Best shield build

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 hugin

hugin
  • 73 posts
  • 2010 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 15:42

Oh indeed, if your build is fine, you still need to know how to play yourself. That we can't really help with

No it¨s somthing wrong here The Nordic Short Sword is fastest in game with a speed of 102!

But i still got two hited whit two haded axes or sword.

Using Heavy Round Shield with Speed: 84 i have seen people much faster with it as the Broad Bladed Axe Speed: 98

Using Body armor: 41

Kuyak 4690 item_gold.png

Edited by hugin, 07 October 2018 - 15:45.

#42 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2794 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:22

Never looked at those silly numbers, and i always maintained positive k/d ratio, with a nice 21/15 build. Me, average player at best. Its something wrong with your timing. Aint my fault that you reject the posibility that you are actual trash player, which makes no diference since its a video game and noone cares. Get yourself whatever you like and start having fun. Eventually you will realise how retarded you were. You will always get demolished by players that have multiple thousand hours on warband, aka 90% of players you see in game, or even more. Sell that pig slicer and buy something that you like.

#43 hugin

hugin
  • 73 posts
  • 2010 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:45

Never looked at those silly numbers, and i always maintained positive k/d ratio, with a nice 21/15 build. Me, average player at best. Its something wrong with your timing. Aint my fault that you reject the posibility that you are actual trash player, which makes no diference since its a video game and noone cares. Get yourself whatever you like and start having fun. Eventually you will realise how retarded you were. You will always get demolished by players that have multiple thousand hours on warband, aka 90% of players you see in game, or even more. Sell that pig slicer and buy something that you like.

Why you should not be owned when you got the fastest sword i the game?

Those number are importat that you guide you.

If you got a fast sword at least you got to be able to strike! I get dubble hitet whit same shield and Broad Bladed Axe Speed: 98 that dont make sense

#44 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2794 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:56

10201233.png

#45 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26406 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 17:20

Let me put it this way.

Even if you had the best boxing gloves out on the market, you'd lose to a professional boxer with the cheapest if you have no experience in boxing yourself.

#46 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3485 posts
  • 20533 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 17:29

Let me put it this way.

Even if you had the best boxing gloves out on the market, you'd lose to a professional boxer with the cheapest if you have no experience in boxing yourself.

best gloves have horseshoes in them.

• Sleekphantom likes this

#47 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of OT
  • 1059 posts
  • 29615 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 17:36

Why you should not be owned when you got the fastest sword i the game?

Those number are importat that you guide you.

If you got a fast sword at least you got to be able to strike! I get dubble hitet whit same shield and Broad Bladed Axe Speed: 98 that dont make sense

its not the build, friend, its your timing. Try to launch an attack as soon as you hear blocking sound. If enemy is still faster, block two attacks in a row and then attack. You will suck with any build if you are new to Warband mechanics, but you'll learn with time.

Jokes on you, 2k hours and i didn't learn

Edited by Aristotel, 07 October 2018 - 17:37.

#48 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2794 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 17:59

Alright so, let's start from scratch

1st thing: Your build:

Strength 24

Agility 12

---

Ironflesh 

Power Strike 8 

Power Throw 8 

Power Draw 0

Reloading 0

Shield 4 

Athletics 0

Riding 0

Training 2

----

One-handed 2 

Throwing 4

I bolded the things that should be your maix. Why is your training 2? It must be maximum. Training adds to your weapon proficiencies, and not putting max point into that is plain stupid. Why no athletic? You need speed? Speed is good, don't be like him

gettyimages-860271678.jpg?quality=70&str

No talk about this. Nope. It's a must. Ende.

2nd thing: Hybrid character. Don't go for power throw and shield. Won't work, i'm sorry. Remove the points in power throw, and re-distribute them in training, athletic, power strike, shield and what's left put in ironflesh. Put all of the weapon proficiencies into one handed. What's left you can put into throwing. No discussion about this either. Ende.

3rd thing: Your equipment. Nordic short sword might seem like it's fast, But with your 0 athletic, only thing a person with limited brain got to do is to hold S key when you try to attack, and due to your small length, you cant touch him. Size matters. You can't hit him- he keeps spamming and you keep dying. Here, a diagram i just made

Untitled.jpg

Looks abit like hooke diagram, but it's alot more helpful for a guy like you

• Bloedwoud, Sleekphantom and Valandil like this

#49 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of OT
  • 1059 posts
  • 29615 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 18:09

Oh my fucking God, and this man talks about not having free time lmao

• Bloedwoud, Sleekphantom, Rangah and 1 other like this

#50 hugin

hugin
  • 73 posts
  • 2010 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 18:17

its not the build, friend, its your timing. Try to launch an attack as soon as you hear blocking sound. If enemy is still faster, block two attacks in a row and then attack. You will suck with any build if you are new to Warband mechanics, but you'll learn with time.

Jokes on you, 2k hours and i didn't learn

No i am not new to warband i am returning player! thats what i do i attack just at the block sound. but get dubble hitted!

Merc is differnet than warband somting is not right i should be able to attack faster with a fast weapon

#51 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of OT
  • 1059 posts
  • 29615 kills

Posted 07 October 2018 - 18:46

No i am not new to warband i am returning player! thats what i do i attack just at the block sound. but get dubble hitted!

Merc is differnet than warband somting is not right i should be able to attack faster with a fast weapon

If you are from different mod, then you have to get used to Mercenaries anyway. Combat speed is different

#52 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6955 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:39

Power Throw as shielder is fine, but you don't need 8 when playing 24/12. 2 or 4 is more than enough. Lower it to that, split the points onto athletics and ironflesh.

#53 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 2185 posts
  • 28997 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:09

Hugin, just listen to the advice that's given. Forget your points and stats that you have in mind. These people have played mercs for a very long time. Take their advice on board and JUST DO IT. Numbers and stats are good and all but the majority of it is individual skill and knowledge.

#54 Svoboda, BBOYSNAKEDOGG

Svoboda
  • Member of Fratres
  • 121 posts
  • 2484 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:20

True words of wisdom. Like something Michael would say

#55 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 2185 posts
  • 28997 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:36

Shut the fuck up.

#56 Manfred, Chat Shit Get Banged

Manfred
  • Member of Balamory
  • 116 posts
  • 29415 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:44

Mate you need at least 5 points on training

#57 Anchor_The_Mean

Anchor_The_Mean
  • Member of Crusade
  • 331 posts
  • 34997 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:48

Don't assume the game will play out to any sort of rhythm. I think you assume you'll be able to get a swing off just because you blocked a hit, but the game doesn't really work like that. If you don't think you'll land a hit in time then just block.

I'd recommend you try out the Clever or Heavy Scimitar. 

Edited by Anchor_The_Mean, 08 October 2018 - 12:51.

#58 Valandil, Telemnar, Pharazon, I don't like U

Valandil
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 112 posts
  • 58966 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 15:01

Dude, there are people with tens of thousands of kills in this mod trying to help you. Just do what they say and stop crying. 

I myself am not a very good player and yet with this build (or very similar one) that was suggested to you I am able to get KD from 1:1 to 1:10 easily on siege. It's literally idiot-proof.

In your build you  effectively vasted like third of your total points! Either do what Knez says or go cry to your mommy, or to anyone else but not here.

Edited by Valandil, 08 October 2018 - 15:03.

#59 Eder

Eder
  • Member of Dayne
  • 17 posts
  • 14252 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 18:26

Its as some others already said, if u get double hit alot then block more. Against very fast players i used to just block twice in a row with my shield before i hit back so you can make sure that you are atleast not stunned anymore. The only downside of that is that your shield breaks faster like that and u need to rely more on your manual blocking if its a longer fight.

I added the build im using for a while now in the spoiler below if you want to try out an 18/18 build (maybe if u want to go with blocking twice if an enemy is pretty fast u should add another point on shield skill and 1 less on ironflesh)

Spoiler (Click to Show)

And the heavy scimitar is probably the best weapon for you cos its both fast and has a good range

• Normanguy likes this

#60 Normanguy, Shadow kingpin triad boss snakelord Normanturk™

Normanguy
  • Member of OT
  • 146 posts
  • 48973 kills

Posted 08 October 2018 - 18:33

the fuck do you know, Eder.

low tier inf begone

jk, i love you

• Eder likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic