• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Tajulek, Havoc-bringer

Tajulek
  • Member of UmbraGuard
  • 9 posts
  • 1268 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:19

Today, about 17:45 +1 GMT at the EU Siege server the following situation took its place:

First, Mordor_Orc was writing something about the fact, that it is not always racist to call someone a 'nigga' (I didnt really paid attention to it, I noticed it after Tjaav muted him for 18 hours).

Just after that, some other guy, in opposition to this decision (immaturely) taunted Tjaav by writing something like

"nigga"
"where is my ban?"
"I want it"

He muted him for 18 hours as well. Just after that, I wanted Tjaav to realise that the first decision (I do not question banning the other guy) he made was inappropriate, he's an admin after all and it is in all the community's interest that the admins are wise and make wise decisions. To do that, I wanted to write "If the one calls someone a 'nigga' to offend a black person, it is racist", "If the one calls someone a 'nigga' to express a slight, informal affection, then it's not". But as soon as I wrote the first sentence (and sent it) I got muted for 18 hours as well.

We certainly do not need the admins who cannot contain both the situation and themselves, and this is exactly what happened today. Everyone makes mistakes and my point here is not just to tell how idiotic it was, but most importantly - I'd be happy to see (and I guess the vast majority of MbMerc community as well) such rash penalties less. I think a simple conversation is the best option for all of us, but Tjaav apparently didn't even want to talk.

I thought I had pressed the Print Screen but I don't have the screenshot. Everything's in the logs nontheless.

Looking forward to your response,

Best regards

• Lord Gaius FatCat likes this

#2 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 299 posts
  • 52264 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:23

So you saw two people get muted for using a word then decided to use it yourself and somehow didn't expect the same thing to happen?

• Namakan and King Edric like this

#3 Tajulek, Havoc-bringer

Tajulek
  • Member of UmbraGuard
  • 9 posts
  • 1268 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:27

I was aware that this could happen but the first mute was not fair at all and I didn't like it. Besides, I didn't do anything wrong or against the rules, so why the hell did I get muted?

Edited by Tajulek, 30 December 2017 - 17:28.

#4 Barks, Mew

Barks
  • Member of Tempest
  • 19 posts
  • 24758 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:32

Wow, you are a new kind of special. From what I can tell you are new to this mod with only 1000 kills, but this has been happening for a long time. Players use these questions as an excuse to say racial slurs and use it to get warns.

#5 Tajulek, Havoc-bringer

Tajulek
  • Member of UmbraGuard
  • 9 posts
  • 1268 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 17:57

I've seen people getting even banned for just using the n-word, in a non-racist context. It's not that hard to distinguish.

Anyway, it's not the point here, not at all. I got muted for no reason and Tjaav has shown the flaws which may question his position as an order-keeper.

#6 Kerox, ich nogg euch alle aus

Kerox
  • 281 posts
  • 17483 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 18:02

When someone says the N-Word, admins cant really judge if he meant in a good-way (?) or as a racial discrimination. Maybe you should just stop using it?

• Namakan likes this

#7 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2726 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 18:02

Personally i am muting anyone who is using any racist words in game. So does every other admin, without exception. This rule is not going to change, Learn from your mistakes, don't try to act like smartass in the future. 

#8 Theowl, Whale Hunter

Theowl
  • Member of OT
  • 299 posts
  • 52264 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 18:04

It doesn't say in the goddamned rules "You can use the N word but only in a non racist context" You got muted for the same reason as the other two people, We dont need a thread or a debate about this. 

#9 Tajulek, Havoc-bringer

Tajulek
  • Member of UmbraGuard
  • 9 posts
  • 1268 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 18:39

Personally i am muting anyone who is using any racist words in game. So does every other admin, without exception. This rule is not going to change, Learn from your mistakes, don't try to act like smartass in the future. 

The admin is not to judge by his personal beliefs etc. but to make sure rules are being followed. It's funny, cause there is not racism forbidden in the server rules. And it is really pathetic to see that you don't even try to analyse the situation, you just obey, blidnly.

It doesn't say in the goddamned rules "You can use the N word but only in a non racist context" You got muted for the same reason as the other two people, We dont need a thread or a debate about this. 

It doesn't say that using the n-word is forbidden. What's more, racism isn't forbidden either. But what's it the rules is that:

Admins are not allowed to mute, kick or ban players without warning them first. After giving enough warnings, admins can mute or ban a player for 18 hours if it's his first punishment. If the player keeps receiving warnings, he can be punished for a longer period: 3 days, 7 days and then 14 days. If he keeps breaking the rules after a 14-day ban, he can be banned forever by a chief admin.

So I did not break any rule and Tjaav did. Why am I punished then, if I neither broke any rule, nor does what I did go againt the common sense?

Edited by Tajulek, 30 December 2017 - 18:42.

#10 Aristotel, @Rangah

Aristotel
  • Member of OT
  • 999 posts
  • 28398 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 19:09

It is kinda stupid that you get punished by using such words without racist meaning behind them,but rules are rules.If you see people getting banned for using them then it is pretty obvious that you shouldn't do that(Unless you are a cool kid)

#11 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7899 posts
  • 26329 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 19:18

I'd like you to re-familiarize yourself with our rules.

http://forums.mbmerc...ver-rules-2017/

To be exact, part 7.

7. Insulting/Trolling
Insults, rude comments are not allowed. If you insult someone, you will be warned, if such behavior continues, you will be muted. No troll usernames are allowed. Racist or otherwise discriminating remarks are instantly muteable. Racist or discriminating names are bannable.

Here we see that racist or otherwise discriminating remarks ARE indeed muteable, and it stands in the rules. In the ruleset that is the very first thread on the announcements section, and that has been publicly announced on the mercenaries steam group.

ALL such remarks are muted without exceptions, be they questions, remarks, insults or opinions. We have a zero policy on them, and we don't make exceptions just because someone starts saying it's not racist if its said like this instead of that.

Also next time you have complaints about administrators, PM me on forums. No need to make more useless threads on public.

Edited by sandorra, 30 December 2017 - 19:18.

• Edric and Scarta_II like this

#12 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 20:52

What a fucking idiot xd

#13 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt √Čire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 2126 posts
  • 28997 kills

Posted 30 December 2017 - 23:25

The word itself is a racist term for black people. The use of it in itself is racist, regardless of intent. 

As Sandy pointed out, there is a zero-tolerance rule for racism, even if it's meant in a harmless way.

It's understandable that you're upset but there are zero exceptions. If one person gets away with it then some smart boy'os will try to create loopholes and all that jazz. No thank you.

#14 GMalware

GMalware
  • Member of Tehlrog
  • 80 posts
  • 1747 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 00:09

still dont know why nigger is not allowed ingame and on the forum everyone even admins use it shoutout to sandorra 

#15 Arcar, We do the same, i just do it better than you.

Arcar
  • Member of Tempest
  • 1381 posts
  • 64465 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 00:56

berry inappropriate

#16 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:21

still dont know why nigger is not allowed ingame and on the forum everyone even admins use it shoutout to sandorra 

admins use the word because thots like you need it spelled out for them because they don't understand

xd

#17 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 48620 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:14

admins use the word because thots like you need it spelled out for them because they don't understand

xd

STOP DEFENDING THEM AND MAKING SENSE

#18 Coercion, kebab hunter number 1

Coercion
  • Member of RAT
  • 190 posts
  • 32540 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:52

great post my nigga

• SkyTime likes this

#19 Scarta_II

Scarta_II
  • Member of Stellar
  • 47 posts
  • 4160 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 13:56

If you care about 18h mute in xmas or holydays means that you don't have irl Friends.

Edited by Scarta_II, 31 December 2017 - 13:58.

#20 Namakan, Hi my name is Krex

Namakan
  • Member of Folly
  • 684 posts
  • 20096 kills

Posted 31 December 2017 - 15:12

wow scarta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users