• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3279 posts
  • 62403 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:02

Updated server ruleset for 2017, applies to all Mercenaries servers affiliated with Homer.

Player Rules
1. Team Hitting, Team Killing
The only type of TK/TH tolerable is accidental. Intentional TK/TH is strictly forbidden. You will be warned or banned, depending of your previous punishments. Revenge TK/TH is not allowed. (This includes kicking/punching or any form of griefing your teammates.) Autobans are counted as warnings.

2. Delaying
Do not run away or hide if you are the last player or players in your team. Also, if there are only archers/horse archers in your team, shoot-and-run tactics is not allowed. Dueling isn't allowed on battle servers if there are a lot of players (20+) on the server. If you are seen delaying, you will be warned, then slayed. Running to the edge of the map to delay the round is not allowed.

3. Glitching
It's not allowed to use glitches to gain an unfair advantage. If you are doing this, you will be warned, then slayed. Please report possible unbalanced glitches to the administrators.
Glitching includes hitting through doors (the ones with no holes) or jumping/otherwise entering places where other players can't reach without using specific methods. Combat logging continuously to save your k/d is not allowed.

4. Assisting enemy team
It isn't allowed to avoid attacking your friends or clan mates if they play in another team. You don't have to attack any enemy you see but if it's obvious that you're in collusion with someone, you'll be warned, then kicked or slayed or even banned. Ill-intentioned gate opening will be considered as colluding too. As a special case, it's not allowed to assist an enemy to earn an achievement. The unfair achievement will be removed, new achievements can be blocked so you won't be able to earn them for some time. Playing without weapons or letting yourself be freely killed continuously is not allowed.

5. Cheating
If it is discovered you are cheating, you will be banned forever. This includes use of 3rd party software or ill-intentioned modification of game files.

6. Scamming
Scamming (selling/buying mercenaries gold without giving the other trader the promised payment) is permabannable.

7. Insulting/Trolling
Insults, rude comments are not allowed. If you insult someone, you will be warned, if such behavior continues, you will be muted. No troll usernames are allowed. Racist or otherwise discriminating remarks are instantly muteable. Racist or discriminating names are bannable.

8. Provoking/Insulting Admins
Provoking or insulting an admin is not allowed ("admin is an idiot", "admin should not have this job" etc.). If you are doing this, you will be told to stop. If such behavior continues, you will be muted. If you think an admin is not doing his work properly, you should make a report with a proof of his abusive actions.

9. Reporting
If you notice a player severely breaking the rules/repeatedly breaking them, you can make a report describing what rule he broke, when he did it, and how often he does it. Requesting a punishment of a player who isn't breaking the rules is forbidden. Supply the report with evidence if possible.

Duel Rules (Only applicable on duel server)
No hidden weapons
When a player accepts your duel, don't pull out ranged/other weapon which was concealed when you offered the duel.
Other players' duels
Do not interrupt ongoing duels of other players intentionally.

Admin Rules
Admins are not allowed to use their admin tools for reasons other than peacekeeping and it is strictly forbidden to use the admin chat for a general talk.
Admins are not allowed to mute, kick or ban players without warnings. After enough warnings, admins can mute or ban a player for 18 hours if it's their first punishment. If the player keeps receiving warnings, he can be punished for a longer period: 3 days, 7 days and then 14 days. If he keeps breaking the rules after a 14-day ban, he can be banned forever by a chief admin. The rules regarding racism are an exception to this.

Ban evading
Ban evading is instantly bannable, and will cause any later keys to be permabanned and extends the first key.

• Hugoboss, Bloedwoud, sandorra and 15 others like this

#2 Remus, Braap

Remus
  • Member of Folly
  • 6204 posts
  • 41093 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:14

Make this sticky so all the dumbasses fall over it.

#3 SkyTime, rangars sells a propane and propane related accessories to me

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6406 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:42

I'm sorry but Dawlish has to hibernate for another 25 years for his efforts.

Please come back with your issue later.

• sandorra, Warrik and Noorwegian like this

#4 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3279 posts
  • 62403 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:54

Posting this took all of my power

Rules are courtesy of Sandorra and the combined input of the admin team

#5 Trace_Legacy, COME! We trade huehuehue!

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1044 posts
  • 33309 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:50

Ehmm...Wot is different now? :-/

#6 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6950 posts
  • 25780 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:56

Added some stuff, changed wording on few. They should be more specified and clearer now

#7 Aerat

Aerat
  • Member of Gondor
  • 4 posts
  • 15137 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 13:19

Nice!

#8 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 752 posts
  • 19789 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:07

tl;dr

Edited by Sf, 12 September 2017 - 14:08.

#9 Fixou, 2Fr3nch4U éhéhé é_è

Fixou
  • Member of 2qL4U
  • 328 posts
  • 19576 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:42

Duel Rules (Only applicable on duel server)
No hidden weapons
When a player accepts your duel, don't pull out ranged/other weapon which was concealed when you offered the duel.

waaaaaaat?

Edited by Fixou, 12 September 2017 - 14:45.

#10 Rangah, me to accessories related propane and propane a sells rangars

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1743 posts
  • 51423 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:48

That rule hasn't been changed, now we know a frenchie who hasn't read the rules  :rolleyes:

#11 Fixou, 2Fr3nch4U éhéhé é_è

Fixou
  • Member of 2qL4U
  • 328 posts
  • 19576 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 16:19

That rule hasn't been changed, now we know a frenchie who hasn't read the rules  :rolleyes:

I have read the rules, and some of them are quite obvious but this one MEH

#12 Omaha, I hate everything

Omaha
  • 174 posts
  • 8703 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 17:08

What's wrong with Insulting people? or cheating?

• Remus and Golimares like this

#13 Bloedwoud, Leader of Order of the Slayer (Slayer)

Bloedwoud
  • Member of Outfox
  • 255 posts
  • 22939 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 17:49

These rules are rude, insulting and discrimate against my inner troll heart !

• Purin and Scotshroom like this

#14 Rangah, me to accessories related propane and propane a sells rangars

Rangah
  • Member of Anottra
  • 1743 posts
  • 51423 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 18:51

1. Team Hitting, Team Killing

Autobans are counted as warnings.

2. Delaying
Do not run away or hide if you are the last player or players in your team.. Running to the edge of the map to delay the round is not allowed.

3. Glitching
Glitching includes hitting through doors (the ones with no holes) or jumping/otherwise entering places where other players can't reach without using specific methods. Combat logging continuously to save your k/d is not allowed.

4. Assisting enemy team
Playing without weapons or letting yourself be freely killed continuously is not allowed.

6. Scamming
Scamming (selling/buying mercenaries gold without giving the other trader the promised payment) is permabannable.

7. Insulting/Trolling
 Racist or otherwise discriminating remarks are instantly muteable. Racist or discriminating names are bannable.

From the top of my head, these are the main additions that were made and should be read thoroughly

Edited by Rangah, 12 September 2017 - 18:52.

#15 Dran_, _narD

Dran_
  • Member of Emperium
  • 329 posts
  • 24527 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 20:36

Wait what I can be warned for using throwing axes in duel :(

Sadly you will have to warn me admins : https://youtu.be/JDvVkXGAWcE

( the last duel )

#16 Hugoboss, Emperium's Kaiser, Senior Admin

Hugoboss
  • Member of Emperium
  • 3749 posts
  • 42845 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 20:47

Wait what I can be warned for using throwing axes in duel :(

Sadly you will have to warn me admins : https://youtu.be/JDvVkXGAWcE

( the last duel )

from.. 2 years ago

#17 Dran_, _narD

Dran_
  • Member of Emperium
  • 329 posts
  • 24527 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 21:33

from.. 2 years ago

prescription is after 10 years

#18 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6950 posts
  • 25780 kills

Posted 12 September 2017 - 22:39

That's not exactly actively enforced, since almost nobody does it. It's an old rule that we didn't change. The purpose is to prevent people ending up in duels where the opponent draws a bow or such and starts running away

#19 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3762 posts
  • 10470 kills

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:56

Fuck all admin gagaghaghahhehehe

• Trace_Legacy, Roni, Dran_ and 1 other like this

#20 SkyTime, rangars sells a propane and propane related accessories to me

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6406 posts