56 replies to this topic

#21 Fixou, BILL POWER éhéhé é_è

Fixou
  • Member of 2qL4U
  • 351 posts
  • 19935 kills

Posted 03 March 2018 - 22:43

don't remove any maps, all of them are funny to play 

Na some of them are pain in the ass , it's just a question of camp  and the first side who want to push get fucked up by the  archer

#22 Trace_Legacy, COME! We trade huehuehue!

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1222 posts
  • 35393 kills

Posted 03 March 2018 - 23:12

I absolutely hated that test.

#23 Tamas619HUN, Hold your mouth for war, use it for what its for...

Tamas619HUN
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 533 posts
  • 31740 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 00:12

List of Shit or unbalanced maps

-Desert raid (unbalanced at all)
-Bariyye(Flag spawn unbalanced and at all)
-Village with a Watchtower (Flagspawn is nice but Green got the tower)
-Steppe Farm ( Green got a camper position with falgspawn)
-Steppen Village ( pretty much same)
-Two Banks one river( Camping on both side...Would be good with faster flagspawn)
-?Cayon? ( Dont have to say something)
-?Fight for mines? (same as above)
-?Dugan Gorge? (same as above)
-?Battle on Ice? (same as above)

Agree with Joshua. Maybe Battle on Ice and Steppe things could stay, they aren't so bad.

#24 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:27

List of Shit or unbalanced maps

-Desert raid (unbalanced at all)
-Bariyye(Flag spawn unbalanced and at all)
-Village with a Watchtower (Flagspawn is nice but Green got the tower)
-Steppe Farm ( Green got a camper position with falgspawn)
-Steppen Village ( pretty much same)
-Two Banks one river( Camping on both side...Would be good with faster flagspawn)
-?Cayon? ( Dont have to say something)
-?Dugan Gorge? (same as above)
-?Battle on Ice? (same as above)

Please elaborate on the vague ones (unbalanced at all, don't have to say something), and I can take a look at the maps and we can try to edit the maps a bit.

#25 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Dayne
  • 515 posts
  • 33367 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:56

My recommendation with the watchtower map is to literally just block the tower up for both sides. Maybe leave the small balcony with the ladder there. It would then be a pretty balanced map imo.

Edited by Kloney, 04 March 2018 - 08:56.

• iScream likes this

#26 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:00

I was thinking of moving the other spawn closer, so that both teams have equal chance to reach the tower.

#27 iScream, KTHANKSBYE Head Recruitment Officer and CEO of the Free Press

iScream
  • Member of Venice
  • 746 posts
  • 26623 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:13

Desert Raid : Move it to siege or put the flag spawn into the middle Green spawns in the castle and the flag is there aswell

Bariyye: Green got an better spawn (Archers can just shoot Red at the gates and inf will block the balcony below the flag spawn and the flag spawn is in favour of green aswell.)
My Opinion

#28 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Dayne
  • 515 posts
  • 33367 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:13

@Sandorra That could also work, but would make it a pretty small map in the sense of people getting to each other pretty quickly. Not particularly a bad thing, might even speed up some rounds.

#29 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Venice
  • 90 posts
  • 25918 kills

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:17

Please elaborate on the vague ones (unbalanced at all, don't have to say something), and I can take a look at the maps and we can try to edit the maps a bit.

Si

-Desert raid (Said everything in the ohter post with SS)
-Bariyye(Green is spawing on a hihger ground....can easily shoot enemey and flagspawn favor)
-Village with a Watchtower (Flagspawn is nice but Green is 5 sec earlier in the tower)
-Steppe Farm ( Green got a camper position(A roof and the flag is spwaning next to it so archer dont have to move for flag and just keep shooting)
-Steppen Village ( pretty much like steppen farm)
-?Cayon? (always get changed...noone really likes it)
-?Dugan Gorge? (Grenn got a favor because cover from some houses)
-?Battle on Ice? (2 team camping on boat and house)

#30 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 09 March 2018 - 21:30

Alright, so I started working on the maps a little based on the feedback. I only got so far as Desert raid as of yet, but here you go

Zt1XbtC.jpg

The small red circles are the new MOTF-flags. One towards both spawns, and one in the middle. Still accessible by both teams, yet gives no clear advantage to either.

The bigger circle is a new entry point added to the village, allowing Redstone to attack from both sides of the village. Still somewhat defensible, but added risk of crossfire. Plus the village now has less reason to hold it, since all the flags are outside.

The tiny red dot is a mistake made in paint, ignore that.

#31 Rey_, I WILL BE HOKAGE

Rey_
  • Member of Chosen
  • 112 posts
  • 11804 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:37

I think you're taking wrong approach to the maps for Public servers.

It doesn't matter where you put MotF because no one really cares where it spawns on public. People go there to farm gold/have fun/kill other players and just have enjoyable time. No one is going to stay on their spawn and wait for flag just so that they can win a round. People will still camp that village and other team will still try to attack it. Don't waste your time trying to fix this. Just remove it and be done with it.

There are far better maps for public than this.

• Joshuaa likes this

#32 Apollo

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 714 posts
  • 32576 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:45

Just remove the ones where its camping only. Making another entrance and changing the flag won't deter people from just all out camping because its all they know on this map.

Look at the native ones, there are overhead views on the WNL/WSC/EFL threads. Maps already made, they do not need tweaking (well maybe not much) its much less work for you.

(some glitches might need to be blocked, but am sure someone will be able to tell you where they are)

Edited by Apollo, 10 March 2018 - 11:47.

#33 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:54

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't said maps made for competitive instead of public play? There is a Major difference if the server has 8 vs 8 or 30 vs 30

#34 Apollo

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 714 posts
  • 32576 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:58

Well sure, but some maps work for public such as:

Castellum, Fort Of Honour, New Version of Nord Town, Reveran Village, Field By The River (New Version),
Sandi, Verloren, Legacy Town (not that popular in eu), Naval Outpost.

They should all work quite well as they do on IG (some are not on it but have been in the past)

9 New possible maps, deducted from the maps that are sole camping (which you can tell just by looking at them) should give us a good number of maps for the rotation.

There are probably other maps we have not looked at, so you could add them if they pop up. :P

As Joshua wrote above me
Maps that should be removed are.

-Desert raid (Said everything in the ohter post with SS)
-Bariyye(Green is spawing on a hihger ground....can easily shoot enemey and flagspawn favor)
-Village with a Watchtower (Flagspawn is nice but Green is 5 sec earlier in the tower)
-Steppe Farm ( Green got a camper position(A roof and the flag is spwaning next to it so archer dont have to move for flag and just keep shooting)
-Steppen Village ( pretty much like steppen farm)
-?Cayon? (always get changed...noone really likes it)
-?Dugan Gorge? (Grenn got a favor because cover from some houses)
-?Battle on Ice? (2 team camping on boat and house)

His reasons are kinda crude and lazy but you get what he is trying to say.

I would also add Arena to that list, sure its a favourite of many people but it does not work with more than 10 v 10, when its 30 v 30 its literally one side camps and the other side camps.

Edited by Apollo, 10 March 2018 - 12:03.

• Joshuaa likes this

#35 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Venice
  • 90 posts
  • 25918 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:06

Also need the Flagspawn timer ohterwise ppl will camp again like on castellum.....in the first round both teams will push the tower and the winner team will camp..

but yeah on most of the maps you cannot camp.....

So i would like to see the nativ maps  :)

#36 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:24

I don't exactly see the old maps as obstacles to new ones. Atleast to my knowledge, there's not a limit to the amount of maps available. So I would say it's still worth the little effort to edit the existing maps to be more suitable. We can also ask Homer to pump the flag timer from current 1.30(?) To 2.00 or even 2.30.

#37 Apollo

Apollo
  • Member of Genesis
  • 714 posts
  • 32576 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:26

I don't exactly see the old maps as obstacles to new ones. Atleast to my knowledge, there's not a limit to the amount of maps available. So I would say it's still worth the little effort to edit the existing maps to be more suitable. We can also ask Homer to pump the flag timer from current 1.30(?) To 2.00 or even 2.30.

In native the flag spawn timer at 2:20 (some tourneys are 2:00) but 2:20 seems the best at the moment. Also make the round timer? to 180 or 240 giving enough time to fight before the flag spawns
and ensuring that they either fight, fight on the flag or lose.

Edited by Apollo, 10 March 2018 - 12:27.

#38 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7009 posts
  • 22693 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:57

Couldn't you just change the spawns on the shitty camp village to be north-south instead of east-west? Then at least the other team wouldn't spawn in the damn village.

Edited by SkyTime, 10 March 2018 - 12:57.

#39 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7475 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 13:11

It's relatively easy to change spawn points. So yes, I could do that aswell

#40 Joshuaa

Joshuaa
  • Member of Venice
  • 90 posts
  • 25918 kills

Posted 10 March 2018 - 14:55

In native the flag spawn timer at 2:20 (some tourneys are 2:00) but 2:20 seems the best at the moment. Also make the round timer? to 180 or 240 giving enough time to fight before the flag spawns
and ensuring that they either fight, fight on the flag or lose.

Round timer to 240 and flag spawn at 120 should be fine...

Or just like in CRPG....I think Krex is trying to get it like this..???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users