Photo

Cavalry Balancing Ideas

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

Poll: Cavalry Balancing Ideas (248 member(s) have cast votes)

Which ideas of balancing cavalry do you like?

1. Do nothing, everything is fine. (77 votes [31.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.05%

2. Disallow a rider to do actions when his horse is jumping. (58 votes [23.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.39%

3. Interrupt rider's attack when his horse is rearing. (85 votes [34.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.27%

4. Decrease the speed of wounded horses. (107 votes [43.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.15%

5. Pay a little less gold to cavalrymen. (30 votes [12.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:31

What do you think about these ideas?

That's what I mean by rearing:
Rearing (Click to Show)

I could also add a perk "Trick Riding" that would allow cavalry to block (and maybe attack) while jumping or rearing.

We are absolutely not sure about the idea of reducing rewards but it's interesting to know what you think about gold-related ideas.
  • Unifyforce likes this

#2 The Grey Dagger, loyal servant of skod....

The Grey Dagger
  • Member of SKoD
  • 275 posts
  • 3410 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:58

step 1: remove cav
step 2: mercs rejoice

#3 Unifyforce

Unifyforce
  • Member of Legion
  • 219 posts
  • 22591 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 18:59

OMG HOMER I LOVE YOU FIRST THE ARCHERS NOW THE CAV!!!! 

Soon we can all admit you need to have skill in order to get your kills. I voted for them all because fuck everybody who plays cav for the kills.

Edited by Unifyforce, 27 February 2015 - 18:59.

#4 Anchor_The_Mean

Anchor_The_Mean
  • Member of Crusade
  • 334 posts
  • 35137 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:30

For option 4, how much speed reduction did you have in mind?

-2%HP = -1% speed?

#5 Megamen, One, Two, Drink

Megamen
  • Member of Crusade
  • 3412 posts
  • 33759 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:33

Spoiler (Click to Show)

pls don't nerf this :c

• mikelodion likes this

#6 NeToMaN, *Insert member title here*

NeToMaN
  • 364 posts
  • 15417 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:34

Make lance taking two slots in inventory, and increase riding points for better than Stepe horses by one.

@edit up - oh my god, I can imagine tons of damage you do with this...

Edited by NeToMaN, 27 February 2015 - 19:36.

#7 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1187 posts
  • 18257 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:43

I voted for option 3 because it would stop cavalry that gets caught from being able to block most hits with their shield, turn 180 degrees and run away. It would also stop reared horsemen from abusing the reach and hit boxes of the heavy lance.

I also voted for option 4 because it would mean that as a light cavalry player you would have to be a lot more careful and have better map awareness to make sure you don't take unnecessary damage. This would also make horses such as hunters more interesting as it would be able to take more damage and still keep a decent speed. However I am still unsure about this change as it might prove to be too punishing for light cavalry. 

E:

For option 4, how much speed reduction did you have in mind?

-2%HP = -1% speed?

I imagine it would be something similar to PW?

Edited by Dinkywinky, 27 February 2015 - 19:45.

#8 knez, Inactive, for good this time.

knez
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2808 posts
  • 30754 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:48

Cav is already nerfed as fuck.You are nerfing every fking class except 2h.Nerf archery,nerf crossbow,nerf horse archery,and now nerf cav...

#9 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1187 posts
  • 18257 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 19:50

Why would you nerf crossbow's? It's one of the most under powered classes in Mercs...

#10 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18681 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 20:09

I hate it when horses get stopped and stabbed multiple times but the rider still manages to steer clear. It's ridiculous how some horses turn and/or how tanky some/all of them are. 

#11 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3894 posts
  • 10729 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 20:23

interrupt riders attack while rearing is the best because it stops horsemen becoming OP at close range...it is similar to archers not being able to shoot when enemy is in too close....same should be done to horse so they are more careful about attack ueghuegh

#12 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 20:26

[drunk] 

OMG HOMER I LOVE YOU FIRST THE ARCHERS NOW THE CAV!!!! 

Soon we can all admit you need to have skill in order to get your kills. I voted for them all because fuck everybody who plays cav for the kills.

I think everything you say and vote regarding balance should be ignored because you're a bigoted, rambling fool. You can't come up with ANYTHING to back up anything you say, it's just a mindless crusade against random things.

We are absolutely not sure about the idea of reducing rewards but it's interesting to know what you think about gold-related ideas.

Reducing rewards is an effective nerf but I don't think that takes away from cavalry simply being too effective and easy to use.

Make lance taking two slots in inventory, and increase riding points for better than Stepe horses by one.

@edit up - oh my god, I can imagine tons of damage you do with this...

(quotes broke at this point because my fucking PC restarted lel) Honestly, making things take more space in your inventory is an excellent idea but I'm not sure if it can be done that easily. Increasing riding skill requirements is a good idea as well but I'm afraid it doesn't do enough.

Cav is already nerfed as fuck.You are nerfing every fking class except 2h.Nerf archery,nerf crossbow,nerf horse archery,and now nerf cav...

In what way is cavalry nerfed? They take damage from being dismounted? K den

I personally voted for options 2 and 4, I support 3 as well but for some reason I missed it (hell, might be all this beer I'm drinking, who knows). Disallowing riders to do things while jumping (blocking!!) is a big thing, they can still be hurt without their shield magically catching the hit. Interupting their attacking while horse being reared means that they can't lolstab you in the face (possibly instakilling you) and bugger off when they run into a pike, another HUGE problem. Decreasing the speed of wounded horses is a big, big hammer to the face but sadly it's needed. If the decrease is not too radical, it can easily be combined with other options though a major speed nerf would be huge. Archers would actually have a reason to shoot at cavalry, and throwing weapons were a lot more dangerous, couldn't just tank them with your face like usually.

Hell, everyone knows how shit I am at this game, I'm only a good archer really and not even so good at that. If I go on horseback even a fucking pleb like me can go 10-1 fairly easily just by being cautious. It's too easy. These changes are REALLY welcome.

[/drunk]

• Purin and Dinkywinky like this

#13 Dinkywinky, Sandorra you're a damn pleb. Go eat Dog shit with Paprica.

Dinkywinky
  • Member of Akai
  • 1187 posts
  • 18257 kills

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:24

Frank said something very funny on the battle server today, he was rambling about archers as usual and than said that: "Warband is focused solely on melee". When I said that he's bullshitting and that cav + ranged are equally important in Warband he claimed this was not true because the game is called "Mount & Blade" and there is no "bow" in it...

This is the kind of mentality players have regarding "balance". It's actually quite sad.

#14 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 00:04

No, it's just Frank. He is a bigoted fool, an idiot, a bloody god damn turd as I've been saying for quite a while now. He can't come up with any arguments (and even if he could, they'd be easily countered) so he just mindlessly rambles like a retard in the hope that someone is stupid enough to not realize that.

Sure there are a few like him but most are more or less reasonable and have some ideas and thoughts (sure some of it is uneducated or hasn't been given enough thought about but yeah, that's why discussion is a thing) so he should literally just be ignored, even by me, who has the most trouble with stupidity. If I can (and will) do it, so can you guys. Unless he actually says something worthwhile, so I can actually put some thought to responding to him.

/drunk

• Irina likes this

#15 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3894 posts
  • 10729 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 00:21

Wouldnt decreasing the speed of wounded horses just make heavy cav slow as fuck beyond belief?

• Viator likes this

#16 Unifyforce

Unifyforce
  • Member of Legion
  • 219 posts
  • 22591 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 00:43

Frank said something very funny on the battle server today, he was rambling about archers as usual and than said that: "Warband is focused solely on melee". When I said that he's bullshitting and that cav + ranged are equally important in Warband he claimed this was not true because the game is called "Mount & Blade" and there is no "bow" in it...

This is the kind of mentality players have regarding "balance". It's actually quite sad.

You are putting your words in my mouth. I claimed that this is a melee based game and that the priority should be put towards having a good fight instead of fighting it out as cav or archer.

What is the point of fighting out a battle when the next thing you know 5 archers are camping a hill laying down fire on you. I don't blame the archers, they just want to protect themselves from being lanced in the back. I blame the game and I made a thread about this explaining why and included video to prove it is wrong.

I am not sure what you said. Something to promote archery towards what I replied that this game is called "Mount and Blade". What I meant with that is explained above. Of course I want archers to not suck and still be a good class to play. but as it currently is, this class that is used for players that want to get easy kills+good k/d. Just look at the global scoreboard. In fact just look at most siege round.

I am not speaking about one archer, I am not speaking about all the archers. I am speaking about archers in general. Even I have to raise my hand that I only use the class to feel good about myself. After that I stopped being an archers, started to play the even more overpowered horse archer but for what purpose? Most people that I kill can do jack shit since I only need to put 3 arrows into them. I have had some insane rounds winning a 7vs2. But the fact is all 7 of them couldn't do anything. If you don't believe me I have some SS that include some crazy k/d's that I achieved on my horse archer. 

Edited by Unifyforce, 28 February 2015 - 01:21.

#17 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:53

You are putting your words in my mouth. I claimed that this is a melee based game and that the priority should be put towards having a good fight instead of fighting it out as cav or archer.

What is the point of fighting out a battle when the next thing you know 5 archers are camping a hill laying down fire on you. I don't blame the archers, they just want to protect themselves from being lanced in the back. I blame the game and I made a thread about this explaining why and included video to prove it is wrong.

I am not sure what you said. Something to promote archery towards what I replied that this game is called "Mount and Blade". What I meant with that is explained above. Of course I want archers to not suck and still be a good class to play. but as it currently is, this class that is used for players that want to get easy kills+good k/d. Just look at the global scoreboard. In fact just look at most siege round.

I am not speaking about one archer, I am not speaking about all the archers. I am speaking about archers in general. Even I have to raise my hand that I only use the class to feel good about myself. After that I stopped being an archers, started to play the even more overpowered horse archer but for what purpose? Most people that I kill can do jack shit since I only need to put 3 arrows into them. I have had some insane rounds winning a 7vs2. But the fact is all 7 of them couldn't do anything. If you don't believe me I have some SS that include some crazy k/d's that I achieved on my horse archer. 

Well you put some effort into responding, I'll give you that much, However, I'm too drunk to really reply anything other than this: you really didn't answer or argue anything. It's a very simple statement that I in my drunken state cannot simply overcome. Perhaps someone will do it before I actually wake up from my slumber of 15 hours to think of something "smart" to say.

GG, no re, Wangeldo has biggest dick of dem all

(I can actually write when I'm not shitfaced so you better wait for it)/drunk

• wangchan likes this

#18 Korpi_Jopo, Dark suuls

Korpi_Jopo
  • Member of Korpi
  • 447 posts
  • 33979 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:43

Bad poll, cavalry should be overall slower and less manueverable, making it more of a skill class rather than easymode just for making kills what it is now.

#19 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3894 posts
  • 10729 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:14

OMG please no...please....

If wounded horses are slower...this would make HA way OP as literally no other cav would be able to outrun them...cav atm can run away from archers...but they cant outrun HA easily...if horses get slower with injury, meeting a HA on cav would mean instant death....fs please nooo omg

• Gwaihir likes this

#20 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4491 posts
  • 15959 kills

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:47

Wangeldo speaks the truth!

• wangchan and Purin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users