• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 06 October 2012 - 22:35

Mercenaries official ruleset so that nobody can argue of another team 'breaking rules'.

Remember, not everything can be supervised at all the time, so courtesy and sense of that much spoken honour is much needed. Even if you could change your build midrounds, don't do it.

Suggestions are welcome, but they will go through heavy consideration and discussion before being accepted.

1. Round time limit 5 minutes. Combat speed Medium. Friendly fire 100%, Respawn time 8 seconds.

2. Round amount in total is 20 rounds. These will be divided over 2 maps.
- 5 rounds, side switch, 5 round, map switch, 5 rounds, side switch, 5 rounds.
- In case of a draw, no extra rounds will be played.

- If no match is fought, no points will be awarded.

- If opponent leaves during the match, the remaining opponent will be granted victory of the remaining rounds.

3. Flags count as a point to the winning team.

4. Character/build changing between rounds is not allowed. When map or spawn changes, it however is allowed.
- This is to force the teams to consider their tactics, and not allowing them to change their build each round to counter the enemy tactics. This means you can't switch to archerspam against 2h, cavalryspam against shielders etc.
You chose to have assassins against cavalry, you play as assassins.
- Does not include changing gear on same character.

5. Unless both teams agree to something else for the whole match, teams should be 8vs8. Official matches minimum has to be 6vs6, and maximum 10vs10.

6. Spectator view locked to teammembers view.

7. Admins are not allowed to ban anyone, unless someone gets on the game that is not supposed to be there, and even then only if kicking doesn't prevent them from returning. If necessary, change password.

8. Delaying, running, hit-and-run etc are allowed.

9. Usage of mercenaries on your team is allowed. However, in official matches limit of mercenaries is 2.

10. Maps are decided between the persons setting up the match at least 6 hours prior. Both clans choose one (1) map that they want to play.

11. Players can be switched at any time, but the before-mentioned rule of not changing builds still stands. That said, you should not change player, change build, get back on, and change player again.

12. Only mercenary class should be used.

13. No restarts midrounds. Allowed on start of quarter (side switch or map switch).

14. Official matches require a referee.

15. Take screenshots at end of quarter. The system saves the score, but screenshots are good to have if something goes wrong.

To referees:
- Remember to start the clanwar.
- Remember to check the options (Timer, friendly fire, respawn, autobalance, spectator camera)

Changelog:

Spoiler (Click to Show)

Edited by sandorra, 12 October 2014 - 17:38.

#2 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3963 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 06 October 2012 - 22:43

kthxbai.

#3 Cleomenes, Fewer.

Cleomenes
  • Member of Sly
  • 3805 posts
  • 38290 kills

Posted 06 October 2012 - 22:56

Sticky this?

E
Running away on a HA every round to force a draw, EVERYROUND Is allowed?

#4 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:09

That would work only in theory, considering that if a horse runs away, the flags will spawn. If it keeps staying in close enough range not to spawn the flags, it's within throwing distance. In closed maps, this won't be a problem. Open maps would ofcourse be bit more of a problem, but the HA would need to stay alive and keep close enough. Cavalry can counter him then, or archers

And if he forces draw on 20 of 20 rounds, neither team wins

#5 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:13

Haha! I know what to do when I'm bored! Heavy HA mercenary is offering his services for a decent sum of gold!

#6 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1616 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:06

''No archerspam against 2h, cavalryspam against shielders etc.''

How about instead makeing it a maximum number of cav/archers?since i think if you go 2h there is a chance you migth get shot since you do not take a shield, 2h is way more OP in melee. that way we can prevent archer/cav spaming and the match woud be allot more fun?

#7 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:09

So, you're saying that after random battles 2h has to be the most OP class in CW's too?

#8 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:09

Ah, I think you misunderstood me. On that sentence I meant that you can't switch your whole team to archers when the opponent pulls out their 2h etc. That is not a rule, your team can consist of naked unarmed men and women if you so wish. I was just giving out examples

Edit: changed the sentence, maybe it makes more sense now
Edit2: And if even that sounded strange, as it did to me right now, I mean your team can't change their class/build between rounds

#9 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:16

He means:

Your team is full 1h/shield/polearms

Enemy team is OP faggot 2h gayspammerfaggots (yes, used faggot twice)

You lose every round (6 rounds in a row, same map all the time) due to OP-laser shooting 2h's.

At this point you can't change characters or builds to get some archers fielded. You have to wait for the next map to do so.

#10 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:19

5 rounds. I could most likely add there that it is allowed during side switch.
And there's ofcourse the question, why on earth didn't you have a single archer on field?

#11 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1288 posts
  • 30782 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:21

5 rounds. I could most likely add there that it is allowed during side switch.
And there's ofcourse the question, why on earth didn't you have a single archer on field?

Giving an extreme example.

#12 Lars, Apparently LV leader

Lars
  • Member of LV
  • 639 posts
  • 9153 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:46

Yes, I approve of these rules.

Now everyone can see that delaying IS allowed in a CW.

#13 daniisme

daniisme
  • 149 posts
  • 7491 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:55

Roran, shielders will overpower 2 handers if there is teamplay.

And I think 2h there should be a maximum number of 2h's in one team.

But that's stuipd >_>

#14 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3963 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:24

No class limits, its up to the leaders to arrange their teams.

And yes, I am glad the delaying/running away rule is specified. This way we won't have retarded admins like Gwaihir just joining the server, fucking shit up and then leaving, leaving us to clear it out. :|

#15 lancerlot, God of Food

lancerlot
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1616 posts
  • 24259 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:45

+1 jock

Also I think you shoud be abel to change class whenever you wish aslong It does not interupt the match.

It's just silly to not be abel to imo.. I mean in native clanwars you can switch class if you wish and that works fine there.

#16 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6245 posts
  • 25154 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:20

That was pretty much the rule that I gave biggest thought to. The downside of it is exactly that, if you made bad mistakes, you'd have to deal with them. The upside compared to native is that you can't switch between fullplate 2h infantry, heavy cavalry and warbow archer as easily.
Yes, in native you can switch classes at any time, however there the amount of gold is lower, and you have to buy gear every time you die. In Mercenaries your gear is all set up.

I'll add a poll to find out the thoughts of people regarding this rule.

Given more thought, character/build changing does not include gear changing. If you use one character that has everything from assassin gear to heavy cavalry, feel free to change

#17 SkyTime, κ = kappa

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 5271 posts
  • 21369 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:59

Switching your character/build would require you to rejoin the game which interupts the match, so no. You should only be allowed to switch characters/build after 5 rounds when sides are switched or the map changes.

Switching gear is a different thing and if you play a character like Valtsu which can be archer, cavalry, shielder and a 2h'er at the same time, it's your choice. Gear is different.
  • Foley likes this

#18 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3963 posts
  • 17772 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:12

In Native you can change your class and equipment. I don't understand why it should be restricted here. If you die, you can quickly choose the new items/stats on the site and then quickly rejoin. I see no problem there.

#19 SkyTime, κ = kappa

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 5271 posts
  • 21369 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:32

Most likely it just ends up in people messing up and interupting the match because people can even suck at rejoining. So one team ends up with one player less and bitching starts.

Just easier to not to do it.

#20 Cleomenes, Fewer.

Cleomenes
  • Member of Sly
  • 3805 posts
  • 38290 kills

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:34

Most likely it just ends up in people messing up and interupting the match because people can even suck at rejoining. So one team ends up with one player less and bitching starts.

Just easier to not to do it.

Had that problem before...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users