• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Dan the Chef

Dan the Chef
  • Member of Chef
  • 50 posts
  • 2739 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 19:46

What Homer said basically "Im really busy atm, but yes Im alive ) ". After that he went offline on steam again.

So no one asked him if he was held by the mafia? That's a shame

Also the server would probably be best held in either Chicago or Dallas. Most people get decent ping to both with more EUs getting better ping to Chicago and more South Americans/West Coast people getting better ping to Dallas.

#22 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 19:47

host it in NY Noorwegian pls ^^

Hey, I can do a poll for a location later on. But before all of that, I need to get a go ahead from Homer. Unless y'all want a server that doesn't reward you.

#23 Dan the Chef

Dan the Chef
  • Member of Chef
  • 50 posts
  • 2739 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 19:50

Hey, I can do a poll for a location later on. But before all of that, I need to get a go ahead from Homer. Unless y'all want a server that doesn't reward you.

I've been trying to get his attention for a while to put up my own server, I have a feeling that we may see him in 2-3 years.

#24 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 19:51

I even speak his native language. That doesn't seem to help either...

#25 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7614 posts
  • 26147 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 20:38

Just contact me if you get the green light from Homie. As said, it's unlikely he will give a full server to a brand new player afterall

#26 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 21:16

Well, if it's any help there's tons of people that can vouch for me from the Napoleonic Wars community. I do understand that Homer would be reluctant to give a new server host permission to host registrated servers that would reward people with gold, but if he would want some kind of "watcher" to keep an eye on me and make sure I don't abuse any systems I would be fine with that as well. But as said several times, I'd need to get through to him somehow so I could chat with him and lay out my plans etc for him. Then I guess we can see what response he gives me, whether it be a negative or a postivie response. 

#27 Vidar, cls

Vidar
  • 552 posts
  • 18624 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 22:09

Well, if it's any help there's tons of people that can vouch for me from the Napoleonic Wars community.

/devouch

• Sollda likes this

#28 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 14 August 2017 - 22:12

/devouch

that's a feelsbadman

Funnily enough, that kind of attitude is why the whole of Warband multiplayer community is crippling. That someone is new to your community doesn't mean that they're necessarily bad. If I was completely new to the game, sure I would understand. But I have tons of serverhosting experience and in-game experience across different modules so I could definitely do a good job with hosting my own server(s) on Mercs too. I understand that you may want someone to keep an eye over a new server hoster with the right to reward gold to people (to make sure that the gold system doesn't get abused and me and my admins don't cheat w/ gold) but that's surely not a hard thing to keep an eye on.

Just look at the database, and flag any suspicious rewards. Simple solution. Anyways, let's hope Homer comes back from his grave and I get an opportunity to chat with him relatively soon.

Edited by Noorwegian, 15 August 2017 - 12:40.

#29 Worny, •} {•

Worny
  • 995 posts
  • 7517 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:54

that's a feelsbadman

Funnily enough, that kind of attitude is why the whole of Warband multiplayer community is crippling. That someone is new to your community doesn't mean that they're necessarily bad. If I was completely new to the game, sure I would understand. But I have tons of serverhosting experience and in-game experience across different modules so I could definitely do a good job with hosting my own server(s) on Mercs too. I understand that you may want someone to keep an eye over a new server hoster with the right to reward gold to people (to make sure that the gold system doesn't get abused and me and my admins don't cheat w/ gold) but that's surely not a hard thing to keep an eye on.

Just look at the database, and flag any suspicious rewards. Simple solution. Anyways, let's hope Homer comes back from his grave and I get an opportunity to chat with him relatively soon.

/strong devouch

#30 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:58

/strong devouch

Can't really vouch/devouch people you've never met, can you?

#31 Arcar, We do the same, i just do it better than you.

Arcar
  • Member of OT
  • 1378 posts
  • 62185 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:59

/very stronk devouch

• Noorwegian likes this

#32 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 13:09

/very stronk devouch

good memes

#33 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7166 posts
  • 22770 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 13:46

You seem like a decent guy really. Don't take this shithole of a community seriously under any circumstances and you'll come out of it alive and mostly sane.

• Noorwegian likes this

#34 Rangah, agnaR

Rangah
  • Member of OT
  • 1950 posts
  • 60200 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 13:59

Yeah what SkyTime said, you seem like one of the rare newcomers to the mod that are worth having around

• SkyTime and Noorwegian like this

#35 knez, Toxic Admin

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2484 posts
  • 29933 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 14:28

Im not friend of yours but aye, as far as i am concerned i can vouch for you to host the server if you managed to fix that high CPU usage problem. On the other hand im not really sure how much players are going to play there, as it might affect our EU servers as well
  • Dan the Chef likes this

#36 Arcar, We do the same, i just do it better than you.

Arcar
  • Member of OT
  • 1378 posts
  • 62185 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 14:29

its not like you are as bad as other skytime xd

#37 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 1718 posts
  • 27772 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 15:13

As pointed out already, this community (not everyone) tends to try to give new players (of the mod) a rough time. If you can ignore or deal with this lightheartedly then you'll be well able for it. So far you've shown your good intentions and that's always a good sign. 

Yeah what SkyTime said, you seem like one of the rare newcomers to the mod that are worth having around

Good luck on your hunt for Homer!

#38 Dan the Chef

Dan the Chef
  • Member of Chef
  • 50 posts
  • 2739 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 17:01

Im not friend of yours but aye, as far as i am concerned i can vouch for you to host the server if you managed to fix that high CPU usage problem. On the other hand im not really sure how much players are going to play there, as it might affect our EU servers as well

I think there if a NA server was put up, there could be a peak of like 60-70 players. I've been slowing introducing NAs to my clan and I've got 10 or so to consistently play during the day. Most of those guys have school and work and the like so they can't do anything during happy hour. I think I can easily introduce a bunch more if a NA server was put up.
  • Noorwegian likes this

#39 Noorwegian

Noorwegian
  • 67 posts
  • 701 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 17:11

I think there if a NA server was put up, there could be a peak of like 60-70 players. I've been slowing introducing NAs to my clan and I've got 10 or so to consistently play during the day. Most of those guys have school and work and the like so they can't do anything during happy hour. I think I can easily introduce a bunch more if a NA server was put up.

I definitely agree with you, and I think that the lack of NA servers has made a lot of NA players steer away from Mercs unfortunately. If there had been a NA server there I think there would have definitely been a lot of new players coming in. I'm willing to set up several NA servers if there's the interest for it (which there definitely is I believe) and if I get the go-ahead from Homer.

Not to say that I'm not willing to set up additional EU servers for CWs and such, but yeah. It's whatever I get the permission from Homer to do I'll do.

Edited by Noorwegian, 15 August 2017 - 17:11.

• SkyTime likes this

#40 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7166 posts
  • 22770 kills

Posted 15 August 2017 - 17:44

its not like you are as bad as other skytime xd

I'm bad in a different way, and that makes me a better person than the other shitlords in this community bruh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users