Photo
- - - - -

Do the heavy armor penalties really need to be that high?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 TheMasterofDeath

TheMasterofDeath
  • 6 posts
  • 1073 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:17

I was thinking of grinding towards the masterwork plate armor thingy, until I realized that you lose 50% profigency and athletics

Why the fuck? That's like removing the whole point of heavy armor. 

You can literally take light armor, a one handed mace and spam the fuck out of any heavy armor user. It's dumb...

Edited by TheMasterofDeath, 16 April 2018 - 19:17.

#2 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7271 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:22

No?

How about you play the mod a bit before coming to a conclusion like that.

#3 Anchor_The_Mean

Anchor_The_Mean
  • Member of Crusade
  • 313 posts
  • 33612 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:23

1h maces are pretty OP

Edited by Anchor_The_Mean, 16 April 2018 - 19:25.

#4 TheMasterofDeath

TheMasterofDeath
  • 6 posts
  • 1073 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:25

No?

How about you play the mod a bit before coming to a conclusion like that.

Oh I have, and 1h maces are pretty darn unbalanced

Add on a lot of wpf, and really the advantage is immense

#5 Sollda, 514314.132123486174

Sollda
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2126 posts
  • 12912 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:26

you're gonna get spammed anyways in warband

#6 Aykhanchik, Aristotel

Aykhanchik
  • Member of Anottra
  • 788 posts
  • 25952 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:33

Why the fuck? That's like removing the whole point of heavy armor. 

How does that make any sense. Point of heavy armor is protection, not mobility. We are sorry that mercs doesn't have this korean mmorpg knights flying around in heavy armor and doing ninja things

• Tatsumi and Nazi Doge like this

#7 Cosmin, Lisp

Cosmin
  • Member of FI
  • 8 posts
  • 11232 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:33

Isnt that the point of heavy armor ? To be slow but tank a lot of hits and deal a lot of damage

#8 kieran1796, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

kieran1796
  • Member of OT
  • 1057 posts
  • 60181 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:36

Oh I have, and 1h maces are pretty darn unbalanced

Add on a lot of wpf, and really the advantage is immense

well plenty of people do well enough playing in plate or heavy armour so it can't be that under-powered can it? Besides the best way to play tank is to follow your team round over-heading and stealing all the kills. Tanks aren't designed to be the best at fighting alone, you need a team to back you up. 

#9 Aykhanchik, Aristotel

Aykhanchik
  • Member of Anottra
  • 788 posts
  • 25952 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:38

A team of siege engineers

• kieran1796 likes this

#10 TheMasterofDeath

TheMasterofDeath
  • 6 posts
  • 1073 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:39

How does that make any sense. Point of heavy armor is protection, not mobility. We are sorry that mercs doesn't have this korean mmorpg knights flying around in heavy armor and doing ninja things

Point of 'heavy' armor is protection combined with mobility. IRL those things were extremely mobile. I've seen people do sommersaults in them.

Now I know this isn't real life, but even so I still don't see why I should be using them when the protection isn't worth the mobility loss

well plenty of people do well enough playing in plate or heavy armour so it can't be that under-powered can it? Besides the best way to play tank is to follow your team round over-heading and stealing all the kills. Tanks aren't designed to be the best at fighting alone, you need a team to back you up. 

Where's the fun in that?

#11 kieran1796, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. King of the horse archers

kieran1796
  • Member of OT
  • 1057 posts
  • 60181 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:42

Point of 'heavy' armor is protection combined with mobility. IRL those things were extremely mobile. I've seen people do sommersaults in them.

Now I know this isn't real life, but even so I still don't see why I should be using them when the protection isn't worth the mobility loss

Where's the fun in that?

if you make heavy armour extremely mobile then you break the game, because there would be no downside to it. Everyone would be running around in full plate all the time. 

If you want fun maybe try going for a lighter build if being slow is boring to you. Or get the heraldic mail and plate and go 21/15, it's not that slow then. 

#12 TheMasterofDeath

TheMasterofDeath
  • 6 posts
  • 1073 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:44

if you make heavy armour extremely mobile then you break the game, because there would be no downside to it. Everyone would be running around in full plate all the time. 

If you want fun maybe try going for a lighter build if being slow is boring to you. Or get the heraldic mail and plate and go 21/15, it's not that slow then. 

Point is, I don't see why the masterwork plate should have an athletics loss on top of the already existing wpf loss. The bloody thing costs 160k, let the people who got it have a slight advantage will ye? I see no point to grind for it now...

#13 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3462 posts
  • 20515 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:46

If the masterwork plate makes me average in skill thanks to its ridiculous protection, I'd say its just below OP already.

• Sollda likes this

#14 x501u2, Never fear the shitty Flavalry is here

x501u2
  • Member of Dayne
  • 243 posts
  • 15995 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:47

Where's the fun in that?

Im calling BS on the sommersault thing, find me someone able to do a frontflip with around 40kg around the body, with limited visibility and a helmet on.

Here is a toilet for your bullshit :D have a nice day.

w-779h-600-1450499.jpg

#15 TheMasterofDeath

TheMasterofDeath
  • 6 posts
  • 1073 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:51

Im calling BS on the sommersault thing, find me someone able to do a frontflip with around 40kg around the body, with limited visibility and a helmet on.

Here is a toilet for your bullshit :D have a nice day.

w-779h-600-1450499.jpg

Oh I will link the vid.

But first; it weighs arounf 25-  30 (30 is for the italian armors, who for some reason still wore full mail shirts under their plate armors), not 40

Second, his helmet was off

Third, the weight is naturally distributed, making the actual feel very comfortable

https://www.youtube....h?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

Sommersault somewhere around 2:35

#16 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3389 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 19:54

It’s the price you pay for being a tin can cunt
  • Matt_, Welsh_Lad, Aykhanchik and 1 other like this

#17 Uchiha_Madara, Querion

Uchiha_Madara
  • Member of OT
  • 278 posts
  • 17719 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:02

Maces aren't op. Sure they are fast but their lenght is short and the blunt damage is only effective against heavy armored.

#18 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7271 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:03

The difference between light and heavy armour in mercs is that you get one or two shot wearing light but can take up to 5 hits from a huge fuck-off flamberge. Also there's always the occasional archer putting shots into you, did that ever occur to you? There's plenty of good reasons why the majority of players play with heavier armour, so how exactly do you propose it doesn't have a point? Also don't bring realism into this, it's a bloody game and there's things way more unrealistic than people not being able to do somersaults in armour. Jesus christ get a fucking grip.

You're full of horseshit and I say it again, you should play the mod more and you'll probably realise this yourself.

Also some of the other cunts put it pretty well, didn't really read it all.

#19 Anchor_The_Mean

Anchor_The_Mean
  • Member of Crusade
  • 313 posts
  • 33612 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:08

The blunt damage is strong against everything, dunno where you get the impression that it's only good against armour. The knockdown ability (which I'm sure is like 20%), means 1 free hit, or even 2 if you combo it with a kick correctly. The knockdown is what makes it OP. 

Edited by Anchor_The_Mean, 16 April 2018 - 20:08.

• Matt_ likes this

#20 knez, Person who deals with reports.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2550 posts
  • 30516 kills

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:29

Alright listen up, im not sure was it answered or not, nor i care. Anyhow, penalities were added for balancing reasons, not because someone thinks its accurate. After all, milaneze plate is more flexible than basic chain mail. However, imagine me, as a noob i am with milaneze armor and some decent player with trash robes and shit weapon. If it werent for those penalities, he would still have to hit me till hell goes cold, yes, but he would stand no chance as i would be as fast as him, maybe even faster.

Bye.
  • Gojkov likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users