#1 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:12

oY1nRXe.png

Introduction

As some of you might know I don't think the scenes on mercenaries are that good overall. Some of them have major balancing issues, some of them are too large and some of them are too open.

Given that there are community patches now I felt that there is actually in point in creating/editing scenes.

It'll be up to you guys whether you'd like to see the scenes below being used or not.

Feel free to request anything (scenes I should edit or something like that) or share your opinion, as long as you provide arguments.

Bare in mind that everything you see here is a work in progress and is subject to change

Due to the scenes being new, balance still has to be done properly. This can only be done after testing with large numbers!

Scenes

Sarranid Mountain Village (battle)

Scene description (Click to Show)
Screenshots (Click to Show)
Download (Click to Show)

Status (Click to Show)

The Swamp (battle)

Download (Click to Show)

Status (Click to Show)

Castle in the Forest (battle)

Download (Click to Show)

Status (Click to Show)

Armathain Castle (siege)

Download (Click to Show)

Status (Click to Show)

Screenshots last updated: 30-01-2019

Dek out

Edited by Dekkers, 30 January 2019 - 02:10.

• Elendir, Zahu and Agon like this

#2 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Swannice
  • 171 posts
  • 29404 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:17

flag spawn??

#3 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:22

flag spawn??

Entry points are the very last thing I do, haven't gotten to that yet

E:

Entry points include spawns and flag spawns btw

Edited by Dekkers, 06 January 2019 - 18:23.

#4 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1150 posts
  • 30448 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:28

Looks like a spawn and charge map to be honest. Can't really see any routes for maneuver or flanking, or maybe that's just your screens

#5 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:30

Looks like a spawn and charge map to be honest. Can't really see any routes for maneuver or flanking, or maybe that's just your screens

There are three ways (you can go through the center) but yes, this map really is mostly spawn and charge. No time wasting, no running off, just combat.

Other maps (without mountains) will be more open and free though. It's just that allowing players to roam free in those mountains would be painful as fuck

#6 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Swannice
  • 171 posts
  • 29404 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:39

thats something we need more.....there are enough maps for ppl running up to a hill and wasting everyones time

• iScream likes this

#7 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:40

thats something we need more.....there are enough maps for ppl running up to a hill and wasting everyones time

Yes, that's what I thought too : ) 

Edited by Dekkers, 06 January 2019 - 18:40.

• Joshuaa likes this

#8 SirAlecks, *gets warned* "admin is comic?" -Sharp_Shneider 2k16

SirAlecks
  • Member of CI
  • 688 posts
  • 39527 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:02

Really like it Dekkurs, as always splendid work with all your scenes :) 

PS: If you need ideas for maps hmu, also send nudes already fuck sake

#9 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:14

Really like it Dekkurs, as always splendid work with all your scenes :)

PS: If you need ideas for maps hmu, also send nudes already fuck sake

Got yu fam

#10 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2178 posts
  • 70770 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:17

Thing with Mercs is, competitive-oriented Native maps don't really work well in public play due to the nature of persistent characters, number of players on the field, diversity in gear and the general playstyle of the mod. I think about 90% of Mercs maps are non-restrictive as to where people should go, spawn and charge type maps won't be very popular here imo. It's mostly a vocal minority that's used to playing competitive Native reeeeing at people for not playing "quickly" for the lack of a better term. 

Balance is a completely different subject, but a closed map with 3 routes is a big no-no for me.

Props to actually doing something though, it's always easy to complain and bicker.

Edited by Rangah, 06 January 2019 - 19:18.

• Tardet likes this

#11 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:22

Thing with Mercs is, competitive-oriented Native maps don't really work well in public play due to the nature of persistent characters, and the general playstyle of the mod. I think about 90% of Mercs maps are non-restrictive as to where people should go, spawn and charge type maps won't be very popular here imo. It's mostly a vocal minority that's used to playing competitive Native reeeeing at people for not playing "quickly" for the lack of a better term. 

Balance is a completely different subject, but a closed map with 3 routes is a big no-no for me.

Props to actually doing something though, it's always easy to complain and bicker.

Makes sense, but I doubt it will hurt to have more maps like this. I often see people complaining about how ''people only run around''. I understand that some people, especially those who play cavalry, prefer freedom of movement, but like you said 90% of the maps are like that, which is exactly why I wish to offer an alternative.

I will probably do some open maps too, though. 

#12 Pharis, Tjav thinks I'm French

Pharis
  • Member of Master
  • 251 posts
  • 29518 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 19:27

Oh god above save us

• Dekkers likes this

#13 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Swannice
  • 171 posts
  • 29404 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:05

Thing with Mercs is, competitive-oriented Native maps don't really work well in public play due to the nature of persistent characters, number of players on the field, diversity in gear and the general playstyle of the mod. I think about 90% of Mercs maps are non-restrictive as to where people should go, spawn and charge type maps won't be very popular here imo. It's mostly a vocal minority that's used to playing competitive Native reeeeing at people for not playing "quickly" for the lack of a better term. 

The general playstyle of the mod is one team starts camping on a roof or something and thats it

Edit: we have a few maps like this "riot in swadia city or boarder" i think.....only difference is they bad

Edited by Joshuaa, 06 January 2019 - 20:07.

#14 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2178 posts
  • 70770 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:08

True, that's why you wait, draw out flags, look for opportunities etc etc, not just clash together and brawl. It is annoying as fuck, but that's how the players like to play

• Larvae likes this

#15 Dekkers, Vrolijk kerstfeest, mijn kerels

Dekkers
  • Member of SmH
  • 85 posts
  • 20901 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:13

Added a new river map, that I think is more enjoyable than the existing one that gives you the ''do you want to skip this map poll'' everytime. Again, it is WIP. I still have to fill in lots of empty spots and add details etc.

#16 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Swannice
  • 171 posts
  • 29404 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:15

True, that's why you wait, draw out flags, look for opportunities etc etc, not just clash together and brawl. It is annoying as fuck, but that's how the players like to play

i dont think it will be just clash together and brawl.....ppl in this mod are playing far to passiv for that and dont really scearching for a fight......alot of ppl will just try to get a new "camping position"......and thats what we need to interrupt, "archer positions" are fine but not massiv camping positions for a whole team next to the only flag

#17 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2178 posts
  • 70770 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:15

Maybe. Doesn't hurt to try I guess

#18 Namakan, Hi my name is Krex

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 779 posts
  • 21337 kills

Posted 06 January 2019 - 20:51

Personally, I can see the river one as a replacement for By the Rocks, but I doubt that the first one will fit in/be accepted by Homer.

#19 Tardet, Overthinking it, on a daily basis.

Tardet
  • 244 posts
  • 10882 kills

Posted 07 January 2019 - 22:10

Pretty much this. Thanks for taking the time to try and work things out Dekkers, regardless of the outcome.

#20 Svoboda, BBOYSNAKEDOGG

Svoboda
  • Member of Fratres
  • 129 posts
  • 2701 kills

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:57

bad get outta here bitchboi <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users