Photo

Cavalry Poll

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Poll: Cavalry balance poll (364 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your opinion of the current cavalry class?

1. Cavalry is generally overpowered. (82 votes [22.53%])

Percentage of vote: 22.53%

2. Light Cavalry is overpowered. (16 votes [4.40%])

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

3. Heavy Cavalry is overpowered. (23 votes [6.32%])

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

4. Cavalry stacking is the main problem. (90 votes [24.73%])

Percentage of vote: 24.73%

5. Cavalry is fine the way it is. (116 votes [31.87%])

Percentage of vote: 31.87%

6. Cavalry is under-powered. (37 votes [10.16%])

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3378 posts
  • 63632 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:00

Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts on cavalry and if they are too good or not good enough. We are aware there are some of complaints about cavalry stacking on the servers and that the class is generally overpowered. This poll will help Homer get a better view of the overall opinion of the player-base.

Depending on the results of the poll solutions might include re-balancing aspects of the class or maybe a cavalry auto-balancer similar to the archer auto-balancer that was implemented in the last update.

Suggest what you think could be good ideas to help balance the class, if you feel they need balancing at all.

#2 Megamen, One, Two, Drink

Megamen
  • Member of Crusade
  • 3411 posts
  • 33750 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:30

Cavalry really isn't that overpowered in general imo, if you fight a cav 1 by 1 as an archer or 2 hander, you can pretty easily rek him. Unless of course, he is a better cav player than you are as an archer, but the outcome would've been the same if he was an archer. The main problem is the stacking, when there is just hordes of cavalry charging you while you're as a bunch of archers/shielders, you can't do anything about it on the open field just because cavalry is faster and more manoeuverable.  

#3 piotes, Paella ain't admin anymore

piotes
  • Member of CI
  • 1303 posts
  • 20423 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:34

But thats the point of cavalry afterall

I think that cav is OP, but if a team stacks cav and charges together to a bunch of scattered infantry they will win, and thats fine because youre not supossed to defeat 5 horsemen alone.

Tbh, even if in mercs teamplay is scarce cavarly tends to go in groups so they can kill people easily and thats teamwork. While infantry will just go everywhere to survive for a while or to kill a random dude.

As I see it, cavalry needs a small nerf in their maneuver skill and the mod needs something to encourage teamwork

Edited by piotes, 17 October 2014 - 17:34.

#4 Herishey, eSports Awlpiker

Herishey
  • Member of FI
  • 610 posts
  • 21034 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:39

The way I see it cavalry isn't overpowered at all. They're easily killable even as a 1H, it's just when 3+ attack you it becomes an issue. But then when 3+ anything attacks you, you will have an issue. Though I have noticed on battle sometimes that there are 7 cav on 1 team and 1 on the other, which is OP.

Edited by Herishey, 17 October 2014 - 17:40.

#5 Hugoboss, Varangian Kaiser, Senior Admin

Hugoboss
  • Member of Emperium
  • 3878 posts
  • 43737 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:24

damned bumps cause more death than anything ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

#6 Rangah, agnaR

Rangah
  • Member of OT
  • 1902 posts
  • 57472 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:28

Cav is good as it is, only the lances should be nerfed by a wee bit. 

#7 Euronymous, When you're in hell, only a devil can point the way out.

Euronymous
  • Member of Legion
  • 2034 posts
  • 15949 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:51

Imo, the maneuver stat needs to be lowered. Simply becouse the horse is more like a car than an acctual horse. The horse can just swing abit to easily avoid pikes,walls or just ride around you poking you to death.

• wangchan likes this

#8 wangchan, The Face of Mercenaries

wangchan
  • Member of SKoD
  • 3763 posts
  • 10501 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 19:54

I believe cav stacking should be balanced like archers.....

I believe horse knock-down damage should be removed....why should someone get a kill for doing nothing but holding W?

That is all.

#9 Herishey, eSports Awlpiker

Herishey
  • Member of FI
  • 610 posts
  • 21034 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 21:16

If horse knockdown damage should be removed then punching damage and kicking should be removed, if we go by that logic ;). As it is the same type of damage. And it only does a small amount of damage anyway.

#10 TheGodlyBrit

TheGodlyBrit
  • Member of Akai
  • 1110 posts
  • 33408 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 21:26

I think cavalry are fine the way they are. Although it'd be nice to have the class balanced as Wang said like we did the archer class.

#11 ScorpiatheGreatest

ScorpiatheGreatest
  • Member of Europae
  • 51 posts
  • 7979 kills

Posted 17 October 2014 - 21:55

Imo, Cav are easy to kill. A long weapon, even a short weapon, can do great damage against a mounted tincan charging you. The only time I see cav OP, is when it's 3 mounted vs 1 footman kinda thing. I was fighting three cav, I was mounted aswell, obviously I was shite and got dismounted. But managed to easily dismount two. But got rekt later. 

They are generally fine, just like any other cav in Warband, they are meant to be powerful. Although I thought archers were nerfed, they are still a bit OP. 

The RE clan are a prime example.

They usually all go cav, and stick together, and run to each other if they ask for help in TS. In a group they are a bitch to kill, but if they are alone, they are just like any other Merc player. Cav stacking is OP, but isn't that the point? Infantry stacking is OP too, so is Archer.

#12 Leonidas300, Le Mercenarié

Leonidas300
  • 1070 posts
  • 41014 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 00:21

Cavalry isn't OP as class but some horses are OP, desert/sarranid/courser horsies are the main problematic ones because they have a really high maneuverability and speed. Also 90% of people that are cav use these exact horses making the cav really hard to fight because these horsies are like fucking monkeys jumping walls, moving left and right with the same precission as a Formula 1 and with the speed of mother f******* wind... just adjust these three horsies stats:

Desert Horse 9100
Hit points: 100 after> 90 Body armor: 16 Speed: 45 after> 42 Maneuver: 49 after> 48 Charge: 12 Difficulty: 3

Sarranid Horse 9200
Hit points: 100 after> 90 Body armor: 16 Speed: 46 after> 43 Maneuver: 47 Charge: 12 Difficulty: 3

Courser 10300
Hit points: 100 Body armor: 16 Speed: 47 Maneuver: 45 after> 43 Charge: 12 Difficulty: 3

Cav problem fixed imo, at least test it out.

Edited by Leonidas300, 18 October 2014 - 00:24.

#13 Korpi_Jopo, Dark suuls

Korpi_Jopo
  • Member of Korpi
  • 447 posts
  • 33955 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:13

thats a way too little change in manuever to make any effect 

#14 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7479 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:28

3 meter wide lance stabs, instant stabs, hugeass damage even while still, being able to stab at your own feet/through your horse's head, horse turning 90 degrees in full speed.

• Delocin, Hugoboss and wangchan like this

#15 Hugoboss, Varangian Kaiser, Senior Admin

Hugoboss
  • Member of Emperium
  • 3878 posts
  • 43737 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:55

3 meter wide lance stabs, instant stabs, hugeass damage even while still, being able to stab at your own feet/through your horse's head, horse turning 90 degrees in full speed.

oh god all of this. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#16 Lord_Anden, ArchDuke of Vintroth

Lord_Anden
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 499 posts
  • 23441 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:55

Cavalry in general is not overpowered, the pros and cons per class is off.

Its the light cavalry, the damage that can be done, with the speed and manoeuvrability is simply too much with no real drawbacks except lower health and armour.

Heavy cav is, I would even say partly underpowered, you need higher riding skill, for something that is slower and with low manoeuvrability for a higher armour and health stat. The trade off is not very good and the charge damage is not very good either. Its generally a worse deal to get a expensive heavy horse then a cheap light horse.

My own conclusion, light cav in generally speaking overpowered. You pay more for heavy cav, but its generally not really as useful for the cost, with its pros and cons. I'd say a small nerf for light cav and leave the heavy cav alone(or a small buff for heavy).

#17 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7479 posts
  • 26065 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:25

Light cav would still require said nerf, even if heavy cav was buffed. Buffing heavy cav wouldn't solve the problem at all, only divide it to different categories more.

#18 Nohya

Nohya
  • 20 posts
  • 5354 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:31

Cavalry isn't overpowered especially the light cavalry. If you are archer you just need 2 or 3 arrows (5 maximum) to kill the horse. If the archers are not smart enough not to hit the horse, is their problem. However, if you are infantry you just need a spear (heavy spear, long spear, pike and more). And if you have all this equipment, but the cavalry kill you anyway this want mean that you are NOOB. Easy  ^_^

Edited by Nohya, 18 October 2014 - 12:33.

#19 chrisi, Rise and rise again until lambs become lions

chrisi
  • Member of Fratres
  • 481 posts
  • 13280 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:45

Its ez to kill a guy with heavy spear it became difficult with a long spear or heavy lance or pike.
Most of the archer arent shooting on cav because, wait i dont know why... Its easier to shoot a cav than an inf. Pls tell me why you arent shootimg on cav.?

#20 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Crusade
  • 1722 posts
  • 10730 kills

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:55

Cavalry is too good. Getting a horse has no cons with it, just pros. It's a direct fucking upgrade.

The end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users