16 replies to this topic

#1 Rey_, I WILL BE HOKAGE

Rey_
  • Member of EE
  • 180 posts
  • 20037 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 13:24

Greetings fellow bladers.

Let me start with saying that a few people and myself are planning on hosting a Clan League fairly soon. We would like to bring you the best experience and the only way this is achievable if we have direct feedback from all of you on what You prefer when it comes to certain elements in the tournament.

Firstly, it is worth saying that the tournament format, most of the rules and other small things have already been discussed and are set in place, yet there are few subjects that we felt like we can't decide on our own and it was worth asking the community and the participants.

As you all know, there is an active tournament currently going - Warband Mercenaries League, so, keep in mind that our tournament would be able to start only after that one ends in order to avoid confusion, teams playing 2 tournament at once and many other aspects that are not very healthy for the scene in general.

Alright, let me get straight to the questions that I would like to address:

- Entrance Fee; Considering the history of Fees in the past, there were occasions of 10k/15k gold per clan to enter a tournament. While I do believe that amount would be sufficient enough to provide a decent prize pool, I feel like having 20k gold per clan isn't that much higher and would also increase the prize pool so that 1st/2nd/3rd places get much more gold than they would in other cases.

- Tournament break; As I said above - there is a tournament going right now and with that in mind, we don't want to force clans into situations where they don't have any breathing room and are presented 2 tournaments of the same format in a row, therefore we would like to know - how long, in your opinion, should we wait before beginning our tournament.

In order to have some good feedback, we offer you to fill out this form:

1. How much gold you think Entrance Fee should be? Why?
2. How long of a break should there be after Warband Mercenaries League? Why?
  • Rangah and Tardet like this

#2 Varadin

Varadin
  • Member of EE
  • 478 posts
  • 41576 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 13:48

1. 30-40k or even higher so clans won't give default wins/loses to other team and dont care.

2.week or two

#3 Carter

Carter
  • Member of Wolfskult
  • 1088 posts
  • 100264 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 14:22

1. Something around 25k so people care more. Also, the higher the fee, the bigger the pot. 

2. A month, so clans can have some sort of rest before tryhard session begins again

Edited by Carter, 09 March 2019 - 14:32.

#4 ONeil

ONeil
  • 107 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 14:50

1.15k - more than the other one but not too much as it might deter the shittier clans that gonna lose anyway

2. Week or 2

- I'm interested in how the free agent situation will be handled here as the way it was handled in Azoretards tournament was a joke. Thanks

Edited by ONeil, 09 March 2019 - 14:52.

#5 Flaviuss, Never fear the shitty Flavalry is here

Flaviuss
  • Member of Dayne
  • 381 posts
  • 22075 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 15:30

Make it so that clans cant just gather sweaty native tryhards and instead use their real members cough menace

#6 IHaTeCookie

IHaTeCookie
  • Member of DireWolfs
  • 11 posts
  • 15471 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 16:26

Imo you should write down the members of lets say Clan X before the start of the tourney then just count anyone that joined Clan X a free agent that would get over any confusions

#7 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • 242 posts
  • 10795 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 17:04

Make it so that clans cant just gather sweaty native tryhards and instead use their real members cough menace

I understand where you are coming from and I believe that's a shared opinion but from my perspective, such a rule is hard to put in place and make sure it applies to all clans equally. The definition of a 'real member' is different for every clan as not everyone shares the same standards when it comes to recruiting and building a clan. 

When it comes to native tournaments, any mercenaries players are free to join a clan or make their own and compete against other well-established teams without any special restrictions. If people want to pay to fully gear-up a (native) player which will likely only play for them during the tournament, I'd say let them be. These players might strengthen the clan they play for but they won't give them an auto-win against every team.

Edited by Tardet, 09 March 2019 - 17:05.

#8 Flaviuss, Never fear the shitty Flavalry is here

Flaviuss
  • Member of Dayne
  • 381 posts
  • 22075 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 18:06

Then make it an open team tournament rather than "clan" tournament

#9 Rey_, I WILL BE HOKAGE

Rey_
  • Member of EE
  • 180 posts
  • 20037 kills

Posted 09 March 2019 - 19:03

Then make it an open team tournament rather than "clan" tournament

In reality, every clan tournament, is an open team tournament and vice versa.

To be honest, there is really no way of making sure that so called "native tryhards" don't get picked just for the tournament. The only thing I would suggest is grabbing the player before other team does.

#10 adek

adek
  • Member of Forlorn
  • 23 posts
  • 24876 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:53

Make fantasy league

• Namakan, Eder and Flaviuss like this

#11 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2176 posts
  • 70439 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:52

1. 20k or more, clans are easily able to afford such a sum and would make them more interested in playing the tournament through to the end

2. 2-3 weeks, should be a reasonable break

#12 Edric

Edric
  • Member of Dayne
  • 605 posts
  • 67093 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:25

Good idea to poll what the community thinks. However, are you interested in what the broad scale of the community thinks or what the clanleaders want? Might be quite a different outcome.

Regarding the attempt to make it a 'clan league'. Out of Tardets response to Flavius, I guess I can conclude there is no real solution for that issue from your side? You are stating you are simply going to condone the influx of special native teams being formed for the tournament and special native players joining mercs clans they never were in. If thats indeed the case, maybe we should indeed instead have a fantasy league like Adek suggested. If you really want a clan league, I think you should first come up with a proper solution for this issue. Azorekt and his team tried one sollution, which was actually not that bad (checking who joined a team after the signups), however, that ofcourse diddnt take away the fact that a clan such as Byzantium got created specifically for the tournament. It also diddnt take away the fact that other clans, such as Menace already had a lot of 'non-Menace-players' from the start of the sign ups. Yea, there are quite a bit of lone wolfs who seem not to be able or willing to stay in one clan and who still want to participate in a league. I do understand that aswell, though thats where the free agent part comes in with a limitation of 1 or 2 per team. So, my tip before hosting a 'clan league' have again a proper look at finding a solution for this issue. Nevertheless, I would be up for a fantasy league aswell. You simply need to make sure you actually can find enough proper leaders to lead a team. Thats what mainly went wrong with the last fantasy league.

1. Difficult to answer. You could argue a low amount, such as 10k, which will probably increase the amount of clans/teams that will sign up. You could also make it 50k which will decrease the amount of clans that will sign up, though would also decrease the chance of clans not 'giving a f*ck* and dropping out. The question ofcourse would be, will there be enough teams to sign up if its going to be 50k? I actually dont think so.

2.  A month, I personaly would like some rest before dragging our community in another clan league. However, if its going to be a fantasy league afterall, a week would be fine aswell. 

#13 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of Byzantium-
  • 1162 posts
  • 65492 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:33

Nations cup on mercs imo

• Duck_The_Mean and Charles1337 like this

#14 ONeil

ONeil
  • 107 posts
  • 7048 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 13:55

Nations cup on mercs imo

Unfair on the OT players, they won't get a chance to play :(

#15 Normanguy, Shadow kingpin triad boss snakelord Normanturkā„¢

Normanguy
  • Member of Byzantium-
  • 164 posts
  • 50495 kills

Posted 10 March 2019 - 15:14

Unfair on the OT players, they won't get a chance to play :(

are you sure about that

#16 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Swann
  • 969 posts
  • 23958 kills

Posted 11 March 2019 - 19:58

I always enjoyed the format of fanatsy or scramble leagues since it brings players together that have not been playing as a team before. It can be alot of fun, sadly the last fantasy league was just terrible :(

Then again since this is usually a problem in mercs; a scramble league is more likely to have lots of dropouts while a normal league is not. If you run a fantasy league I'd suggest that you change some things. The last 2 times some players went to teams for free because the captain had no money left. This should not happen and completly ruined the balance.

Nations cup on mercs imo

This could be interesting. Hard to make it work tho

• Namakan likes this

#17 Flaviuss, Never fear the shitty Flavalry is here

Flaviuss
  • Member of Dayne
  • 381 posts
  • 22075 kills

Posted 11 March 2019 - 20:40

I always enjoyed the format of fanatsy or scramble leagues since it brings players together that have not been playing as a team before. It can be alot of fun, sadly the last fantasy league was just terrible :(

Then again since this is usually a problem in mercs; a scramble league is more likely to have lots of dropouts while a normal league is not. If you run a fantasy league I'd suggest that you change some things. The last 2 times some players went to teams for free because the captain had no money left. This should not happen and completly ruined the balance.

This could be interesting. Hard to make it work tho

That i take responsibility for as the captains we asked were not the best decisions on hindsight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users