Help with build

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 cavnub

cavnub
  • 3 posts
  • 145 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:41

I recently started playing with this mod and I need help with creating my character. I want to go mostly cavalry (spend 4 riding points) but I've noticed that a lot of maps aren't "cavalry maps" (especially on the usually more filled siege server) and want to also be able to fight 1h with shield but kind of want to invest in throwing too. Is a flexible character possible or do I need to give up and choose 1 build to fight effectively? Is a hybrid of at least 2 builds possible? I looked at the beginner's guide post with suggested builds and noticed that mostly 5 sp was used for training. Is this mandatory? Lastly, are bastard swords usable as 1h and 2h or is it too slow as a 1 handed with a shield?

#2 Trace_Legacy, COME! We trade huehuehue!

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1066 posts
  • 33309 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:57

Sorry i'm too busy.

#3 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7123 posts
  • 25916 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:01

To start, you'll need to play some more to be able to afford said gear, not to mention the horse.

Everything is possible, but like the saying goes, "Jack of all trades, master of none". Means that you can make for a chatacter that suits all situations but then you won't be great in anything.
You can create multiple characters, so you should do that separately for cavalry and infantry classes.

Training is not mandatory at all, it just dictates how fast you use your weapons. More training, faster swings.

Bastard sword can be used as both 1 and 2handed versions, but again, you'd have to put points on either 1h or 2h proficiency, leaving the other weaker. Especially if you want to include throwing weapons.

#4 Aykhanchik, Aristotel

Aykhanchik
  • Member of Anottra
  • 332 posts
  • 20284 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:03

Dont use a bastard sword.It is useless until you are actually playing a 2 hander character.Sarranid cavalry sword is the best choice for melee,but because you invest points into polearms(you use a heavy lance) it can be a great choice to buy a melee polearm.Never tried throwing weapons on cav, but i think it sucks

SnimokPNG_1761236_28900473.png

#5 Namakan, Hi my name is Krex

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 372 posts
  • 17678 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:34

Above build is pretty good, but I'd drop to 1 point in ironflesh and get another one in shields so that you can use kite shields once you have the money to buy them. Would also swap the proficiency points for onehand/polearm so that you're better in melee.

#6 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 772 posts
  • 19928 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:39

1818 all the way

#7 Stronk, stronkest jesus leader of Genesis.

Stronk
  • Member of Genesis
  • 196 posts
  • 4336 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 13:41

I agree to Krex, but I think 5 ridink is overestimated imo, would rather spend 2 more points on ironflesh.

#8 Namakan, Hi my name is Krex

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 372 posts
  • 17678 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 14:11

I agree to Krex, but I think 5 ridink is overestimated imo, would rather spend 2 more points on ironflesh.

ironflesh is a waste.

#9 cavnub

cavnub
  • 3 posts
  • 145 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 14:28

Thanks for all the suggestions. The questions were made with the assumption that you could only have 1 character.

Edited by cavnub, 06 January 2018 - 14:58.

#10 Aykhanchik, Aristotel

Aykhanchik
  • Member of Anottra
  • 332 posts
  • 20284 kills

Posted 06 January 2018 - 21:10

Above build is pretty good, but I'd drop to 1 point in ironflesh and get another one in shields so that you can use kite shields once you have the money to buy them. Would also swap the proficiency points for onehand/polearm so that you're better in melee.

I rarely get my shield destroyed except when server is overwhelmed by archers(guess it is most of the time),ironflesh comes in handy cause you are able to survive some massive damage.I also got one point into regenerarion perk.It is not much of a use tbh but i just got used to it

#11 kieran1796, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. Holding back the cav spam since 2014.

kieran1796
  • Member of OT
  • 601 posts
  • 47582 kills

Posted 07 January 2018 - 00:04

Your best bet is to not start with cav because it's too expensive. Pretty much don't play cav until you can afford to fully buy a horse, lance, shield, 1h and medium armour. 

Start with something basic and cheap to fund at the beginning, like a shielder. Buy a plain round shield and a cleaver and if you have any leftover money buy some cheap armour. 

For a shielder build a good starting point is 21/15, with 7 power strike, 5 shield, 5 training and 5 athletics. You can change it around depending on what you prefer but that's a solid basic build. 

#12 SkyTime, Rangah deals in propane and propane accessorie to perkons

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6534 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:52

Your best bet is to not start with cav because it's too expensive. Pretty much don't play cav at all, never, ever.

#13 Remus, Braap

Remus
  • Member of Folly
  • 6283 posts
  • 42048 kills

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:00

Play archer and earn your money for cav.

#14 kieran1796, Mash. Clarence_on_a_horse. Holding back the cav spam since 2014.

kieran1796
  • Member of OT
  • 601 posts
  • 47582 kills

Posted 08 January 2018 - 15:48

Your best bet is to not start with cav because it's too expensive. Pretty much don't play cav at all, never, ever.

yes play horse archer it's the one true class of the enlightened. 

• SkyTime likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users