Photo

EU Servers

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#41 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3462 posts
  • 20515 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:12

Hargorin, its more about the way Georgian uses "statistics", like he said earlier "80 % of players have bad ping on SE" and that "90 % of players now have balanced ping" that make me facepalm myself. I personally dont recognise a stable 20 ping from a stable 100 ping (I use the word stable because if you complain about your ping going 100 to 500 and then back, the fault is not in the server).

And I'm pretty sure only Scotty or perhaps Skytime might have said that "quit whining about your ping" when the SE servers were on and Georgian was going around yelling about his statistics.

The point is, that Homer and Frumor have been actively trying to find a way to provide a good compromise for a server for the mods playerbase. SE servers were populated and to be honest, not that many people complained about "unbalanced" or "bad" pings (If somebody was bitching about the ping in some private-chat system, it doesnt really help the situation). It's only been couple of days with the new EU servers, so some hiccups and problems can be expected (for example, ive noticed that the amount of players in the server during the morninghours have gone down, but I'm sure they'll be back to normal in a matter of days). I'd personally be happy if Georgian would stop using his "statistics" to prove his points. Hell, I could even go around saying stuff like "80 % of the players use the forums" and it would be as correct as Georgian's statements.

#42 Leonidas300, Le Mercenarié

Leonidas300
  • 1070 posts
  • 41014 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:21

Ok Ciddy, i understand your point, and when i mean balanced, doesnt mean that all those players have better ping it means that between the pings of all players there isnt so much difference and that makes the gameplay a lot more balanced, in SE server many players had more than 100 ping and many others less than 50 ping and this made the gameplay really unbalanced.

Also im writting by the mobile phone and i cant see a shit in the web page, just sayin'

#43 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7272 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:23

Well Georgian is known for exaggerating, talking about things he doesn't know, and bullshitting but he still has a some kind of a point though. People have better pings in Germany but that is not the case for everyone, I and Sandorra live in the same city and I had 16 ping at best in SE while he had barely 60-70. My ping in the GER servers are 40-60 now and the change is noticeable, though nothing too major. Your location doesn't necessarily mean a fuck, and neither does "getting a better internet" help, I had absolutely no change in ping with a 10/2 and 40/10.

And to be honest, I didn't see a noticeable change in active players with the SE servers and the current GER servers, at HH's it's usually at the playercap anyways and in the SE most of the douchebags weren't even playing which I approved of.

SE was good, and GER is good too. SE was just better for me, but I still prefer Germany over the others. Also, there's always someone who has problems. With SE Anton could play but Moolpar couldn't and in GER Anton can't play but Moolpar can.

I don't see the point for arguing about this for so many pages, I've pretty much just mentioned anything above, except the thing about retarded people, so now you don't have anything to add to this conversation.

Atleast now we have a server that is going to stay and atleast most of the players can play, opening yet more servers divides the playerbase too much. Let's reconsider that when Mercenaries is about the size of cRPG and I've stopped playing due to that.

#44 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3462 posts
  • 20515 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:30

To be honest, if the 60-80 millisecond difference is making the gameplay unbalanced in your opinion, then you take the game way too seriously. The average reaction time of a human being is about 200-220 milliseconds (if you say you react within 100 or less milliseconds, congratulations, you are officially a superhuman) so your brain (let alone your body) can barely even recognise how much 60 milliseconds is.

Of course, if you have a non-stable ping, then its unbalanced no matter where or how good the server is.

E:

I don't see the point for arguing about this for so many pages, I've pretty much just mentioned anything above, except the thing about retarded people, so now you don't have anything to add to this conversation.

Thanks, your superior typing speed makes me look like a retard now :D

#45 SkyTime, Ranga

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7272 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 14:55

You know Cydonia how it should be exactly the other way around :D

#46 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4471 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:30

Ping isnt the only thing that makes you lag, i lag when there are loads of players on, even if i have good ping, why is that?

#47 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:33

FPS-Shit server?

#48 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:34

Ping isnt the only thing that makes you lag, i lag when there are loads of players on, even if i have good ping, why is that?

Crappy PC? :D

#49 Frumor

Frumor
  • 437 posts
  • 6011 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:38

It's most likely your PC if you lag when many players are on. To test this, when you start the game use the preconfig settings to enable "Show Framerate". If you have low fps in game it's your pc causing the lag.

#50 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4471 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:45

It's most likely your PC if you lag when many players are on. To test this, when you start the game use the preconfig settings to enable "Show Framerate". If you have low fps in game it's your pc causing the lag.

Oh, well it probably is my PC, it isnt great, and its quite old now

#51 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:49

OK NVM MY WHINY!!

Sorry Geo for insults BUT

29 PING XD
Just got it after a day of playing

#52 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18376 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:55

Just DCd, also, ping is higher than in other German servers.

#53 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 17:38

The server will be restarted after the happy hour. It will be removed from the favorites so you'll need to find it in the server list again. I hope the ping problem will be solved because now the server has a great network connection.

If you still have some problems, it's either your bad connection or some hidden server problem. :s

#54 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 05 September 2012 - 19:39

Yey

I have a 90 lower ping! :D

27 :DD

#55 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of OT
  • 6734 posts
  • 47922 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:33

My Ping is arround 40

#56 Viator, the White Wolf

Viator
  • Member of Dayne
  • 1657 posts
  • 34855 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:54

The server will be restarted after the happy hour. It will be removed from the favorites so you'll need to find it in the server list again. I hope the ping problem will be solved because now the server has a great network connection.

If you still have some problems, it's either your bad connection or some hidden server problem. :s

Homer, I cant see EU1 server in the server list, but EU2 and EU3.....

#57 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 13:20

It's in the list, just wait until all the servers are loaded and order them by module.

And what about the disconnection issue?

#58 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 47656 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 15:21

It's fixed as far as I know

Now, only one quest left for you Homer

UPDATEEE :D

#59 Hargorin, crAzY Kampschwimmer

Hargorin
  • Member of Ariera
  • 763 posts
  • 21816 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 15:35

Mmmh, same problem like Rock Solid since the last restar from the server, just found EU 2 and 3, but I didn't found 200 servers, so I think, or I know that my internet is crappy. I hope my damn village will get our new internet -.-

#60 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7712 posts
  • 26266 kills

Posted 06 September 2012 - 16:00

To everyone not finding servers, try putting up filters to search only mercenaries servers. Refreshes faster, you see more quickly if the server showed up or not, and can refresh if need be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users