• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7948 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 17:56

Alright, First of all, let's discuss some rules.
I'll throw in my suggestions, if people come up with more/better, tell.

1. Do not under any circumstances RP for other people (RP that a person has done something that he has not, unless it has been expressly agreed

2. You can enter other people's RP (unless the scenario has been defined as closed in advance), but do not take over others' scenarios.

3. If you run a scenario, keep some amount of control over it. Most people will cooperate if cued in. Do not start a large-
scale scenario unless you are ready and able to finish it
in a reasonable period of time.

4. IC actions have IC consequences. While RP is based on consensus, be prepared for possible realistic IC reaction from players with an alignment and/or philosophy different from yours. Think before you act.

5. Do not power play - over power your character ICly and RP in a manner that leaves players with no choice how to respond.

6. Adhere to the RP theme and time period of the story.

7. Use common sense and add realism in you RP. Act in adherence to your alignment.

8. Overly sexual and hate related RP is not acceptable even in RP.

9. Treat players with basic politeness and
respect.

10. No trolling allowed. Trolling messages will be removed.

11. If swear words are allowed in RP storyline, keep them to minimum, and mild. Insults towards player are not allowed.

12. No spamming allowed. Every post that is not supposed to be in the RP thread will be removed

13. All Roleplays must consist of 2 topics, an OOC and an IC thread. Out of character and in character thread.

14. Don't kill a player-controlled character, or any NPC unless you have permission.

15. Keep the language English. You can use other languages if your characters are from a different land, but keep it to a minimum.
Examples:
-Peter stumbled and reached for the wall when he hit a hidden rock with his toe, and cursed out loud. "Godverdomme! I didn't see that one coming!"
-(Spoken in Telugian) These infidels don't understand us, do they Hans?

#2 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:21

Here are my suggestions:

Rules:

All Roleplays must consist of 2 topics, an OOC and an IC thread. Out of character and in character thread.

In the OOC you can discuss the roleplay, post character sheets, and usually the first post is a summary of the RP, stating requirements, information, progress, etc.

The GM of a roleplay makes up most of the other rules, but there are some in common for every roleplay:

-No overly sexual themes, keep it to PM's if absolutely necessary.
-Excessive violence is the same
-If you do not take part in a roleplay, do not post in the IC
-The GM is the leader and dictator of the RP, what he decides is law in his RP. If you do not wish to continue in the RP, don't.

Then there are some common sense rules

-Don't kill a player-controlled character, or any NPC unless you have permission.
-You can ofcourse kill "mobs", but don't godmod. (=killing hundreds without effort, being invincible etc)
-Keep the language English. You can use other languages if your characters are from a different land, but keep it to a minimum. For example:

Peter stumbled and reached for the wall when he hit a hidden rock with his toe, and cursed out loud. "Godverdomme! I didn't see that one coming!"

There are obviously a ton more, but these are the ones in my mind atm.

#3 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:42

-Keep the language English. You can use other languages if your characters are from a different land, but keep it to a minimum. For example:

What if it is actually known that two part takers who are interacting can't understand each other, what then? Doesn't matter what I take part in, he is going to be Telugian and speak the text that is under my name, gibberish. To people who don't understand me, I will do some shit in that and if they actually understood, I'd speak it plainly in English?

#4 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7948 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:08

How about if different languages are spoken, it's written for example in italics, and put in (these things, don't know name) what language it is, for example (Spoken in Telugian) These infidels don't understand us, do they Hans?

#5 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:20

How about if different languages are spoken, it's written for example in italics, and put in (these things, don't know name) what language it is, for example (Spoken in Telugian) These infidels don't understand us, do they Hans?

I agree with Sandorra, If people start using different languages it get's rather messy. But if a certain person would just use (Finnish) I am a pancake it would be more understandable.

And about the common sense rules Roran said, I think most of this should be up to the creater of the Text RP.

#6 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:23

(Finnish) olen pannukakku

k

#7 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24189 kills

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:52

8. Rude, overly sexual, excessively violent and hate related RP is not acceptable even in RP.

9. Treat players and their characters with basic politeness and respect.

11. If swear words are allowed in RP storyline, keep them to minimum, and mild. Insults towards player and/or their character(s) are not allowed.

I am not planning to join any RP here but I am quite active in roleplaying on other places. So I could not resist reading the rules, I quoted and made some bold text where I think things should be changed.

8. Being rude or hate someone/something ICly should not be a problem, after all, its only IC, not OOC. The other parts I find alright to the rule.

9. I of course understand the part of treating players with politeness and respect, but characters? Their characters are IC, not OOC, it should not matter what you tell them or respect them IC. What if your character dont respect someone? What if your character wouldn't want to be polite? Hmm..

11. As last time, OOCly you should be a decent person etc, but ICly, It should not matter if your character swear or not. And it should not matter that you insult someone's character, its only IC and it should not in any way be taken personally by the player.

Thats how I see it, of course, some may not agree and I will leave it completely up to you people but I still think as said above and you should might consider it if you dont want to restrict RP too much.

Have fun!
  • lancerlot likes this

#8 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 21 December 2012 - 16:27

That's true.

#9 Viator, the White Wolf

Viator
  • Member of Dayne
  • 1657 posts
  • 34873 kills

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:16

Have to agree to Anden. Thats what I thought while reading the rules.

#10 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7948 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:06

Updated the rules per request. However I left the hate part of 8., as it basically means no racism allowed. It is not allowed in game or forums at all either. You can hate people all you want, but we can keep racism out of it

#11 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24189 kills

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:48

As you wish, Rules are better now, even though I think more or less everything within a certain degree should be allowed IC. That of course includes racism, as there is racist people.. There could be racist characters, even though nothing of what they say IC should be taken OOC.

Anyhow, I will leave it up to you as I am not going to join in, but good update of the rules!
  • lancerlot likes this

#12 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7948 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03

I understand your point, but racism is a big no to me. I suppose if enough people think it should be allowed IC... I would still have to ask the big mans frumor and homer to stay within forum rules.

#13 The Guardian, :^)

The Guardian
  • Member of RE
  • 986 posts
  • 21236 kills

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:53

lel i don no, i dunt think people wud actually use rascism IC so i gess its ok laik dat

#14 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18634 kills

Posted 09 July 2013 - 18:48

I don't think there's a purpose for having an entire section dedicated to two of the most annoying threads in this forum, which in itself are absolutely useless as well. 

Time to remove this section mayhaps?

#15 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7948 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 09 July 2013 - 19:05

This didn't really catch wind on its sails as it was supposed to, but I don't see why it should be removed either. You can always just ignore it or mark it as read.

#16 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1626 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 09 July 2013 - 20:13

Think the Three and one word games should be removed to off topic.

#17 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 24189 kills

Posted 11 August 2013 - 14:23

Think the Three and one word games should be removed to off topic.

• lancerlot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users