Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:50

That is awesome :o

#22 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:51

But whats to stop someone saying *discovers the secret to eternal life so you cant do anything against me, mauaahahaha (etc)* ?

Ofcourse there will be roleplay moderators that control OP BS etc. Organise events.

Like ''SUDDENLY OUT OF NOWHERE ZERG RUSH''

#23 Lars, Lions Roseguard

Lars
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 655 posts
  • 9937 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:52

OK here goes,

Dawlish watched with surprise as he was crowned king of merc's, it had been a title he long since deserved. He relaxed in to his throne as Roran was forced to polish his boots. The doors of his great castle were flung open and Gwaihir, servant to the throne, hurried across the room. He brought news that the community had made a unanimous decision to donate all their gold as an offering to the mighty king. Then Homer came in and brought the king some pie and that.

Andddd I'm spent.

This is what I tried to explain earlier, you're just telling stories with known names on the characters, without the possibillity to roleplay together with other people (but I like the idea tho, so don't feel like I hate your story or anything).

The goat is right for once, it's not like we're writing a story were no one else can take a part of and actually mean something from their actions.

The Goat is never wrong, he arrives precisely when he means to! Wait what?

E: Sorry, i'll shut up now :D

Which reminds me, I once got ya involved in a very weird Steam RP chat, you couldn't even get yourself together and say a "wut" there.

Indeed that was a memorable experience. I did try to join in, but somehow i dont think my style fitted in. I did try to say wut, but i just couldnt get the words out properly. I needed Tore to come to the rescue with his 'wut' picture, but he was nowhere to be seen... I do so enjoy strange events like that, feel free to invite me to the strangest depths of steam! :D If im ever online, that is

Yeh, if you're online that is.

#24 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3389 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 22:31

OK here goes,

Dawlish watched with surprise as he was crowned king of merc's, it had been a title he long since deserved. He relaxed in to his throne as Roran was forced to polish his boots. The doors of his great castle were flung open and Gwaihir, servant to the throne, hurried across the room. He brought news that the community had made a unanimous decision to donate all their gold as an offering to the mighty king. Then Homer came in and brought the king some pie and that.

Andddd I'm spent.

This is what I tried to explain earlier, you're just telling stories with known names on the characters, without the possibillity to roleplay together with other people (but I like the idea tho, so don't feel like I hate your story or anything).

My story was satirical, and extremely bad

#25 Lars, Lions Roseguard

Lars
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 655 posts
  • 9937 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 22:36

I chose to say nothing tho.

#26 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 22:39

So how about a Text RP board, where a few people could moderate etc.
It's awsome. The RP format i posted lasted 272 pages or so on their website.

#27 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7723 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:04

If the trolls are kept out, and it's watched over for powergaming etc, why the hell not.
I've got some experience of posting RP too.

LEI of Sandorra

Whole site with plenty of other people

#28 Tore, ok

Tore
  • 634 posts
  • 15501 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08

i want to roleplay a samurai space marine

#29 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 48019 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:22

After I quit doing a story of RC, which took me a fuckload of time, I'm doing a new one! :D

RolePlaying rules tbh.

#30 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:13

http://roleplayerguild.com/forum.php

Is the RP forum I'm on.

#31 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7723 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:23

Oh, mine ain't really a forum. It's more of an... Archive, that has our written stories from ingame saved there. Only for about 5 years tho

edit: I RP a Drow psionic warrior, who is lots of things. A torturer, High Priest of a vampire Queen, and General Brigadier of clan of murderers, spies, bandits and that sort of things

#32 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4471 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54

Am I the only one who thinks this is an incredibly boring idea? Why imagine you are doing something, when you could just play the game and actually do it?

#33 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:09

Well, because in this you can design everything you want, and pause whenever you want, and many other things. It's also immediately recorded for other readers. If there was a seperate game for every RP there is... Man oh man. In RP's you can also do almost everything.

Can you threaten a lord into accepting a decision of your friend in M&B? Can you fight a difficult war of politics and intruiges in M&B? Is there any other game that does? Where you can do whatever you want? have you character turn crazy? Not having to follow already determined scripts?

#34 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4471 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:10

Well, because in this you can design everything you want, and pause whenever you want, and many other things. It's also immediately recorded for other readers. If there was a seperate game for every RP there is... Man oh man. In RP's you can also do almost everything.

Can you threaten a lord into accepting a decision of your friend in M&B? Can you fight a difficult war of politics and intruiges in M&B? Is there any other game that does? Where you can do whatever you want? have you character turn crazy? Not having to follow already determined scripts?

Only your not actually doing it, you are only imagining it. But nevermind, different strokes for different folks 'n' all dat

#35 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:23

Ya derp. We do it. We might imagine it, but why would you ever read a book then? You only imagine it in your head after you read it?

Example of a RP fight between me and me (Click to Show)

#36 Tywin, Veteran of the Stormcrows Mercenary Company

Tywin
  • Member of Stormcrow
  • 2090 posts
  • 19325 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 14:24

Well, good idea basically, but for my part, I donĀ“t think my english is good enough. That might be true for many other people, too.

#37 Arcan, Sir of Milano

Arcan
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 795 posts
  • 8101 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:11

Quote tywin, i have lots of ideas, but i dunno how to write them :(

#38 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7281 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:08

Google translator usually helps.

Also, I have a perfect idea for some space RP hotness.

A Telugian (read text under my name) civlization trapped behind/under/somewhere close to a black hole and due to some odd phenomena the whole system thing doesn't get sucked in.

#39 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7723 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 17:23

Seesh, let's just skip the space stuff, shall we?

#40 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 07 December 2012 - 18:25

We should ask homer for a Text RP section, It could realy be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users