Photo
- - - - -

RAGE Week 2 tournament! Signups are open! Start date Sunday 16:00 BST!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 13:08

Introduction

Last week worked out well, and with no feedback its clear that it was flawless, but we decided to change the time slightly, so this time it'll be at Sunday 16:00 BST!

Tournament information:

Signups end: Saturday 24:00 BST

Start date: Sunday 16:00 BST

Server: In case of dispute, use EU_3. Unknown will also be available for the duration of the event.

Cost to enter: 3000 gold

Rewards:

Passing first stage: 1000

Passing second stage: +2000

Passing third stage: +3000

Gold: +10 000

Silver: +6000

Bronze +3000

Server provider: 3000

Co-caster: 3000

Max participants: 16

Rules & Regulations:

• Duels will be first to 7 format

• Ranged weapons, horses, shields and potions will be banned

• No armor or builds are banned

• No refunds

• No looting

• You must use the character you signed up with. Character based, NOT account based.

• No changing builds during matches. You can change builds after matches.

• Cheating will not be permitted. In case of autoblock the player will be permanently banned from the tournament and reported to the Mercenaries admins..

• You are allowed to use the Swordsman class if wanted, but you’re free and encouraged to use your own character.

• There will be a cooldown period for the top 2 players. They will not be allowed to participate in the tournament for 2 Weeks/Seasons

Detailed info

The tournament will have a max of 16 participants to start, if all goes well and there's enough demand for it we will increase it to 32. Each player is required to pay an entry fee of 3000 gold. The entry fee must be paid to the bank character named RageBank before the sign ups end (Saturday at midnight) and will add to the prize pool.

What we’re doing this tournament is a bit different than tournaments in the past. Instead of giving the full prize pool to the first 3 places, we’ll divide it between more players, to give players an incentive to participate and progress as players. You pay 3000 gold to enter, if you win your first match, you win 1000 gold. If you pass the second round (+2000 gold), you’ve already paid your entry fee. Anything after this is gold in your pocket, or pouches or purses, whatever you want; we don't judge. Securing first place will earn you a total of 13 000 gold (taking the entry fee into account) for a few hours work.

We also intend to support the people who go out of their way to keeping the scene alive. Therefore we intend to take a small part of the prize pool to pay server supporters, referees(if needed) ect in order to keep the tournament running for a longer period. We hope you all understand that this isnt due to greed (harrharr) but because I believe people behind the scenes should also be rewarded and not just the players participating. In order to prevent drama, I will not be taking a cut. We’re not sure if referees are needed at this stage, but if we increase the format to 32 players or do a season of 2v2s, referees will be required to keep everything running smoothly.

Heres the math for those interested:

3000 entry fee

5% of 3000 = 150 (5% transfer fee)

150-3000 = 2850

2850x16 =  45 600 Prize pool

First stage: 1000 (8000 total)

Second stage: 2000 (8000)

Third stage: 3000 (6000)

Gold: 10 000

Silver: 6000

Bronze: 3000

Server provider: 3000

Co-caster: 1600

= 45 600

Cooldown period

Keeping with the idea of getting as many participants as possible over a longer period of time, we’re introducing a cooldown period for the top 2 players of each week. The cooldown will be 2 weeks. Once the two weeks have passed they can sign up again.

The tournament will be played on Sundays @ 16:00 BST. Once 16 players have signed up, and the entry fees have been paid the tournament will be hosted on the following Sunday. The bracket will be created on stream, (www.twitch.tv/greedalicious) to ensure fair competition. This will be done roughly 20 minutes before the tournament starts. The bracket will only be posted on Discord, so make sure you’re in your designated room before 16:00 BST. There will not be a seeding in place.

The tournament is set to be played in a couple of hours, and is expected to last a maximum of 3 hours for the full tournament to wrap up. Since this is the trial phase for duelling, it could take less time than that, but it shouldn’t take more than 3 hours.

Players are required to show up on Discord (https://discord.gg/GpEDcU) and join their assigned channel in order to communicate with the admins and their opponents. Failure to show up on discord will result in a disqualification from this week's tournament. There will not be any refunds.

You’re free to use either Mercenaries_EU3 or Unknown to perform your duels, however you must alert an admin before the duels begin using the discord channel #score-report-and-scheduling channel. This is in case the streamers are interested in streaming the fight. Referees are not required for duels to happen, however we expect the scores and screenshots to be posted in the before mentioned channel.

Delaying matches for any reason will not be permitted and will result in a disqualification. Players are expected to play fairly, and avoiding the fight will be punished. For example a dagger assassin are not allowed to simply run away and be an annoyance. We hope we dont have to ban cheese builds, but if we have to, we will.

Players are also encouraged to record their matches. Keep in mind there will be some downtime between duels so please be patient while waiting for the bracket to be updated. The bracket will be posted and updated on the Discord channel #announcements. Feel free to talk in the #general text room, and of course watch the stream live.

Administration team and support:

Greedalicious, admin, host and commentator

Raven, admin, co host, co-commentator

Krex, server donator

Important links:

Discord: https://discord.gg/GpEDcU

Twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/greedalicious

Stream info

The duels will be commentated by myself and Raven on my Twitch channel. I also added an option to bet on the fights. How this works is by watching the streams, you will earn gold which you can then use to bet. Keep in mind the gold earned by watching is not the same as Merc gold. However you can send me a message and i will transfer the Twitch gold to your Merc account. The transfer rate is 3:1 so for every 3 gold on Twitch, you’ll get 1 gold on Merc. Subs transfer rate is 1:1. You can also transform your Mercenaries gold into betting gold.

Signup:

Player name:

Steam profile:

Build(Optional):

Character screenshot(Optional):

Do you accept the rules?:

Sent gold from what character(Bank name is RageBank):

#2 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 13:09

Current Participants: 

Ein4r

Cosmin

Cooldown: 
Maximou

Aiku

Edited by Greed, 03 October 2018 - 09:24.

#3 Imry, Einar

Imry
  • Member of Akritai
  • 5 posts
  • 3594 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 14:52

Player name: Ein4r

Steam profile: https://steamcommuni...m/id/legenndDD/

Build(Optional): 21/15 (not sure)

Do you accept the rules?: i do

Sent gold from what character(Bank name is RageBank): Vuitt0n

#4 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3863 posts
  • 10689 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 16:31

Player name: Rage

Steam profile:Wangeldo

Build(Optional): Assault Trooper

Character screenshot(Optional): RAGE-2.jpg

Do you accept the rules?: Yes

Sent gold from what character(Bank name is RageBank): Wangeldo

Edited by wangchan, 02 October 2018 - 16:34.

• Hugoboss, Remus, Trace_Legacy and 4 others like this

#5 Shin, twitch.tv/shinnzite

Shin
  • 40 posts
  • 14869 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 17:27

I hate to be a spoiled sport but I'm sure the reason most people wanted the time changed was so they could come after work. I'd be shocked if most people in Europe finish and more importantly get home before 6PM.

#6 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7867 posts
  • 26323 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 17:35

Both are at sunday though, and most don't work at sunday (I do, but that's besides the point)

Also I locked the previous topic for clarity's sake.

#7 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2692 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 19:23

Depends on the work, and if there are shifts presents. I work 3rd shift on 10pm during sunday, but i don't work friday or saturday depending on the work calendar. But again, it was 3PM how much i remember, and at that time most people are free

#8 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 19:25

@Shin yeah the issue is finding the proper time for it where most people can join in. Sundays are usually stacked with things to do in warband, we have HH, then matches in both native and in mercs until like 10 or so. Saturdays are usually the day people spend outside the pc room so thats a no-go. I understand the frustration, the only other option is week days.

Accepted Ein4r, welcome welcome!

Havent gotten anything yet Wangeldo

#9 Jake-, Sells his gear ever day and wonders why he has no gold

Jake-
  • 75 posts
  • 23091 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 19:35

I wonder why you haven't gotten anything yet :Thinking:

• theon104 likes this

#10 Remi

Remi
  • Member of Akritai
  • 2 posts
  • 9946 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 21:06

Remi

https://steamcommuni...61198036114143/

21/15

yes.

sent from Remi

copy & paste since i need to verify on 4-5rd if i will have time

#11 Dran_, _narD

Dran_
  • Member of Emperium
  • 343 posts
  • 24577 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 21:33

players with NA ping allowed?

#12 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 02 October 2018 - 23:30

I wonder why you haven't gotten anything yet :Thinking:

Yep its a question for the ages.

@Dran yep no ping discrimination here.

• Dran_ likes this

#13 Tardet

Tardet
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 120 posts
  • 9533 kills

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:43

Sorry for missing the first edition, looks like I have golds to waste cause I literally forgot about the whole thing. Wouldn't have gone far regardless but glad to see everything went well and good luck running the second edition. Having regular tournaments is definitely a huge thing so big thanks for that Greed.

#14 Cosmin, Lisp

Cosmin
  • 15 posts
  • 11819 kills

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:43

Player name: Cosminnn
Steam profile: abi talent (u got me on steam)
Build(Optional): attacking midfielder
Do you accept the rules?:ye
Sent gold from what character(Bank name is RageBank):sent from CuddleBuddy

#15 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:23

Cosminnnnnnnn added

@Tardet no problem and you're free to rejoin this week. Remember not only first place gets paid ;)

#16 Shin, twitch.tv/shinnzite

Shin
  • 40 posts
  • 14869 kills

Posted 04 October 2018 - 18:02

@Shin yeah the issue is finding the proper time for it where most people can join in. Sundays are usually stacked with things to do in warband, we have HH, then matches in both native and in mercs until like 10 or so. Saturdays are usually the day people spend outside the pc room so thats a no-go. I understand the frustration, the only other option is week days.

Accepted Ein4r, welcome welcome!

Havent gotten anything yet Wangeldo

Understandable and thank you for the explanation. Hopefully enough people want it pushed back past 6PM that I'll be able to play.

#17 Dran_, _narD

Dran_
  • Member of Emperium
  • 343 posts
  • 24577 kills

Posted 04 October 2018 - 22:42

can't for this week i will join week 3

#18 Rangah, @Aristotel

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 2072 posts
  • 62757 kills

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:30

My problem is I can't make it on Sundays at all, weird as it may be. Best of luck with keeping this tournament cycle going

#19 Greed

Greed
  • Member of Wolfpack
  • 67 posts
  • 13469 kills

Posted 05 October 2018 - 22:07

Hmmm we'll have to look at changing the time unless we get enough participants for this week. Maybe a weekday at like 19:00 or so, but hoping we can get atleast 8 for this Sunday then we'll see

#20 Cosmin, Lisp

Cosmin
  • 15 posts
  • 11819 kills

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:53

Are we gonna get our money back if this is not going to happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users