Posted 23 May 2018 - 18:09

its a serious problem and it NEEDS to stop !!  :angry:  :angry:

#42 Normanguy, Shadow kingpin triad boss snakelord Normanturkā„¢

Normanguy
  • Member of OT
  • 116 posts
  • 45218 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 18:09

I thought we in this thread established that you could swap characters, and that the rules from 2012 were only guidelines. And seeing as though I've been told just about no clans care for the old rules, we swapped a character in a match we just had. You won't believe the hate they spit after we swapped. The likes of Norman and Hrod shouting out "hypocrite" and being really cancerous. We play this game to have fun, why would you be unreasonable and total jerks. That ruined the fun for many of us, which was maybe what you were going for? 

The only reason we didn't use character swap before was because we honestly thought it wasn't allowed at all. So now, we're not hypocrites doing it, since it apparently is allowed.

i sarcastically commented about you being hypocrites because whilst waiting for a cw with OT and having to spec OT and RC play beforehand we saw you finish the match, RC lost and proceeded to complain and demand OT did not publish because they "Broke the rules" by switching classes.

you then got really salty and i told you to stop typing and play and you kept bitching anyway.

im sorry for being a big nasty troll that made a sarcastic comment, i also apologize on behalf of my lover hrodgeir. 

xxxxx

fucking hypocrite

#43 The Turbanator, Hrod

The Turbanator
  • Member of OT
  • 15 posts
  • 18162 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 18:12

also don't call me a jerk thats offensive you fucking hypocrite

#44 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 352 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 18:56

I'm not known to be a hypocrite, I respect rules.  I have no problem with OT and the whole thing was an honest misunderstanding. I don't have problems with people trolling either, and I know what trolling is since I've played games for nearly 15 years online. What you're doing isn't trolling, it's being toxic. There's a reason Anti didn't want you, since you think so highly of yourself Norman that you don't want to bench a set so everyone plays. Good luck with your personality, it'll bring you far.

#45 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7171 posts
  • 22783 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 19:26

Can confirm, Eirik is familiar with all the bullshit.

I also don't see the big problem with hypocrisy, it's as if people throw the word around as an insult. It's so prevalent, literally everyone does it all the time without thinking or giving two shits about it. People also goof every now and then so if you're trying to be a smart little troll at least come up with something good xd

• EirikRaude likes this

#46 Normanguy, Shadow kingpin triad boss snakelord Normanturkā„¢

Normanguy
  • Member of OT
  • 116 posts
  • 45218 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 19:52

I'm not known to be a hypocrite, I respect rules.  I have no problem with OT and the whole thing was an honest misunderstanding. I don't have problems with people trolling either, and I know what trolling is since I've played games for nearly 15 years online. What you're doing isn't trolling, it's being toxic. There's a reason Anti didn't want you, since you think so highly of yourself Norman that you don't want to bench a set so everyone plays. Good luck with your personality, it'll bring you far.

You're out here acting like i fully attacked you when in reality i made a sarcastic comment then continued playing and its you who pressed the situation and took offense (After i repeatedly told you to simmer and keep playing), if you've spent 15 years gaming on the internet and dealing with trolls im sure you'd be able to handle sarcasm better you bitter nonce.

also id rather play 4 sets a match with my friends than 2 sets a match with a team full of people i barely know, you caught me red handed for the scum i am.

sweet dreams xoxoxoxoxoxo

#47 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 352 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:19

I'm gonna let you have the last word, Norman. I can't be arsed :)

#48 kieran1796, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

kieran1796
  • Member of OT
  • 985 posts
  • 57933 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 21:34

Normanguy failed the OT melee trial, you heard it here first people. 

#49 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of OT
  • 6645 posts
  • 46721 kills

Posted 23 May 2018 - 22:05

Character swap should be allowed if both clans agree on it before the CW started imo.
  • EirikRaude likes this

#50 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7616 posts
  • 26147 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:10

Someone copy the old ruleset here, and we can start working on bringing it to modern days
  • Tamas619HUN likes this

#51 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Dayne
  • 557 posts
  • 33460 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:02

Mercenaries official ruleset so that nobody can argue of another team 'breaking rules'.

Remember, not everything can be supervised at all the time, so courtesy and sense of that much spoken honour is much needed.

Suggestions are welcome, but they will go through heavy consideration and discussion before being accepted.

1. Round time limit 180 Seconds. Combat speed Medium. Friendly fire 100%, Respawn time 8 seconds.

2. Matches will be decided through the "ft3" or "first to three" format.

- 4 Sets will be played over 2 maps, 2 Sets per map with a side-switch in-between.

- When a team reaches 3 rounds won it ends play of that set.

- Once all 4 sets are played the match ends.

- The team with the most rounds at the end of the match wins.

- In case of a draw, no extra rounds will be played.

- If no match is fought, no points will be awarded.

- If opponent leaves during the match, the remaining opponent will be granted victory of the remaining rounds.

3. Flags count as a point to the winning team.

4. Unless both teams agree to something else for the whole match, teams should be 8vs8. Official matches minimum is 6vs6.

5. Spectator view locked to team members view.

6. Admins are not allowed to ban anyone, unless someone gets on the game that is not supposed to be there, and even then only if kicking doesn't prevent them from returning. If necessary, change password.

7. Delaying, running, hit-and-run etc are allowed.

8. Usage of mercenaries on your team is allowed. However, in official matches limit of mercenaries is 2.

9. Players can be switched at any time.

10. Only mercenary class should be used.

11. No restarts mid-round unless both teams agree.

12. If both teams agree to additional or separate rules before the match (e.g. no mercs, HA's not allowed, Kloney has to bench all game) they are considered legitimate rules for the match. (Please screenshot proof of such agreements If issues arise)

To referees:
- Remember to start the clanwar.
- Remember to check the options (Timer, friendly fire, respawn, autobalance, spectator camera)

-----------------------

There u go fixed imo. 

Edited by Kloney, 24 May 2018 - 05:05.

• Edric likes this

#52 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7616 posts
  • 26147 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:41

I'd personally list couple options, ft3, bo4, what else is commonly used.

#53 Device, SUN WITH FACE CLAP

Device
  • Member of OT
  • 283 posts
  • 9062 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:58

The rule set is good and all but if you just have both teams agree on a set of rules for themselves so nobody get screwed over and they can have their own fun by enjoying a match where both sides agree and enjoy a game which suits them both. If they dont want to do this resort to sandorras rule list and play off that or not play each other at all. I just think that the rule list shouldnt be compolsery but an option for people to use in cws.

#54 ZombieJR, i hate everyone

ZombieJR
  • Member of Chosen
  • 1649 posts
  • 8816 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:03

shut up device 

#55 Device, SUN WITH FACE CLAP

Device
  • Member of OT
  • 283 posts
  • 9062 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:11

sorry papi

#56 Rangah, agnaR

Rangah
  • Member of OT
  • 1951 posts
  • 60200 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:16

Every clan war should be based on the ruleset, with clans agreeing to make minor changes to it if any. If clans try to come up with rules of their own, they might forget to discuss some points which may lead to a general shitfest if one side "breaks" the rule that was never properly discussed.

Edited by Rangah, 24 May 2018 - 11:16.

• EirikRaude likes this

#57 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 352 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 14:52

Thank you, Kloney. 

Btw when you say players can be switched at any time, that also means players can swap themselves to other characters whenever?

#58 The Turbanator, Hrod

The Turbanator
  • Member of OT
  • 15 posts
  • 18162 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 14:54

pickerel.jpg

#59 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Dayne
  • 557 posts
  • 33460 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 16:41

Thank you, Kloney. 

Btw when you say players can be switched at any time, that also means players can swap themselves to other characters whenever?

Yes i personally don't see an issue with this, I've always been a fan of the rule you're allowed to switch characters whenever but if you miss the spawn time tough shit we ain't restarting the round for you. Rule 11 states this also.

The rule set is good and all but if you just have both teams agree on a set of rules for themselves so nobody get screwed over and they can have their own fun by enjoying a match where both sides agree and enjoy a game which suits them both. If they dont want to do this resort to sandorras rule list and play off that or not play each other at all. I just think that the rule list shouldnt be compolsery but an option for people to use in cws.

Rule 12 covers this, if you want something seperate agree on it beforehand and its official.

I'd personally list couple options, ft3, bo4, what else is commonly used.

To be honest ft3 is the most common, but listing bo4 wouldn't be a bad idea. But i'm lazy and can't be bothered to write it up  :D

#60 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7616 posts
  • 26147 kills

Posted 24 May 2018 - 17:53

I'll add it when I edit the official version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users