• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 pregou, BROzilian

pregou
  • 6 posts
  • 11 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:39

Regional dedicated servers will never exist because

1. They need money and as i noticed, sometimes we have trouble paying for our already existing servers.
2. We don't have enough South Americans in community to keep the server filled and make the payments worth it.
3. If majority of people move to SA servers, others will issue huge ping problems. I do realise that some people from America or other distant places have those issues on EU server aswell, but that is the most suitable server location, as 80% of players are from Europe (or Eurasia).

P.S. Russian servers only exist because they are free and as you can see, no one plays them. Ever

SA server is online right now, we just need the rewards 😀

#22 Manfred, Chat Shit Get Banged

Manfred
  • Member of Undaunted
  • 151 posts
  • 32165 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:22

What ???? where ????

#23 pregou, BROzilian

pregou
  • 6 posts
  • 11 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 13:20

Look the masterlist, Liga_Mercenaries_SA

#24 Hicalecs

Hicalecs
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 13:49

+1 habilitate moniez plox

#25 Unnamed

Unnamed
  • 2 posts
  • 58 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 13:59

So you testet it out for a few hours but only got 21 kills ??? If yes rip look at all your kills you all together combined prolly doesnt have 100 kills 

Pls... we play in EU server with 300 average ping. Seriusly ?? Try kill full armor people with only 3k gold. Bye

#26 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1276 posts
  • 31336 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 14:37

Look the masterlist, Liga_Mercenaries_SA

Homer (mod creator) definitely won't enable rewards on a server that doesn't belong to him. Nothing to even argue about

#27 Lixtix20

Lixtix20
  • Member of Vapai
  • 2 posts
  • 26 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:20

So you testet it out for a few hours but only got 21 kills ??? If yes rip look at all your kills you all together combined prolly doesnt have 100 kills 

When you play in a non-official server like we tested, the kills doesn't count. The kills that i got where playing in the siege of Merc EU.

• Namakan and Lore like this

#28 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 8212 posts
  • 26469 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:34

Homer (mod creator) definitely won't enable rewards on a server that doesn't belong to him. Nothing to even argue about

I'm going to quote this. If you can gather and upkeep a decent amount of active players, we can set up an official server, but that will be ran by donations. The server would, naturally, fall under the same rules as EU servers
  • Lixtix20 and camiLOKO like this

#29 pregou, BROzilian

pregou
  • 6 posts
  • 11 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:43

I'm going to quote this. If you can gather and upkeep a decent amount of active players, we can set up an official server, but that will be ran by donations. The server would, naturally, fall under the same rules as EU servers

The SA community can help with Donations, we like the rules too ty
  • camiLOKO likes this

#30 Hicalecs

Hicalecs
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:53

How much would it cost to support a server with donations, per month?

#31 Lore

Lore
  • Member of Vapai
  • 4 posts
  • 8 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 16:04

Of course we don't have many kills, try and kill other players with 300 ping, what argument is even that?

We DON'T want to move the servers to South America, we DON'T want for you to pay for our server, because we already have one, many in fact, the ONLY thing we want is that the Admin connects the database to OUR server that WE pay so we can earn money in-game, is that so hard to comprehend?

This won't affect ANY other server in any way.

#32 Trace_Legacy, Retired gold trader.

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1359 posts
  • 35808 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 16:48

Guys i never told you this but i'm actually a Mexican and i demand South American servers. Papito.

• luacha2000 likes this

#33 Teyrn, Scallywag

Teyrn
  • Member of Anottra
  • 866 posts
  • 8733 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 17:18

Pls... we play in EU server with 300 average ping. Seriusly ?? Try kill full armor people with only 3k gold. Bye

Of course we don't have many kills, try and kill other players with 300 ping, what argument is even that?

Git gud

#34 Namakan, eh

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 933 posts
  • 21925 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 17:19

As already said by others, Homer will likely not enable rewards for community-run servers.

If there is enough interest in SA servers, I can forward that to Homer and see if he'd be up to setup a server that will be funded by donations, though I honestly don't know if he has time/interest to do so.

#35 pegunCZ, what is member title

pegunCZ
  • 165 posts
  • 2142 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:05

SA has now a strong player base

doubt that

#36 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2355 posts
  • 75276 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:08

If the playerbase is large enough and you're actually serious, it MIGHT be possible. I distinctively remember there being a clan hosted server with rewards enabled long back, however the host found a way to abuse it and basically print gold for himself, hence Homer hasn't done it anymore. 

Homer is also really inactive right now, and getting him to do anything is very hard.

#37 Remus, Retired, not coming back

Remus
  • 7127 posts
  • 52351 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:36

Don't see any problem, payment is secured as you can read above. There's just a little amount of South American players in this mod, from what I know.

#38 Dan the Chef

Dan the Chef
  • Member of Chef
  • 86 posts
  • 4156 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:36

Make an NA one so they only get 100 ping instead of 230

#39 Lore

Lore
  • Member of Vapai
  • 4 posts
  • 8 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 18:43

Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Brazil have large enough communities since the release of Warband, the fact that you don't know them doesn't mean they don't exist.
Yesterday the brazilian server hosting Persistent Kingdoms had 70 players all day, and that's just the brazilians, imagine those playerbases combined.

The only thing holding us back from this mod is the ping from the existing servers.

#40 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3525 posts
  • 20588 kills

Posted 15 January 2019 - 19:25

remember there being a clan hosted server with rewards enabled long back, however the host found a way to abuse it and basically print gold for himself, hence Homer hasn't done it anymore. 

I didn't even know this had happened and this is the exact idea that popped into my head what would happen if someones own server was connected to the gold-reward-thingy.

Gotta love humanity.

• Rangah likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users