Photo

The Limit of Throwing Weapons

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

Poll: The Limit of Throwing Weapons (291 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the limit of throwing weapons to be increased?

1. Increase the base limit of throwing weapons to 2. (62 votes [21.31%])

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

2. Allow specialized throwers to carry more bags of missiles. (89 votes [30.58%])

Percentage of vote: 30.58%

3. Do not change the limit of throwing weapons. (88 votes [30.24%])

Percentage of vote: 30.24%

4. Do not change the limit but increase the ammo. (51 votes [17.53%])

Percentage of vote: 17.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7866 posts
  • 26323 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:24

Logic or any other such bullcrap has nothing to do with anything. What we want to bother about is balance.

#22 Remuseldo

Remuseldo
  • 467 posts
  • 5421 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:41

If the mod has a perk for strong back to carry 2 packs of throwing things, there has to be something to use the fat plate armors aswell.

It makes no sense to me.

You can use the plates without a perk, and as Ingram said they are way more heavy compared to a pack of throwing weapons.

This perk does not balance something at all.

You could simply get into a plate armor and buy this perk, and buy 2 packs of javelins.

More damage cause of higher amount of str, and the plate will be badass protection.

gf tho remove the perk pls.

#23 Korpi_Jopo, Dark suuls

Korpi_Jopo
  • Member of Korpi
  • 447 posts
  • 33971 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:06

The whole sacrifice skill points for perks system is really stupid imo all together since only specific weapon types need to use perks while others have full amount of skill points in disposal

• Viator, Lt, Folms and 1 other like this

#24 Remuseldo

Remuseldo
  • 467 posts
  • 5421 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:25

Yep

#25 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3860 posts
  • 10689 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 15:57

Naked guy with 4 slots of javs.....= everyone in server who isnt ranged and has no shield is fuckeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!! 

Add it imo uageuhaae

#26 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 16:10

It's a bit strange that you compare throwing weapons with armors. That realism aspect has nothing to do with the gameplay and balance. There are many unrealistic things in Warband because it's a game, not a simulator. Also, it's not that hard to wear a plate armor due to better weight distribution. I don't think it's a good idea to remove the Strong Back perk and allow all players to carry up to 4 bags of throwing weapons.

In any case, I'm not going to remove perks and I don't understand to complain about this system. You may not like certain perks but the idea itself is very logical. Perks don't differ much from skills. Actually, it's just a special form of a skill that has no levels.

#27 Remuseldo

Remuseldo
  • 467 posts
  • 5421 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 16:13

What about removing the perk and just do it like that;

No limits for torches, but every other throwing weapon only 2 packs?

#28 Korpi_Jopo, Dark suuls

Korpi_Jopo
  • Member of Korpi
  • 447 posts
  • 33971 kills

Posted 23 November 2014 - 16:31

The truth about gameplay balance regarding throwing is that its underpowered, and hardly ever used since you have to commit too much into it for very little effectiveness. While using twohanders and polearms requires no skill points at all.

Only cavalry , shielders , archers and crossbowmen need skill points 

Edited by Korpi_Jopo, 23 November 2014 - 16:33.

#29 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 13:29

Throwing is a dead build as it is now, some people are saying it would be OP if throwers had another bag of throwing weapons, but throwers can easily pickup javs from the floor to get to like 9 javs and they still rarely do very well. To make an effective thrower you must invest so many points in the perk and power throw that your character is basically useless at anything else, so even with another bag of javelins the build isn't going to suddenly be topping the scoreboards.

Currently the throwing class is the worst class overall, evidenced by the fact barely anyone plays it as a serious class. So I find it weird that people can be so opposed to giving it a few changes. The two best options are the bag increase or the ammo increase, increasing the ammo would mean that throwers have to use less slots for ammo bags and could take a melee weapon and shield with them. Or increasing the bags cap would mean they have a higher base ammo amount so they can fight a bit more effectively during the start of the round before they must run around collecting ammunition off the floor. They still wouldn't be able to take a very powerful shield or do much damage with the melee weapon so that wouldn't make them too strong. Both are fairly reasonable changes to improve the class.

Maybe one thing to consider is to add a power throw cap to the weapons like we have on bows. Like some bows have a maximum power draw, so we could put a maximum power throw on javelins and axes, this would encourage people to make proper well rounded throwers instead of the stupid naked 10 power throw joke classes that everyone finds really annoying. Infact it's strange that that idea hasn't been mentioned before.

• Blackhood likes this

#30 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3860 posts
  • 10689 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:06

Dawlish knows his shit and this thread should now be locked for his final speech....sorry but..its true....its the truth what he said.

Throwing weapons have love been a complimentary weapon, just a little something on the side just in case u get a chance to get a kill......but now...the world is changing....soon...we will be able to rely on throwing weapons

and have faith in them eniterley rather than just having them as a backup.....this is it....throwing weapons are the new pro thing in this mod.

#31 Herishey, eSports Awlpiker

Herishey
  • Member of Stellar
  • 638 posts
  • 21798 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:49

I've seen throwers 1hit plate guys with 30/6 build, pls don't make them have moar shite, just ruining the melee further.

#32 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:50

Which is why a power throw cap would be a good option.

#33 Megamen, One, Two, Drink

Megamen
  • Member of Crusade
  • 3412 posts
  • 33759 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:28

I've seen throwers 1hit plate guys with 30/6 build, pls don't make them have moar shite, just ruining the melee further.

Impossible. Like i said before, I've been running around on a horse with 9 power throw through the last few days with javelins, and as you can see in my suggestions thread I can't even 1 hit a fucking peasant

#34 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:01

It is possible to one-shot someone if you hit them in the face, but really that is quite rare. I mean think how many deaths you had to throwing weapons last week, I maybe got killed 3-4 times by a throwing weapon in an entire week. Then compare that to archers who probably make up 30-40% of my deaths.

#35 Megamen, One, Two, Drink

Megamen
  • Member of Crusade
  • 3412 posts
  • 33759 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:35

It is possible to one-shot someone if you hit them in the face, but really that is quite rare. I mean think how many deaths you had to throwing weapons last week, I maybe got killed 3-4 times by a throwing weapon in an entire week. Then compare that to archers who probably make up 30-40% of my deaths.

I think macdara disagrees? :P

• Macdara likes this

#36 Korpi_Jopo, Dark suuls

Korpi_Jopo
  • Member of Korpi
  • 447 posts
  • 33971 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:14

I've seen two handed weapons 1hit plate guys with 30/6 build, pls don't make them have moar shite, just ruining the melee further.

#37 Euronymous, When you're in hell, only a devil can point the way out.

Euronymous
  • Member of Legion
  • 2034 posts
  • 15949 kills

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:38

I haven't been killed by a throwing weapon since the perk got added. I don't play often, but still that is a really long time.

#38 Welsh_Lad, I'm old now :(

Welsh_Lad
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3326 posts
  • 36546 kills

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:43

Would highly disagree with you dawl, Throwing is great and well ive been trying out some other builds with throwing recently and taing a polearm with your 6 javs and a 0-1 skill shield means your really useful for your team. I been using my looted long spear recently and have helmped my team win many inf fights because I can watch there backs from cav or throw at the other inf

#39 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 26 November 2014 - 14:39

Yeah, that's not a dedicated throwing class though is it. If you are spending half your time acting as spear support you are a hybrid. 6 Javelins isn't enough, on average you probably use between 2-3 javelins on a single enemy. Meaning you are likely to engage 2-3 enemies per round before you must scavenge ammo or resort to your backup weapons like the spear.

If throwing was great people would play it, currently almost no one plays it except for experimentation or derping around.

#40 chrisi, Rise and rise again until lambs become lions

chrisi
  • Member of Fratres
  • 481 posts
  • 13286 kills

Posted 26 November 2014 - 14:44

So throwers are the new Archers then, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users