Photo
- - - - -

Fishy's Grand Gold Giveaway

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Deadline (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the deadline for handing in assignments be pushed back?

1. No, keep it as it is on the 23rd of April 23:59 (34 votes [64.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.15%

2. Yes, extend it to the 24th of April 23:59 (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

3. Yes, extend it to the 25th of April 23:59 (4 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

4. Yes, it should be pushed back an entire week to the 30th of April. (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TerrorFish, Fish is on a quest to get famous

TerrorFish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1370 posts
  • 19014 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:58

Fishy's Birthday Giveaway

Since it is my birthday in 5 days, and I have a bit too much gold I've decided to go full Sinterklaas Click on it >;(  and give away a bunch of my gold. 

latest?cb=20100105182925

How do I get goleds?

The way this will work is rather simple:
I am going to give away 160k, however I am not going to give it away as one large sum. Instead I have split it up in a number of smaller sums.
To get any of these sums you will have to complete a small assignment, in 6 days I shall see who, in my opinion, delivered the best product for each assignment and that person shall receive that part of the 160k.

What are the different prizes
The 160k will be split up into 8 prizes:

One 40k prize

One 25k prize
One 20k prizes
Two 15k prizes
One 10k prize
One 5k prize
One 30k lottery*

Mr Trygtato has generously donated another 20k to this event which will form another assignment you can complete which brings the grand total to 180k.

* tax not included in any of them

The assignments

For the 9 different prizes there will be 9 assignments, which are as follows:

40k Assignment: Make an epic image battle scene

For this assignment you are to make an image of my in-game character in an epic battle scene. You can be as creative as you want in terms of how it will look or what the scene will be, however there are some rules and guidelines:

1. It has to be an epic picture so basically, the word "epic" should be a good description of it and when I first see it, epic should be the first thing that comes to mind. 
  2. There needs to be a clear appearance of my in-game character, preferably make it the main focus. (there are pictures for the character below)
  3. You can make the image in any way you want, whether you prefer Photoshop, paint, drawing it with a pencil, or cutting out pictures and glueing them together ;)

Screenshots for the character can be found here. Both the sword and great hammer or something close to that is allowed in terms of weaponry for the character.

25k Assignment: Make a birthday card

Since I am giving away a bunch of gold the day after my birthday, I also want a birthday card. There aren't really rules for this one, but I can give you some tips:

1. Putting in a joke or more can really help.
  2. Making it Fish related can really help as well.
  3. If you want to use a name, you can use either my gamename (or something close to that i.e. "Fishy" or "Terror") or you can use the name "Max", it's all up to you.
  4. Just like the last one it's up to you how you want to make the image, photoshop, drawing etc.   go nuts ;p

20k Assignment A: Why should you get...

By far the easiest assignment of all. Write a small piece about why I should give you this 20k. Why do you think you deserve this prize. This assignment is completely empty, you can write simply what you will buy or write some story about how your pet rat abandoned you and the gold shall be used to find him.

Both are acceptable though one of them has quite a larger chance of winning over the other one :)

20k Assignment B: Tryg's Pic your Tato
Since mr Tryg has generously donated 20k, he gets his own assignment ;D
For this assignment you need to make a picture of your best looking potato IRL while holding up a note that says "I love potatoes".
Thanks Tryg :3

15k Assignment A: Write a poem

For this prize you have to write a small poem related to Fish. I don't care if it's about eating them, hoarding them or whatever. However:

1. It has to be at least 5 lines
  2. Rhyming is optional but nice to have
  3. Again, funny stuff/jokes can get you some extra points.

15k Assignment B: Show me your Fish

For this assignment I want you to make a picture of your aquarium, your friend's pond in the backyard, whatever. I just want a cool picture of a Fish. There is one rule however:

·         In the picture you have to hold up a note proving that you(or a friend irl ofc) made the pic. I only have to see the note, and it has to contain the word "potato"

10k Assignment: Make a fishy meme

For this assignment all you have to do is make a funny meme about a (or more) Fish. The only rule:

·         You have to make the meme yourself, so none of that pre made shit from meme generator or something, I want you to find a pic yourself and put a joke on it.

5k Assignment: Find the funniest whatever

Again a really open assignment. All I want for this one is the funniest whatever you can find. It can be a meme from 9gag or reddit, some vid on youtube, I don't care. I just want to see the funniest internet thing you got ;p

However, it has to be one single thing, one vid/one post etc

30k Lottery

People can choose a number from 1-200 and I shall find a website to pick a random number. Or just write a program for it myself ;)

Rules

There are a couple extra rules that come with this giveaway:

Multiple prizes

One man can't win them all.

To keep it a bit fair, it's not possible for 1 person to win all the prizes, so I have thought of a couple rules for this:

1. A single person can win 2 prizes at most not including the lottery
  2. You can only win 2 prizes, however you can try for all the prizes. For example: One can try for the 40k, 15k and 10k prize but only win the 40k. The more prizes you try for, the bigger the chance you actually win one of them.
  3. In the unlikely event that someone tries for multiple assignments and actually wins more than 2, the two highest rewards will be chosen and the other prizes you would have won will be given to the second place.
  4. No matter how many prizes you win, everyone who enters the lottery can win it.

Other rules

1. If I as admin warn you in-game before the end of the contest, and you do win a prize, I will take away 5% of it and add it to the lottery. (this includes reports)
  2. If you try to enter multiple times for the same assignment using different accounts, you will be disqualified.
  3. If you want to enter, you need at least 1000 kills

How to enter

If you wish to enter for one or more of the assignments, you can do that in 3 different ways:

·         You simply post in this thread in what assignments you are entering and in spoilers you put the entries. (You don't have to do it all at once, you can for example put in a number for the lottery now and post a pic for something else later.

·         You can send me a pm on the forum*

·         You can send them directly to me on steam*      http://steamcommunit.../id/TerrorFish/

·         To enter the lottery you simply have to post here saying you want to enter the lottery and tell me what number.

* This is for people who don't want to make their entries public just yet, however I will be posting all entries after the giveaway is over unless you specifically ask me not to.

entry example (Click to Show)

End date

I'm still considering pushing the date back a day or 2 but for now, you can enter for prizes until the end of my birthday; 23rd of April 23:59.

I wanted to post this saturday and give the gold on my birthday but seeing as rip forum...

Spoiler (Click to Show)

TL:DR Do shit, git gold

Taken lottery numbers:

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Edited by TerrorFish, 20 April 2016 - 07:15.

• MitsukiAkai, Tatsumi, Purin and 5 others like this

#2 Trace_Legacy, COME! We trade huehuehue!

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1067 posts
  • 33309 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:06

No thx i don't need a0cb59fa53857e52b24761d25e32c1e8.png

#3 knez, Constitutional Peasant

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2152 posts
  • 28417 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:07

Why should i get 20k? I"m knez, thats why. But nah, im not gonna participate in this, but this is nice way to feed your ego.

#4 Trace_Legacy, COME! We trade huehuehue!

Trace_Legacy
  • Member of SKoD
  • 1067 posts
  • 33309 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:10

Why should i get 20k? I"m knez, thats why. But nah, im not gonna participate in this, but this is nice way to feed your ego.

Ikr lol

#5 Jannern, Alecks is my spanish housekeeper

Jannern
  • Member of Folly
  • 179 posts
  • 32566 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:21

reserved spot for my epic failures in this thing

Lottery

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Edited by Jannern, 18 April 2016 - 09:30.

#6 xXCRUS4D3RXx, I'm Mättis who are you?

xXCRUS4D3RXx
  • Member of SwordSaint
  • 150 posts
  • 45834 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:31

I should get the 20k coz I am the chosen one...i mean i am FusRoDa mate, isnt that enough? Nah fishy I like u, u are just the best admin, resolve the most reports, thats cool to have such an admin, and this idea is also cool for some players, like u and I hope I will win coz I am childish! Yay

Edited by xXCRUS4D3RXx, 21 April 2016 - 05:16.

#7 spikeywhite

spikeywhite
  • 188 posts
  • 25529 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:35

lottery m8 i go 4 number 173

#8 The Smiling Knight, Hollow

The Smiling Knight
  • Member of Emperium
  • 26 posts
  • 16502 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:39

I want to participate in the following: MEME CONTEST

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Spoiler (Click to Show)

MEMETIC HISTORY: http://knowyourmeme....it-this-is-bait

memememememeememes

and lets go lottery NUMBER 137

Edited by The Smiling Knight, 18 April 2016 - 09:40.

#9 Worny, •} {•

Worny
  • Member of Anottra
  • 985 posts
  • 7447 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:43

Maybe will do some shit, reserved.

Lottery number : 83

#10 Sf, https://youtu.be/KlgfqddpEEc

Sf
  • Member of Venice
  • 772 posts
  • 20051 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:47

Lottery number obv 88.

i can get ur steam account locked for this as you need to be 13 to register!!11!

Edited by Sf, 18 April 2016 - 09:48.

#11 TerrorFish, Fish is on a quest to get famous

TerrorFish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1370 posts
  • 19014 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:05

Sorry mate,

reserved spot for my epic failures in this thing

88 is taken

#12 AleksAnder, Hasta la vista

AleksAnder
  • Member of Folly
  • 224 posts
  • 7041 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:20

My lucky number will be... 4! Also isn't that unfair you give us gold on your birthday :v?

E: Ah ok, got it. Forgot there is external link about Sinterklaas

Edited by AleksAnder, 18 April 2016 - 10:33.

#13 Worny, •} {•

Worny
  • Member of Anottra
  • 985 posts
  • 7447 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:21

SHUSH

#14 greenknight

greenknight
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 12 posts
  • 11733 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:25

Lottery: 101

#15 TerrorFish, Fish is on a quest to get famous

TerrorFish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1370 posts
  • 19014 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:31

My lucky number will be... 4! Also isn't that unfair you give us gold on your birthday :v?

Sinterklaas

Read it bud ;p

#16 Gojkov

Gojkov
  • Member of Genesis
  • 251 posts
  • 6374 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:35

Lottery number: 73

20k Assignment - Why should you get:

Spoiler (Click to Show)

5k Assignment - Find the funniest whatever:

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Edited by Gojkov, 18 April 2016 - 10:48.

#17 BearGrylls, Papa

BearGrylls
  • Member of Crusade
  • 526 posts
  • 52541 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:36

gut idea, i should do tha... NO. Ill take my gold into the grave!

#18 greenknight

greenknight
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 12 posts
  • 11733 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:38

why i should get the 20k : im a nab at this game and need some gold for better equipment

#19 Matt_, Witness of the great elevator cucking of Nomes 2k15

Matt_
  • Member of Crusade
  • 406 posts
  • 20500 kills

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:54

I WISH TO ENTER THE LOTTERY

NUMBER: 28

#20 Purin, Really fat nerd

Purin
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 652 posts