• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 20:52

Since my exams have started as of today, I can't play a single game anymore. Not only that, but the entire roleplaying forum I'm on is expiriencing the same fucking problem.

How about we try a roleplay here, concerning in-game events? Clanwars and everything?

#2 Arcan, Sir of Milano

Arcan
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 773 posts
  • 7545 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 20:59

Good idea, a bit hard to make but, good idea ;)

#3 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:04

Roran, did you check the DragonStone thread I made?
Can be played with phone, courages to RP etc.
But go ahead, you can do it here too. I don't know how Roleplayish the community is, but meh

#4 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:13

Well I'd like a seperate board for it, and be made admin/moderator of that board.

That way I can be a tirant... I uh...

That way I can manage that part of the forums, to make sure not to strain Homer and his admintroops' forces.

#5 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3150 posts
  • 20315 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:17

I don't know how Roleplayish the community is, but meh

"Alas, me matey, I demand a gentlemans duel for ye have shown yeself not worthy of ye tea and biscuits, marvelous lads!"

For some odd reason, everytime I think of RP, I have a sudden influx of ye olde english-thing in my head.

#6 Lars, Apparently LV leader

Lars
  • Member of LV
  • 639 posts
  • 9153 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:20

Words. I don't know how Roleplayish the community is, but meh

Yeh... I have a feeling it will somehow turn into another "shitstorm"...

#7 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:24

More likely, long descriptions and epic fights. A roleplaying fight between 2 players is an amazing fight to read. A skilled RP'er can make it project in your mind as if it was really happening.

As Roran watched the blade descend towards his face, he raised his shield, making sure the flat end of the sturdy oakenwood base would take he hit. The steel bit into the wood, despite his antimeasures, and Roran felt his opponent struggle to thug free his axe. Roran gave a firm twist to his shield, disarming his surprised opponent, and violently jabbed his sword into the stomach of his opponent, forcing an opening the the mail armour, penetrating deep through layers of cloth, skin and muscle, finally protruding through the back of the man. Slightly grunting he jerked his sword out, and pushed the dying man backwards with his shield, which forced the axe loose. He looked around for more opponents, staring through the visors of his great helm, and found none. It had seemed this was the last of them. But the second he relaxed his stance, an arrow pierced through his chestplate, and drilled itself stuck into a rib. Surprised by the cold jab of pain and panick, he dropped onto one knee and raised his shield.

50 meters further away, on the roof of the keep, Sandorra was cursing. It had been a bad shot. He had aimed for the visor slit just when Roran raised out of his combat stance, making the arrow hi his chest instead.

#8 SkyTime, κ = kappa

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 5274 posts
  • 21369 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:24

I'd support Roris as the head of a RP board.

#9 Gwaihir, Bashful? Ban more like

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4195 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:27

Gwaihir stood alone, against the huge horde including the entire mercs community and within two seconds they were all dead. ALL FEAR THE MIGHTY GAWDHIR

#10 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 754 posts
  • 11868 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:27

You guy's are all doing it wrong, i once whas part of a forum RP community, And they had this awsome Space type roleplay game , It was monetored by some awsome admins, The stuff that happend. Brutal

#11 Gwaihir, Bashful? Ban more like

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4195 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:29

You guy's are all doing it wrong, i once whas part of a forum RP community, And they had this awsome Space type roleplay game , It was monetored by some awsome admins, The stuff that happend. Brutal

Just because your name is vortilololololo doesnt mean we're doing it wrong

#12 Lars, Apparently LV leader

Lars
  • Member of LV
  • 639 posts
  • 9153 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:32

The goat is right for once, it's not like we're writing a story were no one else can take a part of and actually mean something from their actions.

#13 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:33

I'm on the other RP dedicated forum in a:

Medieval RP (somewhat game of thrones like, but with a universe I and a friend for TW forums created)
Modern Tankers RP (Because driving a tank that fires 15 120mm shells at pinpoint accuracy a minute is just badass)
Naruto RP (because 90% of RP's there are animre-based, and this one is made by same TW friend)
Medieval fantasy RP (5th generation of a RP that used to live in TW forums)
AC-esque RP (I'm a bad guy there :D)
Napoleonic RP (Cuirassier ftw :P)

So, the RP's here could handle any topic too ofcourse, and everyone would be free to make a RP. Interest checks would be required though. It was a mere example, for all I care someone starts a fucking high school RP like every RP dedicated forum is flooded with.

PS: So far so good to improve the average class level of the cRPG community.
  • habsburg likes this

#14 Gwaihir, Bashful? Ban more like

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4195 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:38

The goat is right for once, it's not like we're writing a story were no one else can take a part of and actually mean something from their actions.

The Goat is never wrong, he arrives precisely when he means to! Wait what?

E: Sorry, i'll shut up now :D

#15 Lars, Apparently LV leader

Lars
  • Member of LV
  • 639 posts
  • 9153 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:41

Which reminds me, I once got ya involved in a very weird Steam RP chat, you couldn't even get yourself together and say a "wut" there.

#16 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3227 posts
  • 62259 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:44

OK here goes,

Dawlish watched with surprise as he was crowned king of merc's, it had been a title he long since deserved. He relaxed in to his throne as Roran was forced to polish his boots. The doors of his great castle were flung open and Gwaihir, servant to the throne, hurried across the room. He brought news that the community had made a unanimous decision to donate all their gold as an offering to the mighty king. Then Homer came in and brought the king some pie and that.

Andddd I'm spent.

#17 Gwaihir, Bashful? Ban more like

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4195 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:45

Which reminds me, I once got ya involved in a very weird Steam RP chat, you couldn't even get yourself together and say a "wut" there.

Indeed that was a memorable experience. I did try to join in, but somehow i dont think my style fitted in. I did try to say wut, but i just couldnt get the words out properly. I needed Tore to come to the rescue with his 'wut' picture, but he was nowhere to be seen... I do so enjoy strange events like that, feel free to invite me to the strangest depths of steam! :D If im ever online, that is

OK here goes,

Dawlish watched with surprise as he was crowned king of merc's, it had been a title he long since deserved. He relaxed in to his throne as Roran was forced to polish his boots. The doors of his great castle were flung open and Gwaihir, servant to the throne, hurried across the room. He brought news that the community had made a unanimous decision to donate all their gold as an offering to the mighty king. Then Homer came in and brought the king some pie and that.

Andddd I'm spent.

hey, hey hey! But I have a question! Just what sort of pie was that, eh?

#18 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 754 posts
  • 11868 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:47

Introduction

This is a small forum game/text-based RP I thought would be interesting. You control a planet/federation/empire/etc. and form alliances, fight wars and research new technologies. I know the OP is not very satisfying, but it will have to do. To join, just complete the planet sheet. There are only a few guidelines to follow.

Bold text within "" tags means speech. So if I want to tell someone to take a hike, I will do "Take a hike!".

Text in italics shows an action. For example, if I want to move my Third Fleet into the Lol system, I will do: The Third Fleet warps into the Lol system.

Bold text in ++ tags means Ground-to-Ground communication on the same planet. ++++ is Ground to Space/Space to Ground and ++++++ is Space to Space. ++++++ is also used for interplanetary communication.

Text in (()) brackets is out-of character.

Rules

No powergaming. You are familiar with the term, no suttles destroying entire galaxies.

Read this and this and use them as a guideline to ship sizes and people onboard.

Reasonable research paces. There is no steady pace, but be reasonable. You may post research updates dailly, and every day is 3 months research-wise. Same goes for construction and soldier training.

No metagaming. You may use private messages to contact each other for classified matters, but the GM (Game Master) has to be informed.

You are allowed to break alliances and betray each other.

Be reasonable at your starting planet. Dont make it TOO advanced. Maximum techlevel indicator: 8.

Be original. I don't want 10 people using Star Trek Phasers or Star Wars Ion Cannons. This will be further enforced.

We assume everyone has a translation technology, but you may roleplay broken translators.

Reasonable ship sizes. No you can't have a 1-Light Year long ship. This will now be strictly enforced. You have to acquire permission to construct ships larger than 50km.

Backstory

Space... The final frontier...

Fifteen years have passed since the Incident, a cataclysmic chain reaction of supernovaes around the galaxy... Different races have different names for the Incident... But they all mean the same. The people of this galaxy are still trying to recover from this catastrophic event, struggling to repair their ships, rebuild their colonies... But there is more than that. Mysterious artifacts are appearing around the galaxy, big rings with carvings on them... Some races have decyphered their use and are able to use them for interplanetary travel... Some have even reverse-engineered them, mass producing them to satisfy their needs... Some worship them as religious icons. But none know how they came to be.

Even though the recovery of the galaxy is proceeding smoothly, a new player is in the game. A race of parasites, consuming entire worlds to sustain themselves, traveling through the mysterious portals, salvaging captured ships to construct their own. Now more than ever, the people of the galaxy have to cooperate in a common effort to combat this new enemy. Welcome to space. Welcome, to Planetary Roleplay...

Joining Process

In order to join, you have to post the following character sheet completely filled out on this thread. Do not post rediculous sheets. So no "Galactic Empire of Deathstars" and anything of the like. After that, one of the Game Masters has to accept your participation. If you are accepted, you will be listed in the accepted planets list. And then you begin the roleplay.

Quote from: Planet Sheet
Name:
Tech Level:
Tech Level Indicator:
10 - Master Technology - Temporal Mechanics - Master Defence/Offence/Propulsion - Master Starships
9 - Galactic Age - Master Spacecraft, advanced shields, teleportation.
8 - Advanced Space Age - Advanced Spacecraft, energy weapons and basic shields. FTL propulsion.
7 - Space Age - Basic Spacecraft - Basic Energy Weapons
6 - Industrial Age - Aircraft - Electricity - Engines
5 - Golden Age - Basic understanding of advanced technology
4 - 3rd Level Tech - Roads - Advanced Culture
3 - 2nd Level Tech - Advanced tools - Wheels - Advanced Construction - Language
2 - 1st Level Tech - Metal tools - Higher technology.
1 - Starter Tech - Rock tools - Limited technology.
0 - Primitive Life - No tools - No technology.
Political System:
Economical System:
Language Name:
Occupied Worlds:
Capital City/Planet:
Description of your home planet:
Architecture:

Army Designation:

Navy Designation:

==Ship Class: The name of one of your ship classes.
=Type: Fighter? Frigate? Destroyer, Cruiser? Battlecruiser? Battleship? Subcapital? Capital? Dreadnaught? Supercapital? Etc.
=Number of Active: How many ships of this class are active at the moment?
=Shields: Be creative, for example "Shield generator MKI" is NOT creative but "Transpectral Shielding Matrix MKVI" is. Specify the shield strength in Joulles. For example, 1EJ (Exajoulle)
=Armor: Thickness, material and specifics of your armor. Be creative!
=Hull: The construction material of the hull. For example, Tritanium Composite.
=Weapon Compliment: Weapons. Be creative! 1 Laser Cannon isn't creative, but 10x Warp Plasma Arrays is!
=Crew: The number of people the life-support system can sustain.
=Power Array: How does your ship get power? Power Generator isn't creative, but 1x Dark Fusion Generator is!
=Propulsion (Sublight): How does your ship travel at sublight velocities? One Engine isn't creative but one Ionization Propulsion Array is! And use AU (Astronomical Units)/Hour to specify speed. One AU = The distance between the earth and the sun.
=Propulsion (FTL): How does your ship travel at faster than light speeds? One FTL Generator isn't creative but One Transwarp Distortion Array is!
=Length: How long your ship is.

(This is not mine, All credit goes to Alien. The awsome creater of this text RP.)

Anyway if there is a text RP board add this cuz its awsome

#19 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:49

Oh, one of those RP's. They are fun but very, very time consuming.

#20 Gwaihir, Bashful? Ban more like

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4195 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 06 December 2012 - 21:49

But whats to stop someone saying *discovers the secret to eternal life so you cant do anything against me, mauaahahaha (etc)* ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users