Photo
* * * * - 42 votes

Band Of Cydonia [BOC]

• Please log in to reply
4423 replies to this topic

#4121 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 09 February 2017 - 16:02

"What happens when Skytime..." (Click to Show)

"...and Tryggie decide to GL/rocket the same location?" (Click to Show)

"Dear sweet baby jesus, who packed the Ayyyy" s full of explosives? (Click to Show)

I d consider this a mercy-kill after witnessing what happened to their comrades. (Click to Show)

"Hugo ends the life of a shocked lancer. (Get it? It has a sword that is electric? Screw you, thats a funny joke)." (Click to Show)

"Hearing the explosion, the reinforcements are sent to investigate what happened. Doesn" t end well, I'll tell you. (Click to Show)

"Another one bites the dust..." (Click to Show)

"Tryggie seems to like the new gun he got, hasn" t missed yet. (Click to Show)

"Sandorra is on a killing-spree" (Click to Show)

"I think Skytime has forgotten he has an AK as well as an GL." (Click to Show)

"Mere seconds before obliteration." (Click to Show)

"Another successful mission." (Click to Show)

"Fun fact: No Ayyyy was alive long enough to take a shot at us." (Click to Show)

"I think achieving that, the squad should get a special surprise once they get back to base..." (Click to Show)

"Sandorra gets his promotion finally." (Click to Show)

"Kills are divided quite evenly amongst the squad. A bit surprised about that." (Click to Show)

"Wait a second, where the hell is the squad?" (Click to Show)

"This is new. Never seen Merc-squaders in the training room before." (Click to Show)

"At least some people stick to their usual routine." (Click to Show)

"Finally, had me a bit worried there. The bar is there for a reason, goddamnit!" (Click to Show)

Now, I wasn't sure if I'd be upgrading the squads weaponry after researching the laser-tier weapons, but the bumb in damage is ridiculous. For example, Bear's PKM does 3-5 damage per shot and the laser cannon does 5-7 damage. Screw aesthetics, we got some Ayyyyy's to murder.

"Laser weapons also give +5 % aim compared to the realistic guns so...." (Click to Show)

"Demon gets a nice little "Scatter-ray"." (Click to Show)

"Not sure why I gave Skytime an upgraded primary, he rarely uses it." (Click to Show)

"Niets gets the SMG-Laser for improved sneakiness." (Click to Show)

"I wonder if Sandorras sawed-off got upgraded as well. Would be silly because it already does 4x damage compared to other weapons, as long as you are hugging the Ayyyyyy" s. (Click to Show)

Bear s laser cannon is already heating up before he has even shot it. It knows the amount of suppression going on per mission and is already overheated. (Click to Show)

"I wonder if I can add a laser sight to the laser weapons. Would be funny." (Click to Show)

• SkyTime, Hugoboss, BearGrylls and 2 others like this

#4122 BearGrylls, Papa

BearGrylls
  • Member of Crusade
  • 490 posts
  • 52413 kills

Posted 09 February 2017 - 17:29

thats one big ass weapon

#4123 Vangen101, Tryg, Spreading salty Potatoes

Vangen101
  • Member of Crusade
  • 517 posts
  • 25105 kills

Posted 09 February 2017 - 18:01

When the boom is too boom-ish.

#4124 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 11 February 2017 - 16:36

Ah XCOM's Long War-mod makers, I really love how you amp up the difficulty between missions.

So the Ayyyyyyyy's decided they need to amp up their defenses. Not a great thing to see on the 2nd turn of a mission.... (Click to Show)

#4125 Vangen101, Tryg, Spreading salty Potatoes

Vangen101
  • Member of Crusade
  • 517 posts
  • 25105 kills

Posted 11 February 2017 - 23:40

Found a manual on how to solve that problem for you.

Manual (Click to Show)

• LastKnightOfCydonia likes this

#4126 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6601 posts
  • 25432 kills

Posted 11 February 2017 - 23:49

I don't see any transformers there

#4127 BearGrylls, Papa

BearGrylls
  • Member of Crusade
  • 490 posts
  • 52413 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:32

Spoiler (Click to Show)

• LastKnightOfCydonia and Vangen101 like this

#4128 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:26

Excellent tactical advice from Tryggie and Bear, now lets see how first lieutenant Cydonia and his squad of corporals handled the situation.

First off, Hugo really needs to stop being the center of attention on the main menu. (Click to Show)

"Guys, you forgot to pose for the picture,,,guys?" (Click to Show)

Its almost as if the squad knows whats going to happen on the next mission before I did. (Click to Show)

In XCOM, we don't know what spacing means during an armed operation. (Click to Show)

Luckily, it seems like the Ayyyyyy's also want to bunch up into groups of bazillion. "Light enemy resistance" my ass. (Click to Show)

Tryggie. you were on the right track with your suggestion, unfortunately 1 of your rockets is enough to cover the whole Ayyyyyyy pile. (Click to Show)

No pressure, but if this doesn't wipe out half of them, we are royally fucked. (Click to Show)

Alright, that helps. The added mental shock of seeing your Ayyyyy-companions get blown to smithereens before they saw any of our operatives is just an added bonus. (Click to Show)

Demon starts exterminating the pesky snakes that scattered after the explosion. (Click to Show)

Hugo also wants to make a big boom. (Click to Show)

Not bad, not bad at all. (Click to Show)

Thanks to our upgraded laser-weapons (thank god), Bear's suppression lights up the whole map in a nice red tint. (Click to Show)

Sandorra taking care of the mindmelters. God I hate those. (Click to Show)

I like this pistol. Makes a hell of a lot of mess when fired. (Click to Show)

Niets decides to add insult to injury and throws one of his axes at the Ayyyyy. I'm guessing it hurt because the Ayyyyy disappeared completely. (Click to Show)

Bear keeping up the suppression as one of the snakes tries to escape the beams of death. (Click to Show)

Snakes are smart, one of them grabbed Demon for a closer inspection. Hard time shooting an enemy that is wrapped around a teammate. (Click to Show)

Bear keeping up the barrage despite Demon being in the middle of it. Brutal. (Click to Show)

Niets decides to save Demon by slicing up the snake with his axe. (shitty screen, I know. Blame the cameraman.) (Click to Show)

Tryggie blows some more stuff up. (Click to Show)

Did I forgot to mention that Demon has a grappling suit now? Great for those flanking shotgun-runs. (Click to Show)

Hello there, have some lasers. (Click to Show)

Barely finished with the first pod and out comes a second pod, of equal size. Skytime, your time to shine. (Click to Show)

Not bad, lacks the bravado of Tryggies rockets but it gets the job done, nonetheless. (Click to Show)

Goddamn Ayyyy's, stop trying to flank us! (Click to Show)

Lucky for us, the Ayyyyy's on this mission seem to disregard any high cover and settle for low cover. Makes it easier to hit them. (Click to Show)

Hugo crossing the streams with Bear (who is once again suppressing the shit out of the Ayyyyyyy) (Click to Show)

Ayyyyy's decide to shoot back but luckily miss Bear who, thanks to a missclick, was left standing in the open with no cover. Upsan. (Click to Show)

The Ayyyy is confused on how the hell did he miss such a perfect shot. (Click to Show)

One of the mindmelters tries to turn us into plasma. Misses by a mile. (Click to Show)

Sandorra seems to dislike the drones. Keeps pumping them full of sawed-off. (Click to Show)

Hugo turns Ayyyy's into ballerinas. (Click to Show)

Bear doing what he does best. (Click to Show)

Niets getting up close and personal. (Click to Show)

I decide that I have a better shot at the Ayyyyy's if I go stand in the middle of a flaming inferno. How smart is that? (Click to Show)

Luckily Hugo sends his companion to soothe my nerves as I start screaming in panic about "FIRE IS HOT, HOW THE FUCK DID I FORGOT THAT, OW" (Click to Show)

And a turn later I've completely forgot why you should avoid fire and continue shooting while standing in it. (Click to Show)

Niets lobbing grenades because axes don't go boom. (Click to Show)

Demon tries the longshot with a shotgun. (Click to Show)

Sit down and chill for a while, will you? (Click to Show)

Korpi-guys start mowing down some Ayyyyy. (Click to Show)

Odd seeing Skytime using his primary. (Click to Show)

I finally learn that I shouldn't stand in the fire while shooting (luckily the shooting animation doesn't make me take damage despite standing in fire) (Click to Show)

Skytime using his primary again, what is this sorcery? (Click to Show)

Hugo handling the turrets that miraculously appeared next to us. (Click to Show)

I test out a new ability I got on a long range shot. (Click to Show)

Seems to be working fine. Lasers make everything pretty. (Click to Show)

Fitting name for an operation. 35 Ayyyyy's dead in 8 turns. Holy fuck I tell you. (Click to Show)

Not a surprise that everybody gets promoted after that mission. (Click to Show)

Demon, despite being manhandled by a snake, survives without a wound thanks to some upgraded armour plating. (Click to Show)

Decide to give Hugo some new toys for keeping the squad healthy and sane during that mission. (Click to Show)

"That wasn't war, that was a massacre" (Click to Show)

No idea how but we survived pretty much impossible odds without taking any damage. Other squads have taken multiple wounds during missions and have faced way less enemies, I don't know what is it that makes the Merc-squad survive everything thats thrown at them. I fucking love it, though.

Edited by LastKnightOfCydonia, 12 February 2017 - 09:30.

• SkyTime, Hugoboss, BearGrylls and 2 others like this

#4129 Vangen101, Tryg, Spreading salty Potatoes

Vangen101
  • Member of Crusade
  • 517 posts
  • 25105 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:30

The damage on the rockets my char uses is insane :OOOO

I WANT MORE! MOREEEE!

#4130 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6601 posts
  • 25432 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:45

It's building up for when the hell really breaks loose, cyd

#4131 SkyTime, κ = kappa

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 5776 posts
  • 21514 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:14

Snakes are smart, one of them grabbed Demon for a closer inspection. Hard time shooting an enemy that is wrapped around a teammate. (Click to Show)

I've watched enough naruto to know where this is going

• Rangah likes this

#4132 Pickelus Custardus, white genocide now pls

Pickelus Custardus
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1071 posts
  • 3038 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:21

my experience with mercs in long war is that welsh lad was on one of my missions and caused 3 glitches, killing 1 squad member, the VIP and getting himself caught.

unfortunately i rescued him later.

• Welsh_Lad likes this

#4133 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:48

my experience with mercs in long war is that welsh lad was on one of my missions and caused 3 glitches, killing 1 squad member, the VIP and getting himself caught.

unfortunately i rescued him later.

Its the lack of sheep in XCOM that forces Welsh to glitch out.

• Welsh_Lad likes this

#4134 Hugoboss, Emperium's Kaiser, Senior Admin

Hugoboss
  • Member of Emperium
  • 3567 posts
  • 40485 kills

Posted 12 February 2017 - 21:18

HELL YEAH GREMLIM MK 2 DRONE

*runs around cheerful* 

#4135 knez, the Remov... nah, just Knez.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1832 posts
  • 24560 kills

Posted 13 February 2017 - 13:41

I find it interesting that nobody from this squad has died so far.

rigged.

#4136 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6601 posts
  • 25432 kills

Posted 13 February 2017 - 14:07

Now you jynxed it

#4137 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 13 February 2017 - 14:08

I find it interesting that nobody from this squad has died so far.

rigged.

You just wait until I accidentally put my own character at risk. Nothing is going to stop me from sacrificing the whole squad in order to make myself live a bit longer.

• Vangen101 likes this

#4138 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3229 posts
  • 20393 kills

Posted 13 February 2017 - 14:08

Now you jynxed it

jinxed*

#4139 piotes, Paella ain't admin anymore

piotes
  • Member of CI
  • 1299 posts
  • 18633 kills

Posted 17 February 2017 - 18:28

cydonnia please its been 4 days

#4140 knez, the Remov... nah, just Knez.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1832 posts
  • 24560 kills

Posted 17 February 2017 - 19:56

You all died while trying to rescue him.

ayy lmao

• Hugoboss likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users