Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

(Unofficial) Mercenaries Premier League | €400 Euro Prize Pool

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#141 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • Member of BlueStripe
  • 344 posts
  • 11728 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:26

I had the opportunity to have a chat with Joe + the current Dayne admins. We discussed various stuff such as the native players situation and I am happy I got to talk to Joe in person to get to hear from his side.

It is very clear that Joe's initial intention was to host that tournament to revitalise the current scene, the money acting simply as a way to attract a maximum of people.

Let's get several things out of the way:

- With or without the money, the teams which some people find the signs up of problematic would have likely been signing up anyways.
- From a personal point of view, I think the more teams we get, the better it is. I do understand however that Joe has a different vision of how he wants his tournament to look like and wherever it is spending real money or in-game currency you took months to accumulate, you have the right to decide of certain criteria the participants have to meet in order to claim a share of that money. Nowhere did Joe claim he is going to host the most competitive or greatest tournament.
- The fact that out of four admins in the current team (without counting Joe) four of them are from Dayne is obviously going to question the legitimacy of the decisions taken as they are also partaking in the tournament themselves. Edric is aware of the issue which is why I reckon I have been brought in the discussions and also one of the reason why he has invited anyone who would like to contribute to the tournament to reach him directly.

In any case, take everything which is said, either by Daynes or myself, with a grain of salt. We are still discussing the best way to deal with all these things, another thread with a proper ruleset and better information is being made so consider anything on the current OP as rather outdated.

I am myself in Italy for vacations so my current involvement with this tournament is going to be limited (unless we agree on delaying the tournament for a good two weeks which imo wouldn't be such a bad idea as I feel we need atleast that much time to work out every issues and organise it properly). I will still try my best to help where I can but it's far from being optimal on my side.

Last but not least, the decisions taken will aim at being fair for everyone but it is obvious they won't satisfy everyone. As I have announced it earlier on, I will try to organise something around September for the Merc community and I will make sure it's not as restrictive as the current tournament may happen to be.
  • EirikRaude and Edric like this

#142 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1273 posts
  • 73131 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:10

As I have announced it earlier on, I will try to organise something around September for the Merc community

Nations cup or riot

#143 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 360 posts
  • 61193 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 13:46

Nations cup or riot

Sure, let me just gather up the two other Irish people and Im totally with you.

#144 DarkLightcito, Professional twat

DarkLightcito
  • Member of CI
  • 182 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 13:47

You werent kicked for being a native player, you were kicked as it wasnt a clan, if you participated as CI then that is fine

So if I leave CI and I make a new clan with the same members would I be allowed to play? What if those guys join CI? Would they be allowed to play? I dont see the logic in here.

#145 AnFhile, House of Mean is a joke

AnFhile
  • Member of HoM
  • 50 posts
  • 21031 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 15:48

lurker reporting for duty sir

• Matt_ likes this

#146 JOZOOOKA

JOZOOOKA
  • Member of PSW
  • 25 posts
  • 7708 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 16:23

Ok so i think its time for me to address some issues and apologize for whats happening.

- When i set up this (stupid me) thought that only mercs players and active members of the community would be interested in joining it obvs i was wrong. 

- Secondly i would wish to revoke my comment saying "Native fags" it was wrong of me and immature especially for a host of a tournament. When i removed teams it wasn't because you were all native players and i didn't want you to win, it was because i realised that this is mercs and i should do it more for the fact of community of mercs not the combined of native/mercs. I should of stated it more clear in the rules but blame apple for that ;D 

- Thirdly with regards to the majority of the admin team being in dayne. I do not feel that effects anything i myself trust both edric and pig to be as fair as sees fit.

Lastly i would like to formally apoilgise to Kane for my messages via steam. It is out of character of me and i am truely sorry about speaking as about things such as cancer etc so sorry 

Remember any questions at all ill be happy to help via steam BigJoeMcreeee

Thanks again Joe

#147 Shemaforash, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Shemaforash
  • Member of Genesis
  • 420 posts
  • 11240 kills

Posted 12 June 2019 - 16:48

as you can see the active mercenaries scene has signed up, you decided to boot most of them out of your tournament though

• Apollo likes this

#148 Aristotel, Semen Philosopher

Aristotel
  • 1517 posts
  • 31336 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:32

Ok so i think its time for me to address some issues and apologize for whats happening.

- When i set up this (stupid me) thought that only mercs players and active members of the community would be interested in joining it obvs i was wrong. 

- Secondly i would wish to revoke my comment saying "Native fags" it was wrong of me and immature especially for a host of a tournament. When i removed teams it wasn't because you were all native players and i didn't want you to win, it was because i realised that this is mercs and i should do it more for the fact of community of mercs not the combined of native/mercs. I should of stated it more clear in the rules but blame apple for that ;D 

- Thirdly with regards to the majority of the admin team being in dayne. I do not feel that effects anything i myself trust both edric and pig to be as fair as sees fit.

Lastly i would like to formally apoilgise to Kane for my messages via steam. It is out of character of me and i am truely sorry about speaking as about things such as cancer etc so sorry 

Remember any questions at all ill be happy to help via steam BigJoeMcreeee

Thanks again Joe

must be unbearable to be so polite towards native fags

• Gibby Jr, Rey_ and Teyrn like this

#149 Kloney, Voted best admin and most humble guy 2018

Kloney
  • Member of Sanguine
  • 751 posts
  • 35647 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:54

As soon as you introduce money you will incentivize people to create teams full of high level players, if you wanted to avoid this much like i said in the previous tournament you should create an invitational tournament for certain clans. It's like creating a honey pot and getting triggered when bears arrive to eat it. Let's also stop pretendending people get annoyed when these teams happen because they want mercs only tournaments, if native players were trash noone would be complaining. Almost every native player seen signed up has played mercs for a while. Quit complainin' like some hoes.

• Duck_The_Mean, Gibby Jr, Apollo and 4 others like this

#150 Pusiak

Pusiak
  • Member of NO_HOMO
  • 102 posts
  • 67229 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:42

- Secondly i would wish to revoke my comment saying "Native fags"

Why apologize to native fags, they deserve to eat shit

#151 Gasconade

Gasconade
  • Member of Hellenes
  • 17 posts
  • 6541 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:10

Edric is pretty toxic though.... https://gyazo.com/b1...dedadef1dd31e24

Jk love you.

#152 SirAlecks, *gets warned* "admin is comic?" -Sharp_Shneider 2k16

SirAlecks
  • Member of CI
  • 731 posts
  • 39598 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:03

Wait, so I've been an admin for years, started on this mod, has played on a constant basis for years up until this last one on which I haven't played warband at all and I'm kicked? lol

• AnFhile, Gibby Jr and theon104 like this

#153 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1273 posts
  • 73131 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:14

Wait, so I've been an admin for years, started on this mod, has played on a constant basis for years up until this last one on which I haven't played warband at all and I'm kicked? lol

Native trash cav no skill at all not like true mercs players. I beat him with my HA easy. 

• nexa likes this

#154 sandorra, Horus Lupercal

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8572 posts
  • 26572 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:24

I dunno, Alecks isn't that great of a cav. Unless you mean headbutting my arrows, then he rocks
  • theon104 likes this

#155 JOZOOOKA

JOZOOOKA
  • Member of PSW
  • 25 posts
  • 7708 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 17:29

love de replys gotta say xxx edric is toxic wtf

• theon104 likes this

#156 Duck_The_Mean, Leader of Chosen

Duck_The_Mean
  • Member of Buddies
  • 863 posts
  • 93620 kills

Posted 13 June 2019 - 19:08

Let's also stop pretendending people get annoyed when these teams happen because they want mercs only tournaments, if native players were trash noone would be complaining. Almost every native player seen signed up has played mercs for a while. Quit complainin' like some hoes.

Have seen teams sign up that have never participated in any mercs tournaments unlike most of the players in the 'native teams' yet they have not been kicked because they play in the lower divisions of native and therefore are just assumed to be mercs teams or people don't really care because they aren't as much of a threat i suppose?  

#157 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 1137 posts
  • 22760 kills

Posted 14 June 2019 - 14:38

just wait for the new thread pls

• Tardet likes this

#158 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Folkesson
  • 653 posts
  • 33110 kills

Posted 14 June 2019 - 21:33

For the nations with tinier player base we could unite, call it Noreland :) Nations cup sounds fun, should try it on merc sometime

#159 Mash, Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1273 posts
  • 73131 kills

Posted 14 June 2019 - 22:38

For the nations with tinier player base we could unite, call it Noreland :) Nations cup sounds fun, should try it on merc sometime

Ye nations with smaller team rep can team up, but you should be able to get 1 or even 2 teams from some countries

#160 Rey_, I WILL BE HOKAGE

Rey_
  • 245 posts
  • 25248 kills

Posted 14 June 2019 - 23:09

NC is shitfest on native. Imagine running it on mercs... lmao.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users