Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Mercs Revival

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Mercenaries revival (292 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you go back to playing mercs, if it was given an update?

1. Yes (263 votes [90.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.07%

2. No (29 votes [9.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1258 posts
  • 71127 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 14:20

Just a quick poll to gauge the community's opinion

#2 Ryan, End my suffering

Ryan
  • Member of Spades
  • 2266 posts
  • 4078 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 14:35

It's cruel to keep it alive, it's time to switch off the life support

#3 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2414 posts
  • 79590 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 14:36

Can people who haven't played Mercs in the past 18 months not vote on this thanks

• Matrona, Mash, Elendir and 6 others like this

#4 Normanguy, Shadow kingpin triad boss snakelord Normanturk™

Normanguy
  • 185 posts
  • 53642 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 15:53

please

• Rangah likes this

#5 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 349 posts
  • 58738 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:09

I have tried to give champions a chance but I refuse to support any mod that allows someone to keep their admin after scamming a player a few days after launch, just because they are clan mates. 

• Hugoboss, HattoriHanzo, MK_KingsGuard_Nightmare and 7 others like this

#6 Solda, 514314.132123486174

Solda
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2428 posts
  • 13683 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:15

The only one who really voted no is the cunt of apollo lmao
  • Apollo and Fargot like this

#7 Lik, PlayerSlayer

Lik
  • Member of XIVc
  • 1 posts
  • 46468 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:25

Слава ТБА

#8 Ryan, End my suffering

Ryan
  • Member of Spades
  • 2266 posts
  • 4078 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:33

Can people who haven't played Mercs in the past 18 months not vote on this thanks

People with mental disabilities aka autists who can't let go of playing the same shit game for 9 years shouldn't be allowed to vote  B)

#9 ONeil

ONeil
  • 156 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:42

please

#10 Teoiss, Teo

Teoiss
  • Member of Fratres
  • 1183 posts
  • 29734 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:57

I have tried to give champions a chance but I refuse to support any mod that allows someone to keep their admin after scamming a player a few days after launch, just because they are clan mates. 

Even tho I like that kokot sabo, I have to agree on that

• dRush likes this

#11 Mali_Radojica, Thiudareiks

Mali_Radojica
  • Member of Anottra
  • 67 posts
  • 30327 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:02

I would play it even if it wasn't updated, just if it was active, because it is more or less a finished product of superb quality that this Champions mod can never hope to attain, plus from what I've seen (as I haven't been around myself in early days of mod) it built upon quality foundations from the start.
But, I understand that majority of playerbase isn't like that and that they are in constant need of petty distraction, stimulation and of keeping their hamster wheel spinning, in short, of "something happening" even if it is all shit and ultimately in vain, as is the case with Champs "updates".

Let's just switch back to Mercs even before any possible update.

Edited by Mali_Radojica, 25 July 2019 - 17:02.

• Leonidas likes this

#12 Tjav, In Warhammer Tjav would be Volkmar the Grim riding a steam tank

Tjav
  • Member of Folly
  • 1712 posts
  • 35119 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:02

wait, is this actually a thing? and Sabo didnt do anything towards Apollo? fuck that is even more spastic than i would ever have imagined, and Apollo being an admin in the first place is kinda wonky aswell, that is just mind numbing

• Fargot likes this

#13 Tjav, In Warhammer Tjav would be Volkmar the Grim riding a steam tank

Tjav
  • Member of Folly
  • 1712 posts
  • 35119 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:03

Buuuuuuut then again Sabo was also banned for scamming here in mercs a while back, i guess scammers protect each other?

• Fargot likes this

#14 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 349 posts
  • 58738 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:04

The only one who really voted no is the cunt of apollo lmao

wait, is this actually a thing? and Sabo didnt do anything towards Apollo? fuck that is even more spastic than i would ever have imagined, and Apollo being an admin in the first place is kinda wonky aswell, that is just mind numbing

He got promoted. So let me address this next comment to him since I dislike the arrogance. Apollo the only way you could have fucked up Sabo's mod any harder would be if you had got hungry and just decided to eat him before launch. You are nothing but a two faced snake and have killed any chance of the Warband community having a new, active and well run mod to get excited about. If this upsets you then go comfort eat a bagel and kindly go fuck yourself - Regards - Everyone

• HattoriHanzo, Teoiss, Coercion and 12 others like this

#15 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2414 posts
  • 79590 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:09

Can we just all get on Mercs HH tomorrow instead of Champions?

Edited by Rangah, 25 July 2019 - 17:10.

• Trace_Legacy, HattoriHanzo, Teoiss and 10 others like this

#16 Apollo, Twitch.Tv./ApolloMBW

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 964 posts
  • 40363 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:19

Walex scammed not me lol, Walex will also be removed as admin more than likely something that I voted on and tried to make go through even though he is a friend, member of genesis and admin. You can think im biased all you want, but I have not lied about anything and trying to be as serious and non-biased as possible.. I don't really understand your hate but good luck with that stuff mate.

Love you all, see you on Champions! - https://www.mb-champ....com/?invite=33

Edited by Apollo, 25 July 2019 - 17:20.

• RiotShield and Duck_The_Mean like this

#17 Notbilbo

Notbilbo
  • 1 posts
  • 8 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:23

Anyone want to play Ring of Elysium with me? 

• Teoiss, Duck_The_Mean and Apollo like this

#18 Lew, Jew

Lew
  • Member of Balamory
  • 235 posts
  • 43118 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:39

can both just die

• Manfred likes this

#19 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1053 posts
  • 25456 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:53

would completly depend on the update.

yes mercs is higher quality than champions but I doubt homer is gonna actually go back to updating this on a somewhat regular basis. I reckon this would be a one time thing, right?

If so the update would need to actually fix the mod and make it more fun. Adding new items and shit is cool and all that but not the reason why people left mercs. The mod would need to be fun and enjoyable.

some balancing would be needed like awlpikes not really a big deal though imo

people have been complaining about the battle maps for ages now, most maps are completly one sided and provide one team with superb camping positions. Either remove those maps and add new ones or for example edit them and move the camping spot into the middle of the map so both factions reach it at the same time and can fight for it. remove maps that always get polled anyway like canyon and the one with the river in the middle or the horse training map and replace them with fresh new maps. Update nordtown, get the new flag versions of fbtr.

iirc krex and rey have both submitted new and updated maps, they're all there. Just need to put them in. don't just add random maps, have people look over it before you add them so we don't end up with plenty of trashy maps and no update in sight to fix what's left.

I never cared much about the gear quantity. If the mod is fun to play I'll play if it's not I won't and battle has not been fun on mercs for quite a long time now since it's pretty much always one team camping some kind of spawn position.

also dont forget to remove clan camps they blow xx

champions has alright potential imo, quite a few fun unique additions. sabo is not putting in enough work atm and there's lots of stuff to do so the playerbase is dropping really fast.

Edited by Sf, 25 July 2019 - 18:32.

• Elendir and LuriLY like this

#20 pegunCZ, what is member title

pegunCZ
  • Member of KFE
  • 172 posts
  • 3195 kills

Posted 25 July 2019 - 18:15

Last time i played mercs was like two months ago and it was well alive, can someone say wth hapenned? is it cause of champions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users