Update: v1.032

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 14:58

• Added a perk system, improved the character page.
  • Added new items and reworked some items a bit.*
  • Fixed item weights. **
  • Made the Light Crossbow reloadable on a horseback (while moving).
  • Modified the thrusting attack animation of two-handed weapon.
  • Added 1 new banner and 2 private clan banners (Gnni and LV).
  • Reworked admin tools.
  • Now you can remove most of your characters but you’ll be asked for a password.
  • Now you can’t fight without foot armor.
Also, I was going to revise weapon characteristics but it may take a lot of time so I decided to release the update first. Also, I have aligned armor thumbnails so you should press F5 when you’re in the marketplace.

* New items: Cleaver (alt.), Broad Sarranid Sword, Heavy Sarranid Sword, Great Knife, Masterwork Claymore (rare), Pelt Coat, Red/Green Surcoat over Mail, Nomad Fur Cap, Steppe Fur Cap, Round Kettle Hat, Cylindrical Kettle Hat.

Reworked items: Strange Sword, Barbed Two-Hander (Butcher’s Sword), Large Club, Bell-Shaped Helmet, Pigface Klappvisor, Flat Full Helm (Full Helm) and some other.

** Weights used to be incorrect for some items. An item weigh can only be a multiple of 0.25 and when it’s rounded we get 0.3, 1.3, 2.8 etc.

*** The new animation makes an attack shorter (-20 units) and a bit slower.
Animation Comparison (Click to Show)
Perks
You can train a perk on the character page. It will cost you some gold and skill points. When you reset characteristics, you lose all your perks.

Pickpocketing works this way: when you backstabbing an enemy with a dagger, you steal his current round earnings. If he didn’t earn any gold this round, there’s nothing to steal. The enemy may return his gold back by killing you (with any weapon).

#2 MrZeppo, I literally died of AFKing

MrZeppo
  • Member of CWs
  • 671 posts
  • 16923 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 14:59

Nice!
Great and big update, awesome to see that you really listen to us :D(even though we already knew it)
Edit:omfg claymores, estonish is going to be crazy

#3 Leonidas300, Le Mercenarié

Leonidas300
  • 1070 posts
  • 41014 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 14:59

Awesome!

The pickpocketing perk sounds just amazing :D

#4 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:03

Great!

Few things though. First of all, love the + - keys in the Character screen.
Second, what about people who bought the Butcher's when it was more expensive, do they still get same amount of money when they sell it with the new price as they would have gotten with previous one?

#5 FireAssassin, Ingame-Admin

FireAssassin
  • 46 posts
  • 5431 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:04

Nice update :D

#6 Lt, Becoming more and more Spanish by the minute.

Lt
  • Member of Korpi
  • 905 posts
  • 22752 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:04

Why didn't Korpi get its own banner? It was posted to the banner thread and early used in ENL bannerpacks.

Oh and I can't even play. For some reason my Warband crashes every time after the loading screen. This happens only in mercenaries mod.

#7 Ajokoira, Demigod of Korpi

Ajokoira
  • Member of Korpi
  • 33 posts
  • 861 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:11

LT +1 wheres korpi´s banner?????

#8 Lew, Jew

Lew
  • Member of Balamory
  • 205 posts
  • 40335 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:21

Hiya, For some reason i cant send any gold to other Characters... Please help

#9 SuckerPunch, Darn, it'sa me SnowBlind

SuckerPunch
  • Member of Templars
  • 92 posts
  • 4818 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:28

About the Horse Crossbower, will you still be slower while reloading and will it still take longer?

#10 VicTrix

VicTrix
  • Member of IR
  • 2 posts
  • 634 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:47

Hello can you send me a link to download??
Thank you.

#11 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 15:48

LV and GNNI banners aren't shown in the banner list. Just choose "Use Faction Banner" to use a banner of your clan.

About the Horse Crossbower, will you still be slower while reloading and will it still take longer?

Yes, it moves slower and reloading takes more time if you compare with a foot crossbowman.

LT +1 wheres korpi´s banner?????

The banner doesn't meet requirements and I had no time to make a new one.

Second, what about people who bought the Butcher's when it was more expensive, do they still get same amount of money when they sell it with the new price as they would have gotten with previous one?

There are not too much people who had it. I'll compensate the gold loss.

Hello can you send me a link to download??

Just press Start and type "Force Update" or "Mercenaries" to start the Mercenaries Updater. Or download the full setup file. The links can be found on the main page (Installation Instructions) but it's recommended to use the updater.

Hiya, For some reason i cant send any gold to other Characters... Please help

Just fill up the fields with correct input and the "Send" button will be turned on.

#12 SuckerPunch, Darn, it'sa me SnowBlind

SuckerPunch
  • Member of Templars
  • 92 posts
  • 4818 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:03

Thx for the quick reply Homer, but one more question, to buy Perks I need to reset charecteristic, but when I reset again, what will happen with the perk(s? Will I get gold back? Or can I get the perk for free in the future? Or do I need to buy it again with new gold? And can I equip more then 1
perk same time?

Thanks!

#13 Lt, Becoming more and more Spanish by the minute.

Lt
  • Member of Korpi
  • 905 posts
  • 22752 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:08

You wont get the gold back... Just lost 12k because of that. Would have been nice if it would be mentioned in the resetting thing. Since Homer shouldn't expect everyone to read forums.

#14 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:10

You can train as many perks as you want. When you reset characteristics, you lose all of your perks without any compensation (you'll be warned about it). The feature is new and if you know how to improve it, please post your suggestions here: Perks.

#15 SuckerPunch, Darn, it'sa me SnowBlind

SuckerPunch
  • Member of Templars
  • 92 posts
  • 4818 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:11

You wont get the gold back... Just lost 12k because of that. Would have been nice if it would be mentioned...

Well, good that I was smarter in taht case and did first wait for other guys testnig or a reply by Homer :)

#16 Lt, Becoming more and more Spanish by the minute.

Lt
  • Member of Korpi
  • 905 posts
  • 22752 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:14

Where it warns about losing the perks?

#17 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:15

You wont get the gold back... Just lost 12k because of that. Would have been nice if it would be mentioned in the resetting thing. Since anyone shouldn't expect people read forums.

When you're resetting characteristics it says you "you will lose all special abilities!" and it asks you for a password.

#18 Lt, Becoming more and more Spanish by the minute.

Lt
  • Member of Korpi
  • 905 posts
  • 22752 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:18

Oh, didn't know it meant like durn skill points.

Just to say it might be more clear if it would say "You will also lose your perks" or something. Since not all players understand English so well.

#19 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:37

Yeah, sorry. Now it says "you will lose all perks" and I'll return your gold.

#20 Lt, Becoming more and more Spanish by the minute.

Lt
  • Member of Korpi
  • 905 posts
  • 22752 kills

Posted 23 October 2012 - 16:39

Thank you a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users