is a friend, member of genesis and admin. You can think im biased all you want, but I have not lied about anything and trying to be as serious and non-biased as possible.. I don't really understand your hate but good luck with that stuff mate.

Love you all, see you on Champions! - https://www.mb-champ....com/?invite=33

not sure if that's true tho considering we tried several times to address it and anything we said got removed from the forums. 

• Theowl likes this

#24 Elendir, Nickname of Nickname: Elly

Elendir
  • Member of Akai
  • 365 posts
  • 25702 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:22

That was also Walex :)

And Sabo deleted the thread. Anything else? Like, you can make up or try to blame me for whatever you want but atleast make it truth and not lies.

wonder who made him delete the thread when we clearly were arguing against you.

I didnt really care alot what people had against you as a person before, but after seeing this unfair treatment of a group of members of a community I call bullshit on you.

Edited by Elendir, 25 July 2019 - 18:24.

• Theowl likes this

#25 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 1068 posts
  • 26221 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:34

champions admin team isn't great. neither is mercs. champion is dying due to the lack of actual updates that fix and add stuff

it kinda has his time atm so unless sabo actually pushes it further and establishes a proper playerbase people will go back to mercs once there's a proper update

Edited by Sf, 25 July 2019 - 18:34.

• TeddyTin likes this

#26 Matrona, Spears are better than swords.

Matrona
  • Member of Arborea
  • 581 posts
  • 50959 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 19:43

Can we just all get on Mercs HH tomorrow instead of Champions?

Yes

#27 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1260 posts
  • 72114 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 22:03

ca6e36a9e683d6c914f615d95812f9c3.png

fug

• Gibby Jr, Elendir and Tomkin18 like this

#28 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 355 posts
  • 59468 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 22:23

Well as of the time of writing. 65 people want to go back to mercs in the event of an update and 7 want to stay on champions. 2 of those 7 are admins, 1 is the developer, 3 are completely inactive either way.

#29 Angar, Guard-> Angar ★★★

Angar
  • Member of Guard
  • 45 posts
  • 40708 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 23:06

We made a Thread on the Champions Forum where we complaint alot about the Admin Team showing unprofessional behavior. We criticised alot of points and pointed out what should be changed in the behavior of individual admins (apollo and walex).

The thing is the m&b community is banter all the way but if we talk about the future of a mod we should lay down the jokes and be serious about it:

- banning someone because they annoyed an admin but didnt break a rule (Apollo)

- No policy how the consequences are for breaking a ruel -> admins banned for how long they liked or muted someone -> basically abuse was inevitable (Apollo and more)

- the scamming case (it was Walex not Apollo)

We listed alot of points and tried to make them understand that they are killing the mod with it. What was the reaction? Apollo didnt try to understand anything and his reaction was as arrogant as seen a few post above. People like Apollo are clearly not suited for being an admin.

I've seen admins delaying a round by kiting people as horsearcher even though its their own ruleset that says it is absolutely not allowed and counts as rulebreak. Nice team we are forced to rely on in bad times

''(4) Delaying a round on purpose is not allowed.''

I don't know how they chose the admins but there was definitely no qualification to be absolved in that case. Champions is predistinated to die with the current executives.

• Elendir and LuriLY like this

#30 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3413 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:48

Sounds like a pile of horseshit to be honest, community and admins on merc have not always seen eye to eye yes but they would never be allowed to get away with abuse

#31 Lixoyleave, The Workers and Peasants Red Army (RKKA)

Lixoyleave
  • Member of rkka
  • 20 posts
  • 19286 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:18

I understand the votes of the admins of the new mod can be ignored

#32 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of Arborea
  • 340 posts
  • 11285 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:06

Such impressive numbers guys, surely Champions will be dead today and Mercs servers full right?

Hint (Click to Show)

Edited by Tardet, 26 July 2019 - 08:06.

#33 Uchiha_Madara, Querion

Uchiha_Madara
  • Member of Undaunted
  • 325 posts
  • 19173 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:14

Such impressive numbers guys, surely Champions will be dead today and Mercs servers full right?

Hint (Click to Show)

Meh, the champions population right now is already dying after 1 week.  We'll see at HH.

#34 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of Arborea
  • 340 posts
  • 11285 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:51

I wouldn't exactly call having 70-80 players during HH 'dying'. Sure, Champions is now around two weeks old so you can argue it is past its honey moon' period. This means a lot of players who were really enthusiastic at the beginning have started to lose interest and an important part of the current player base also seem to be keen in jumping ships again whenever they can. But that doesn't necessarily mean the mod is going to die anytime soon. The player base could totally stabilize itself around the same numbers Mercenaries was reaching before Champion's release and I am pretty sure most people would be fine with that. 

I understand the concerns some people have shared with the Champions admin team and how certain touchy subjects were handled. I believe this can be improved upon but I can't blame the people who do not believe in said improvements if the same admins are kept at their positions (which will be the case btw, lets not be delusional). The fact for instance, that it's taking so long for the admin team to make a decision about Walex and carry on with an appropriate punishment is a tad concerning and even though I talked to Apollo about it and understand things from his perspective, it's certainly not helping calming down the critics about said issue. There are other issues with Champions atm obviously but it seems where most people have found a common ground to complain about is in regards to the admin team. 

However, there is also a lot of hypocrisy coming from certain people who simply have a hard time accepting the fact that they don't possess the same privileges they did on Mercenaries, have to farm their ways back to a proper gear, have lost a lot of their 'influence' and so on. I am pretty sure that even if Champions had a well functioning admin team, which had taken fair decisions from the get-go, the same people would have found a way to complain about something and attempt at a 'Mercs Revival', for the aforementioned reasons.

I don't hate Mercenaries nor its players because I had a really good time ever since I joined the community. Like many players, I just play where there is the most people and at the moment there is no argument against Champions being the most active. If Mercs come back, be it now, in one or two months, or even later, I will happily play it again. I just find it a tad disappointing that some people have to dedicate themselves to creating a whole new complete module, invest time and ressources into it and make it successful at launch, for the Mercs admin team to react and be like 'Oh btw guys, we could maybe consider working on another community update , you know, like the one we attempted to work on a year ago'.

At the end of the day, hate on Champions and its admin team all you want, it has the guarantee of being regularly updated and for me that's what make the biggest difference with Mercenaries. 

Edited by Tardet, 26 July 2019 - 09:51.

#35 Rangah, Alpharius Omegon

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2452 posts
  • 80283 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:21

I was sort of the main activist for trying to get another Mercs update at this time, simply because every time the admin team tried to do something, get maps, balance ideas, items, etc., to Homer, he wouldn't do anything in the end. We have always done all we could, but the final obsticle was always Homer himself. I see Champions launching as a good motivation for him to do at least something, otherwise Champions will just take all his players, which it has ever since launch.

If I didn't personally enjoy Champions, I wouldn't be the 3rd player on the leaderboard (flex), and I was also offered a position in their admin team, which I didn't take.

At this time I just don't feel like Champions is stable enough or offers the longevity to let players completely switch to it and fully invest their time, while at the same time giving up on Mercenaries, which many people have played for years. Several things regarding to how Sabo manages the mod are red flags for me, including, but not limited to the questionable choice of about half the admins.

The way I see it, if Champions motivates Homer to update his mod which already has stable foundations built over the years, community wins in the end. Right now many people only play it because that's where all the players are and simply put up with the considerably lower quality of the mod.

However, I'm not going to be the retard that tries to beat a dead horse. If it turns out Homer isn't willing to work on the mod at all, I will most likely just play Champions from there on, despite all it's faults. We've lived in pointless anticipation of an update for far too long.

Edited by Rangah, 26 July 2019 - 10:30.

• Teoiss, Theowl and LuriLY like this

#36 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8364 posts
  • 26503 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:22

Twas around half a year ago, let's not atart exaggerating

#37 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 355 posts
  • 59468 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:59

I have the same level of gear on both mods and my influence extends as far as no one listening to me in anything but the Champions admin team failed their first test and did not remove an admin / clan mate who blatantly scammed and instead deleted threads about it. They also removed his name from their "Scammers list" after it was submitted multiple times. If you think these are red flags now, remember this is them on good behavior while they try to establish a player base and if Mercs was to close tomorrow, they would abandon any semblance of impartiality and you will see a campaign of pettiness, corruption, backstabbing and targetting of anyone who spoke out or did not support them from the beginning. Its completely in their nature.

#38 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of Arborea
  • 340 posts
  • 11285 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:35

I was sort of the main activist for trying to get another Mercs update at this time, simply because every time the admin team tried to do something, get maps, balance ideas, items, etc., to Homer, he wouldn't do anything in the end. We have always done all we could, but the final obsticle was always Homer himself. I see Champions launching as a good motivation for him to do at least something, otherwise Champions will just take all his players, which it has ever since launch.

[...]

The way I see it, if Champions motivates Homer to update his mod which already has stable foundations built over the years, community wins in the end. Right now many people only play it because that's where all the players are and simply put up with the considerably lower quality of the mod.

However, I'm not going to be the retard that tries to beat a dead horse. If it turns out Homer isn't willing to work on the mod at all, I will most likely just play Champions from there on, despite all it's faults. We've lived in pointless anticipation of an update for far too long.

I will only answer the part I kept in the quote because I understand the concerns shared about Champions and don't have much to add in that regard. 

What I find it really hard to accept is someone not caring about the mod he created, and this for years, yet refusing to let someone else be the main force of action when it comes to updating said mod. This just makes Homer looks like someone egoistical af and suffering some heavy power hungry issues. I don't know the guy myself, all I have seen or heard about him was through the spectrum of other players or admins so I don't like to just freely hating on him for that reason, but when you know the situation, it's just hard to keep hoping for anything changing on Mercenaries. This also goes back to my point which is that it's pretty sad to realize that the only way for things to move (according to what you think) seem to be Homer fearing to see everyone leaving Mercenaries for good. 

Twas around half a year ago, let's not atart exaggerating

The community patch thread was posted the 11th of August 2018, which will make it one year old in exactly two weeks and two days. Not sure I'm the one exaggerating here. 

http://forums.mbmerc...ommunity-patch/

I have the same level of gear on both mods and my influence extends as far as no one listening to me in anything but the Champions admin team failed their first test and did not remove an admin / clan mate who blatantly scammed and instead deleted threads about it. They also removed his name from their "Scammers list" after it was submitted multiple times. If you think these are red flags now, remember this is them on good behavior while they try to establish a player base and if Mercs was to close tomorrow, they would abandon any semblance of impartiality and you will see a campaign of pettiness, corruption, backstabbing and targetting of anyone who spoke out or did not support them from the beginning. Its completely in their nature.

Yes the situation with Walex was (and still is) handled poorly. But Champions does not limit only to that one incident and you have other admins, like Specimen on the forums for instance, who try really hard to work on other aspect of the mods, in order to provide the best experience for everyone. Sure, it's concerning and I fully understand that people are worried about potential other abuses given the one which was brought to the community attention has not been dealt with properly, but I am not fully buying into the prospect of Champions being ruled from an iron fist by a tyrannic admin team getting heavy profits from their positions and using censorship as their main form of answer to deal with complains or criticisms. 

I sincerely believe that the Walex's incident and the flaws which resulted from how the admins handled the situation come mostly from inexperience, lack of preparation/communication and maybe not enough self awareness on how important it is to be impartial and ethical, rather than a deliberate intention of doing harms or a complete disregard of the community opinions. 

Edited by Tardet, 26 July 2019 - 11:41.

#39 Rangah, Alpharius Omegon

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2452 posts
  • 80283 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:53

What I find it really hard to accept is someone not caring about the mod he created, and this for years, yet refusing to let someone else be the main force of action when it comes to updating said mod. This just makes Homer looks like someone egoistical af and suffering some heavy power hungry issues. I don't know the guy myself, all I have seen or heard about him was through the spectrum of other players or admins so I don't like to just freely hating on him for that reason, but when you know the situation, it's just hard to keep hoping for anything changing on Mercenaries. This also goes back to my point which is that it's pretty sad to realize that the only way for things to move (according to what you think) seem to be Homer fearing to see everyone leaving Mercenaries for good. 

I do find his attitude hard to justify and completely relate to everything you said in the quote. I simply don't want to throw away my spent playtime here to a sub-par replacement without at least trying to get the mod back up on its feet -_-

Edited by Rangah, 26 July 2019 - 11:55.

• Tardet likes this

#40 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of Arborea
  • 340 posts
  • 11285 kills

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:54

I can also understand that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users