Photo

Short-Tailed Sallet with Mask

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Poll: Short-Tailed Sallet with Mask (304 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Short-Tailed Sallet with Mask to be returned to the marketplace?

1. Restore the black version of the helmet. (212 votes [69.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.74%

2. Restore the helmet but replace it with a brown version (find it in the first post). (46 votes [15.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.13%

3. I don't like the both versions. (46 votes [15.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1177 posts
  • 16965 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:34

It didn't. Neither did some of the other armors in Mercs but that's not the point, it's about the item being good quality and being able to fit with a multitude of different armor combinations without looking out of place. And the masked Sallet just doesn't do that.

#42 Sleekphantom, Laghairt eitilt Éire. Ladmin.

Sleekphantom
  • Member of Fratres
  • 1251 posts
  • 25648 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:51

It didn't. Neither did some of the other armors in Mercs but that's not the point, it's about the item being good quality and being able to fit with a multitude of different armor combinations without looking out of place. And the masked Sallet just doesn't do that.

False. I'm biased on this, but I think it suits my archer looks better than other helmets.

If you were to tamper around with different builds and equipment I'm sure it would look cool.

#43 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:04

char_43841.jpg

• Vib and Anchor_The_Mean like this

#44 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1177 posts
  • 16965 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:12

False. I'm biased on this, but I think it suits my archer looks better than other helmets.

If you were to tamper around with different builds and equipment I'm sure it would look cool.

No it is not false.

Simply look at Homer's screenshots and see how it clips around the neck area. There is a difference between things looking "cool" and things being a good uniform standard. That's why there is a guideline for banners making as well. 

#45 Katniss, Whats this then, eh?

Katniss
  • Member of Crusade
  • 519 posts
  • 14539 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:18

No it is not false.

Simply look at Homer's screenshots and see how it clips around the neck area. There is a difference between things looking "cool" and things being a good uniform standard. That's why there is a guideline for banners making as well. 

What´s so bad at adding it? You won´t be forced to equip it. And as the poll shows, there are players who want it back

#46 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1177 posts
  • 16965 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:26

It's just my opinion that's what the poll and this thread is for. One of the main reasons I play Mercs instead of cRPG is the high quality finish that Homer has managed to achieve by taking time to actually think about how things need to be done and which items need to be added/removed and I really respect him for that. Many mods think it is "ok" to just chuck a lot of OSP models together and leave it at that. This really takes away from the experience when you see low quality items next to high quality content and it just stinks of laziness.

#47 CrazyGruzinak, Vodka Remover

CrazyGruzinak
  • Member of Gothik
  • 163 posts
  • 11251 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:45

It doesnt look low quality at all. There are already so many ridiculous looking characters in mercs running around, i dont see how you would complain about ppl looking silly in the first place. Just as much of a silly argument is that it probaly didnt exist in real life, this aint a historical simulation. Studded leather armor didnt exist too but it looks authentic enough.

#48 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 13:30

What´s so bad at adding it? You won´t be forced to equip it.

This argument doesn't work because when you equip an item, you force all other players to see it in the game.
  • wangchan, Welsh_Lad and Dinkywinky like this

#49 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 13:47

Homer owns all...

A wild idea is for a 'coloured' mask sallet...the colour of the mask will change with the heraldic, making it epic imo...blue, green, red etc...omg that would be epic.

Edited by wangchan, 19 April 2015 - 13:51.

• Sleekphantom likes this

#50 Welsh_Lad, All i want for the New Year is an Elli Haloo

Welsh_Lad
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3185 posts
  • 35278 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 13:51

I always like the ability to customise armours

#51 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 14:02

True....the possibilites of custom versions of what we already have are endless...I mean..imagine a black-furred pelt coat...it would give rise to the cult of evil eldos!

#52 Katniss, Whats this then, eh?

Katniss
  • Member of Crusade
  • 519 posts
  • 14539 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 14:16

This argument doesn't work because when you equip an item, you force all other players to see it in the game.

it still doesn´t look bad since so many players vote for the first option, right?

#53 SkyTime, Rangah deals in propane and propane accessorie to perkons

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6537 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 14:27

It looks horrible.

#54 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 14:36

It looks horrible.

Ninja-Gaiden-3-Pre-release-PS3-vs.-Xbox-its actualy pretty good tho

Edited by wangchan, 19 April 2015 - 17:10.

#55 Ryzen, I love roasted Turkey

Ryzen
  • Member of OT
  • 719 posts
  • 45406 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 15:12

There are other helmets that clip armour a lot worse than this in those screenshots. You have no idea the amount of times I've changed armour on some characters to get a set of armour that just DOESN'T clip.

#56 Ryan, End my suffering

Ryan
  • Member of Spades
  • 2258 posts
  • 4022 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 15:13

We need a 3D dresser in the marketplace imo.

• Remus, Irina and Kayla like this

#57 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 15:26

What happened to the red pot helmet?

Oh sorry I used it to cook a stew last night so homer had to remove it.

Could someone link a real life replica of the masked sallet though? I'd be interested in seeing what the helmet looked like in the real world. If it really existed, that is.

Spoiler (Click to Show)

#58 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7131 posts
  • 25925 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 15:52

No it is not false.

There are other helmets that clip armour a lot worse than this in those screenshots. You have no idea the amount of times I've changed armour on some characters to get a set of armour that just DOESN'T clip.

That said, even Litchina/heraldic mail clips. Most visibly noticeable when you draw a bow, your neck comes out of the armour.

#59 SkyTime, Rangah deals in propane and propane accessorie to perkons

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6537 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 16:13

They just look retarded. Clipping is just normal in Warband, no way around it really.

#60 Welsh_Lad, All i want for the New Year is an Elli Haloo

Welsh_Lad
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3185 posts
  • 35278 kills

Posted 19 April 2015 - 17:14

I personally haven't noticed the clipping on the helmet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users