• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#41 Arcan, Sir of Milano

Arcan
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 795 posts
  • 8103 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:18

Quick question: how do you activate SP for mercs mod again? I want to check out the new items, but I am sort of stuck with a lack of inventory space.

I would be please to know it aswell

#42 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6949 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:21

I think you have to copy the " game_variables.txt " file from native mod folder and replace it with the one in mercenaries folder.

Then the single player should be unlocked.

#43 Kory Le Peasant, Women.

Kory Le Peasant
  • 37 posts
  • 2235 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:38

Someone has to make the derp-bunny clan...

m_banner_2_08.pngm_banner_2_08.pngm_banner_2_08.pngm_banner_2_08.png

Le Minions got it already C:

What's the requirements of Animal Handler btw?

Edited by Kory Le Peasant, 01 April 2014 - 12:39.

#44 Celtic

Celtic
  • Member of OT
  • 1700 posts
  • 3950 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:43

The requirement is that you read the bottom half of the first page of this thread

#45 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3485 posts
  • 20533 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:45

Dont listen to Celtic, you just have to capture a live Unicorn. Like this.

Spoiler (Click to Show)

#46 Viator, the White Wolf

Viator
  • Member of Dayne
  • 1657 posts
  • 34873 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:05

Theres a difference, one shoting people people by touching them with your horse would be stupidly OP, losing 1/3 of your HP for falling from your horse is not OP. Maybe now people will be more cautious with the horse instead of riding head first at spearman as they know they can just get up with full health if they end up dismounted.

I already use one of the heaviest horses in this mod. So where's my profit? I spend 26k in a heavy horse and what do I get? Fall-off damage + non-realistic charge attacks.

Edited by Rock_Solid, 01 April 2014 - 13:09.

#47 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6949 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:21

Oh guys come on.

Warband is not about realistic things..

#48 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:21

Dawlish, Rock, I'm in between you guys here/

While from one point I can say that so far the falling damage is okay-ish (never been dismounted at full speed yet though, and I wear full plate. Max lost is a bout 1/10th) I must say that if the falling damage is particulary high even with slow and heavy horses I am inclined to agree that charge damage might need a boost. Fallng from a horse, especially in armour, is comparatively safe, considering we're in a battle. Unless your horse gets killed mid-galop and you get thrown a few meters in an uncontrolled flight, then it will hurt you, no matter what. Then again, if you include horsemen taking considerable damage from being dismounted at a high speed and thrown into things, footmen should also take considerable damage when hit by the same horse at a high speed.

Perhaps it is best implemented as some sort of mechanic: Above speed X (determined by the horse's animation; As soon as your horse enters the galloping animation for example) it will do increased bump damage (enough to do about 1/4th hp damage to a medium-armoured player if you have a heavy horse with good charge damage) but the rider will also receive considerable damage if he gets dismounted at that point. It seems to me that that would be an imrovement, since you won't receive much damage from casually falling from your horse (unless really unlucky, but including that in a war game is pretty ridiculous) as is being hit by a horse at anything below a canter (unless really unlucky, as in being trampled afterwards, which is nigh-impossible to code).

That seems like a fair balance to me.

#49 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:32

Well it's the first day so far so best to see how it goes.

#50 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:41

Basically that's the gist of my mini-essay.

#51 Shemaforash, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Shemaforash
  • Member of Genesis
  • 414 posts
  • 10920 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:23

the bouncing camel... kawaiiiiii~  *__*

Edited by Shemaforash, 01 April 2014 - 14:23.

#52 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7944 posts
  • 26405 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:30

Shoo.

I don't think upgrading the charge damage that much would be too good of an option. You only take damage once when you fall from horse, but you can be bumped dozen times in a round.

#53 Viator, the White Wolf

Viator
  • Member of Dayne
  • 1657 posts
  • 34873 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:39

Shoo.

I don't think upgrading the charge damage that much would be too good of an option. You only take damage once when you fall from horse, but you can be bumped dozen times in a round.

You got a point there, but it still seems unfair that a horse which costs 26k has the only benefit of having more HP than other horses.

#54 Gazz, fuck christ oy

Gazz
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2616 posts
  • 26460 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:41

That's the bloody point, same could be said for armours too duh

#55 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4488 posts
  • 15959 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:42

What should be done about cav: Nothing. I wish we could just leave things alone. Surely cav is always going to have an advantage over other classes, because they have an extra piece of equipment (a horse) if they were nerfed until they were exactly the same as other classes, then the horse would be a bit of a rip off.

Edited by Gwaihir, 01 April 2014 - 14:45.

• Viator likes this

#56 Viator, the White Wolf

Viator
  • Member of Dayne
  • 1657 posts
  • 34873 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:47

So away with the falling damage I say!

• Gwaihir likes this

#57 matee, Taipan's brother, vendetta's lover

matee
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 297 posts
  • 16803 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:55

You got a point there, but it still seems unfair that a horse which costs 26k has the only benefit of having more HP than other horses.

I can understand u Rock Solid but think... There is a guy called Heljas_Pappi who is trolling with a heavy horse; he hits a low armoured player and then he bumps it... I have seen him getting kills with this. If he bumps me with my assassin char at full speed he takes 1/3 of my HP... If u would add more damage 2-3 bumps would kill a low armoured player which completly OP. I think it is totally fine Bcause in merc every class has its debuffs archers are slower etc. but cav is not debuffed, it is the same as it is in native. I think it is fine as it is now.

#58 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:57

Archers are debuffed more than you know; by reversed speed bonus, being giant targets, and being infamous and blown up beyond proportions. And as an assassin class it should be easy enough to avoid a big, unmanouvrable lump of heavy horse. It's your trade-off.

#59 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:57

It should be a double edged sword, you have the very powerful advantage of a horse but the danger of being hurt if you are thrown from it. Don't see how anyone can find that unfair, you can go around smacking in to people and knocking them over with your horse and doing damage, but now that theres a hint of a drawback to the horse it should be removed? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Also what Matee said.

• Bloedwoud, Jepekula, Gazz and 1 other like this

#60 Gazz, fuck christ oy

Gazz
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2616 posts
  • 26460 kills

Posted 01 April 2014 - 14:58

Basically what Dawlfish said, every class here trades something for something, I cannot see why cavalry should be special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users