Photo

Community Patch

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Poll: Community patch? (286 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested in a patch for the mod prepared by and with the community?

1. Yes (259 votes [90.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.56%

2. No (7 votes [2.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.45%

3. Yes, if... (20 votes [6.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

4. No, if... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

What would you most like to see in the patch?

1. Balance fixes (21 votes [7.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

2. New maps (49 votes [17.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.13%

3. New items (89 votes [31.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.12%

4. New features (18 votes [6.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.29%

5. Features removed (1 votes [0.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.35%

6. Items removed (2 votes [0.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

7. Items reworked (3 votes [1.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

8. Map reworked (10 votes [3.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

9. Something else (5 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 1945 posts
  • 28403 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:52

There, there, Mash. Let it all out.

• Rangah and Mash like this

#42 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of OT
  • 6788 posts
  • 48756 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:11

http://forums.talewo...c,337081.0.html this regarding items, all OSP.

#43 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7810 posts
  • 26323 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:18

Homer was very strict on the genre and quality of the items and maps he accepted on the mod. That said, we will try to stick to said requirements aswell.

Considering the mod is based on medieval central europe (There has been talk of more exact period which I can't remember, possibly around 1400), asian gear like samurai armour or arabic gear like camels won't be accepted. The items need to be well made, fitting the mod and OSP, or specifically made for Mercenaries. If people want to get items from a source that requires money, that would need to be done and discussed separately

"Common" weaponry, like spears and pitchforks, clothes like tunics and felthats, or consumables like arrows won't be getting a rare version. What can be considered rare are weapons and armour that can be considered well-crafted, items that the nobles of such era would use. Basically they would be specifically made for only the highest of the society.
  • Namakan likes this

#44 shadow_assassin

shadow_assassin
  • Member of Folly
  • 28 posts
  • 32392 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:32

What about fire arrows being added to the marketplace rather than them just being available on that one map no one likes in siege? It would work like a long range torch being able to burn stuff and would be useful against fast low armoured opponents like assassins

Edited by shadow_assassin, 12 August 2018 - 10:33.

• Edric likes this

#45 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 1945 posts
  • 28403 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:33

Gold plate boots please. There's golden fists and I need to get more rares.

#46 Duck_The_Mean, Leader of Chosen

Duck_The_Mean
  • Member of Chosen
  • 816 posts
  • 85112 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:34

Can we have a rare armour that isn't light or so heavy that we need 24 str to use it, idk why we have 2 plated rares but no medium rare armour. (like Scale armour level)

Also Nerf Awlpike/Long Awlpike, it's so broken every clan plays like 2 or more of them on a closed or open map. 

Also remove knockdown on maces or at least reduce the knockdown chance, that shit is broken aswell, knockdown on first hit basically means they get 3 hits off and win the fight with no skill required. 

Edited by Duck_The_Mean, 12 August 2018 - 10:35.

#47 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1079 posts
  • 60628 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:36

rare armour at around this armour level:

c52671bce2492a115e5a9a6172517a06.png

• Zatupnerg likes this

#48 BAD4SS

BAD4SS
  • Member of Swannice
  • 9 posts
  • 1879 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:05

ADD THROWING STONES

#49 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2623 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:10

For hell sake this is just a vote, we are voting should we SEND a petition to homer, You are getting way ahead, think straight. it's far from saying what are we going to include. If you truly wish to ask for something, at least post a link to the OSP. Add rare this, add rare that. Sure, but what? Show us the OSP texture at least. 

• Bloedwoud and VaradinTheGrey like this

#50 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Swannice
  • 936 posts
  • 23333 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:43

Krex told me about this, might aswell suggest some stuff altough I doubt this is happening

before you touch any balancing add the maps and the flagmod that have been sent to homer months ago. I'd also give less gold for winning rounds but more gold for kils/dismount/assists on public to encourage aggressive play. In my opinion archery should get a nerf regarding their holding time. A decently skilled archer with warbow can hold his shot way too long having good aim. On the other hand in case you add the new maps and remove the camper maps you need to buff crossbows. They currently don't do enough damage. I play 18/18 on almost all chars but I tank 2 bolts almost every time. Headshot should 1hit me if its heavy xbow or better, but it doesn't.
I'd like to see pike be given blocking so you can actually play the weapon.

Remove that you can't do shit as cav when ur horse is reared. It's stupid and makes cav super weák for closed maps where they actually have to face pikers which onehit every horse.

If possible fix hitbox abusing weapon f.i. flamberge, bill (if u cant fix bills upper attack remove it it's actually hilariously broken), awlpike upper hit. A weapon that can crushtrough and knockdown should not be a thing. Make them either knockdown or crushtrough, barmace can do both, just stupid. Other than that I don't think any weapon is op. Yes awlpike does good damage used without a shield but it's garbage for 1v1s and easy to take out of every fight in a match. That being said they should not be able to 1hit tincans. But warbands damage system is heavily based on speed bonus so it's hard to fix I guess.
Don't care much about adding armours or any more weapons.

Edited by Sf, 12 August 2018 - 11:45.

• Darius and Joshuaa like this

#51 FullMetalSoldier

FullMetalSoldier
  • 44 posts
  • 9436 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:44

All we need is Narf Men at Arms OSP update. Amount of variety and quality in those armors is freaking astonishing. Lets hope that Homer will hear our cries. 

#52 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of OT
  • 6788 posts
  • 48756 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:06

requires WSE, sadly not happening.

#53 Elendir, Elendildo 2k15

Elendir
  • Member of Akai
  • 259 posts
  • 22036 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:33

delete archers, fuckin shitclass. whoever plays it is gay

#54 Elendir, Elendildo 2k15

Elendir
  • Member of Akai
  • 259 posts
  • 22036 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:34

delete archers, fuckin shitclass. whoever plays it is gay

oh wait...

#55 Mali_Radojica, Thiudareiks

Mali_Radojica
  • Member of Anottra
  • 24 posts
  • 18141 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:06

If this ever gets going, plate should definitely get buffed. Before you start talking about "muh balance" and "everyone would use plate then", bear in mind that neither is true. Currently the game is as unbalanced as it can be, catering towards ranged chars, awlpike kids, and fast 1h shielders with maces. Plate currently doesn't offer any benefit apart from (somewhat) increased protection (even in strongest armor combination and with 10 ironflesh you can still get shot to death or die from 3 throws), it is mainly used for aesthetics and nothing else.

In order to give it some buff, any of those solutions would work (though the first one is superior):
-Make armor with strength requirement over 21 nigh-impervious to ranged attacks, but at the same time make using shield with it impossible. The reason for this is that they indeed were impossible to penetrate by ranged weaponry in reality and that they were worn shieldless, as well as to allow proper playing of such chars (inb4 "just buy a shield" - cheapo shield looks absolutely retarded on it)
-Remove athletics penalty on higher-end armor (the weight itself penalizes movement speed more than enough) and lower proficiency penalty to a degree.

Other than that:
-I concur on aforementioned suggestions that awlpikes should be nerfed.
-What also should be nerfed are the 1h maces. As fast as swords, stupidly powerful against armor, knockdowns, you can perfectly well use them to block *anything* when your shield is gone, need I continue?
-I'd buff poleaxes a bit (the go-to weapon against heavily armored foes of late Medieval age, yet here it does lower damage than Dane axes/bardiches with long edges mostly intended for unarmored targets, not to mention flamberge).
-Make carrying several lances impossible. This would be both to make it more realistic, prevent abusive tactics (whipping out lighter lances instead of heavy one when in close quarters to get speed benefits), and moreover make knightly cavalry with great lance a distinctive class.

Adding new items is of secondary importance, as most do not even know how to pair them properly and make the whole mod look crappy with their equipment combos.

Edited by Mali_Radojica, 12 August 2018 - 13:09.

#56 eXt_kill

eXt_kill
  • Member of ZOG
  • 48 posts
  • 31860 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:14

This armor is used by Fianna Mercenaries. 

I made screenshots of the most interesting ones. 

Body (Click to Show)

Head (Click to Show)

Hands (Click to Show)

Legs (Click to Show)

Edited by eXt_kill, 12 August 2018 - 13:18.

#57 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2623 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:22

Fianna steals stuff without asking the makers. All i will say

although i'd like arcnons armor

Edited by knez, 12 August 2018 - 13:23.

#58 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of OT
  • 6788 posts
  • 48756 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:29

Highlander armor :o

#59 eXt_kill

eXt_kill
  • Member of ZOG
  • 48 posts
  • 31860 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:31

Fianna steals stuff without asking the makers. All i will say

although i'd like arcnons armor

Fianna is taking armor from other mods and adding to their own.

#60 Aristotel, is now in university

Aristotel
  • Member of Anottra
  • 848 posts
  • 26568 kills

Posted 12 August 2018 - 13:35

Most of the armor in Fianna is low quality aswell. We don't need that garbage here

• Blackhood and SerGregor01 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users