• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 374 posts
  • 19627 kills

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:57

Why shall we not switch chars during set? Im sorry but if i know i suck at playing for example inf i play some other class same goes for my members....

I believe Sandorra just explained why the rule was made in the first place:

The player swapping has been on the table pretty much since the beginning. Originally, the point of the rule was to avoid delays on rounds and to prevent players from swapping class each round. Since Mercenaries has permanent equipment, this could be abused to quickly swap between fully-equipped archer, cavalry, shielder, and whatnot. It removes any semblance of tactics if the teams have completely different class-buildup every round, and then there's always that chance of rounds being played with players lacking and people shouting for restarts. Which leads us to the rule

And Ryzen, there are a bit more characters you can switch between in merc than there are in native. I have 8 different fully equipped characters that can most certainly destroy the opposition's tactics within one round. But as long as we both agree that swapping is allowed (or not allowed) no one has an obvious advantage and we're all good. 

If someone took the time to change the rules a bit it would be easy though to write "standard rules" and we're good to go. 

#22 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Swannice
  • 947 posts
  • 23577 kills

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:38

i've literally not seen a single person that cares about the cw rules lol they blow

#23 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 374 posts
  • 19627 kills

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:46

i've literally not seen a single person that cares about the cw rules lol they blow

Well I've seen many that cared for the swapping rule, so don't indirectly say that this isn't something that needs clarification

#24 Ryzen, Undisputed #1 Team Leader MFL 2018

Ryzen
  • Member of OT
  • 838 posts
  • 48850 kills

Posted 17 May 2018 - 21:25

I believe Sandorra just explained why the rule was made in the first place:

And Ryzen, there are a bit more characters you can switch between in merc than there are in native. I have 8 different fully equipped characters that can most certainly destroy the opposition's tactics within one round. But as long as we both agree that swapping is allowed (or not allowed) no one has an obvious advantage and we're all good. 

If someone took the time to change the rules a bit it would be easy though to write "standard rules" and we're good to go. 

Yes, Mercs does have the capacity for more classes but that is arguably the advantage of having versatile players in that you can switch tactics to suit something new all the time. If it doesn't work you can switch around again, its great for trying new tactics, but it has drawbacks in that you can be 1 man down because of slowness in this changeover.

• EirikRaude likes this

#25 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Sanguine
  • 619 posts
  • 34113 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:16

c29d5e48-80e0-4167-924f-1465dc4fa3a8-343

/thread

Edit: On a serious note, I've never been one for nor actually partook in enforcing many of the rules other than the ones stated beforehand or discussed with the teams (e.g. no HA's no mercs) most of them are common sense and nowadays don't even bother asking if people want ft3 or not, as almost everyone does. The whole class changing shenanigans i actually couldn't give a shit about, you wanna swap out a guy sure you want him to change class and rejoin sure, but if he misses the spawn i ain't restarting. Though i know some people seem to care.

We could always make official baseline rules. update them a bit but make it clear they're mainly just guidelines.

Edited by Kloney, 18 May 2018 - 01:21.

#26 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1079 posts
  • 60680 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:55

Still think banning HA's and certain classes is stupid. This is mercs, not native, so stop trying to make it more like native. Most of us play this mod because it has more variety so why are we restricting that?

#27 Tamas, OH WOW!

Tamas
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 684 posts
  • 36629 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:41

Still think banning HA's and certain classes is stupid. This is mercs, not native, so stop trying to make it more like native. Most of us play this mod because it has more variety so why are we restricting that?

Most people doesn't like it, that's all.
We even played CWs where opponents banned us to use throwers.. If both sides agreed everything is possible.

#28 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1079 posts
  • 60680 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:46

I don't like cavalry but I accept that it is part of the game. Too many whiney bitches  :lol:

#29 Tamas, OH WOW!

Tamas
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 684 posts
  • 36629 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:49

I don't like cavalry but I accept that it is part of the game. Too many whiney bitches  :lol:

Create a clan and insist on no cav clanwars:p

#30 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1079 posts
  • 60680 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:22

Create a clan and insist on no cav clanwars:p

nah, OT just picks a closed map which reduces their effectiveness. But if you pick an open map then you should be aware that while it benefits cav it also benefit's HA's. you don't like horse archers then play an inf map

#31 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 374 posts
  • 19627 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:01

nah, OT just picks a closed map which reduces their effectiveness. But if you pick an open map then you should be aware that while it benefits cav it also benefit's HA's. you don't like horse archers then play an inf map

We have no problem with playing horse archers.

#32 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Sanguine
  • 619 posts
  • 34113 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 13:16

Some people think its op, if you don't wanna ban HA's then just refuse to a clan that asks? it's not a big issue.

#33 iScream, Vallah, Bruder, ich schieße für Mamas Tränen

iScream
  • Member of Ecorcheurs
  • 1371 posts
  • 30689 kills

Posted 18 May 2018 - 13:51

Who you

#34 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 374 posts
  • 19627 kills

Posted 21 May 2018 - 19:21

I thought we in this thread established that you could swap characters, and that the rules from 2012 were only guidelines. And seeing as though I've been told just about no clans care for the old rules, we swapped a character in a match we just had. You won't believe the hate they spit after we swapped. The likes of Norman and Hrod shouting out "hypocrite" and being really cancerous. We play this game to have fun, why would you be unreasonable and total jerks. That ruined the fun for many of us, which was maybe what you were going for? 

The only reason we didn't use character swap before was because we honestly thought it wasn't allowed at all. So now, we're not hypocrites doing it, since it apparently is allowed.

#35 Ryzen, Undisputed #1 Team Leader MFL 2018

Ryzen
  • Member of OT
  • 838 posts
  • 48850 kills

Posted 21 May 2018 - 20:11

Which clan was that? Important to remember that Norman and Hrod are renowned trolls.

• Tamas likes this

#36 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 374 posts
  • 19627 kills

Posted 21 May 2018 - 20:12

They played for Masters.

#37 Ryzen, Undisputed #1 Team Leader MFL 2018

Ryzen
  • Member of OT
  • 838 posts
  • 48850 kills

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:56

In that case disregard it. Normanguy did the character switching against us a few matches back. Its just trolls being trolls.

#38 Matrona, You just have to get stronger.

Matrona
  • Member of OT
  • 472 posts
  • 43991 kills

Posted 22 May 2018 - 20:14

In that case disregard it. Normanguy did the character switching against us a few matches back. Its just trolls being trolls.

I thought we are trolls...

Edited by Matrona, 22 May 2018 - 20:14.

#39 Mash, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

Mash
  • Member of OT
  • 1079 posts
  • 60680 kills

Posted 22 May 2018 - 21:16

I thought we are trolls...

we're a serious clan that mains horse archery

#40 Matrona, You just have to get stronger.

Matrona
  • Member of OT
  • 472 posts
  • 43991 kills

Posted 22 May 2018 - 21:31

we're a serious clan that mains horse archery

I've been deceived...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users