Photo

Remove Cavalry From The Siege Mode

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: Cavalry in Siege (182 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the cavalry be removed from the siege mode?

1. No, remove it from certain maps only. (62 votes [34.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.07%

2. Yes, remove it from all siege maps. (69 votes [37.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.91%

3. Allow horses to be used by attackers only. (51 votes [28.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gwaihir, Votofok skitim

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4488 posts
  • 15959 kills

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:11

Dawlish listed many good reasons to remove them, well and ye being couched in the back at spawn is not really a thing I like, so yea remove them from all siege maps ;)

yeah...but.. but HAVE YOU NOT READ THE STUFF WE HAVE JUST BEEN SAYING YOU... nublet

Allow horses for attackers, disallow horses for defenders. That way you dont get killed at spawn. Nuff said.

#42 Euronymous, When you're in hell, only a devil can point the way out.

Euronymous
  • Member of Legion
  • 2034 posts
  • 15949 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:51

Useless?
I think assassins are more useful compared to colluding cav who forget to close the gate.

They can open gates or doors faster cause of agi builds (mostly), and you just say they are useless cause you either don't accept us or just hate guys who get gold faster.

And everyone in merc is interested in getting gold, not only assassins..

Remove cavalry for defenders and that's it.

I can agree that assasins are more usefull than colluding cav. But they are useless as they don't give a shit about objective and only goes around backstabbing people so they can steal their gold. They don't have any armor and they can't block(Unless they have a shield). As soon as a assassin gets close to a fight there is a big chance he will run into your swing, die some other way or just run right past you. And I could not give less fucks if they get more gold than me. I stopped playing mercs to gain gold as soon as I got the nobleplate. 

Edited by Euronymous, 27 March 2014 - 07:51.

#43 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:55

Most importantly, assassins get TKed all the time because they tend to run into melee for a pouch of gold. I definitely will not hold back my sword if someone is stupid enough to run into it.

Edited by SkyTime, 27 March 2014 - 11:55.

#44 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6949 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:09

I can agree that assasins are more usefull than colluding cav. But they are useless as they don't give a shit about objective and only goes around backstabbing people so they can steal their gold. They don't have any armor and they can't block(Unless they have a shield). As soon as a assassin gets close to a fight there is a big chance he will run into your swing, die some other way or just run right past you. And I could not give less fucks if they get more gold than me. I stopped playing mercs to gain gold as soon as I got the nobleplate.

Bullshit, they give a shit about objectives.
They can also block without shield, not every assassin is 6 30.
Every character can die fast, even plate armor.
As I said before there are assassins with heavier armor.
It's obvious that you hate assassins.
You either didn't try to play assassin cause you won't be able to use several weapons, or cause you can't use armors.
Both last things still depend on the build, so the argument with "can't block" is invalid anyway.
Either chamber or get one of the first weapons so you could block if its really needed.
Problem solved, argument down.

That's just my personal opinion to it, but its as I said.

Edited by Remus, 27 March 2014 - 12:11.

#45 SkyTime, 00101111 00101111 01100100 01100001 01100010 00101111 00101111

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7454 posts
  • 22787 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:11

Seriously, assassins are useless and a waste of team space. The best one can hope to accomplish is catch a group of archers off-guard, and perhaps kill two of them before they get murdered again. All they do is run around the battlefield being useless and get a kill every now and then.

At least cavalry regularly kill people. Assassins are a distraction at best and not even such a good one since only idiots run after them.

though I'm definitely not saying they should be removed, it's a unique class and free kills :3

E: Also after rethinking I have cast my vote again, supporting cavalry for attackers only. But some maps would need a bit balancing.

Edited by SkyTime, 27 March 2014 - 12:18.

#46 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:06

Having it attackers only would probably discourage cav players from trying to swap back to defenders too, players like The_Nar sometimes swap back to defender so they can go outside and farm again. He is a player who often gets scores like 35-10 from doing it every round, there are a few other main offenders for doing that too. Infact I recall a few days ago during the defending round as cav he got 15-1, then after the next round where he was attacking as cav he made only 1 kill the entire round, so it really shows where those kills are coming from, just spawn-killing.

#47 Shemaforash, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Shemaforash
  • Member of Genesis
  • 414 posts
  • 10920 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:12

But when I play cavalry as attacker I always go for the spawnkillers because I dislike them, don't simply think everyone does the same. I never spawnkill because it's the most stupid thing ever (and a guaranteed death really)

• Remus likes this

#48 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3485 posts
  • 20533 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:46

I sometimes enjoy standing at attacker spawn in siege with a pike.

Just to mess with the spawnkillhungrycavs.

#49 Celtic

Celtic
  • Member of OT
  • 1700 posts
  • 3950 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:47

Yeah not all cavalry should be blamed for what a certain few do, but honestly cavalry seem to make up a very small proportion of all the active players during HH, I usually see at least 7 or 8 cavalry at one time, hardly any more than that and almost always there's a counter. As an archer I rather enjoy having all those cavalry trying to kill me at spawn, they never succeed because they either get dismounted and shot up or a respawning teammate strikes them down. Usually there are other cavalry there to act as a deterrent and drive them off. 

#50 Gazz, fuck christ oy

Gazz
  • Member of Korpi
  • 2616 posts
  • 26460 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 15:28

You either didn't try to play assassin cause you won't be able to use several weapons, or cause you can't use armors.
Both last things still depend on the build, so the argument with "can't block" is invalid anyway.
Either chamber or get one of the first weapons so you could block if its really needed.

Yeah, and there's tincans in leather armour too.

The "u just haet" is just fucking stupid, ofcourse he "hates" a useless class that's only good for trolling and being a useless turd in general, running into teammates swings and whatnot.

Literally 95% of the times I see assassins they run off to backstab a afker, that's some teamwork right there, you never know when those afk's might come back.

• Euronymous, Altoleek and MangoMeerkat like this

#51 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Korpi
  • 1726 posts
  • 10732 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 15:37

There is no reason for the pickpocket shit ever to have been added in in the first place, the whole idea of it strikes me as blatantly idiotic.

#52 Euronymous, When you're in hell, only a devil can point the way out.

Euronymous
  • Member of Legion
  • 2034 posts
  • 15949 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 15:40

Since when did assasins care about objectives? Completly new to me.

Yeah. They can block without a shield if they have a sidearm, but most of them just run recklessly into fights without a thinking thus getting either teamhit or killed by the enemy. The fact that they can chamber dosen't matter as most assasins use daggers with only stabbing attack. Also, I have tried playing as assasin, I didn't find it fun becouse I was a useless turd doing nothing for my team and died as soon as a archer looked at me. I can infact use armors, it's not that hard, you just equip it and it works it magic.I am quite aware that there is heavy armored assasins, but they are most likely even less ineffective as they are slow. Yeah, they could have a sidearm and use that instead, but it means the dagger is useless unless you get the drop on someone. 

Last point, I agree everyone can die quite fast. The diffrence is how much effort goes into it. A typical assasin only take 1-2 hits to kill, whille someone in plate can take everything from 4 - 6 blows to kill.

• Jepekula and Gazz like this

#53 Altoleek, I am bad

Altoleek
  • 3683 posts
  • 13972 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:03

Fuck assasins.

#54 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6949 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:58

Since when did assasins care about objectives? Completly new to me.

I didn't find it fun becouse I was a useless turd doing nothing for my team

There we go and its just about you, not every assassin.

But it has nothing to say how other assassins play and do usefull things.

You can't say assassins don't go for objectives, are shit, just cause you didn't.

This is mean and doesn't fit for every as said above.

Edited by Remus, 27 March 2014 - 19:59.

#55 Altoleek, I am bad

Altoleek
  • 3683 posts
  • 13972 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:01

Assasins are useless. Give up already.

#56 Remus, Im unlucky, but get proper earnings

Remus
  • Member of EE
  • 6949 posts
  • 50543 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:02

No U!

Show some proof that they are useless and I may give up.

Edited by Remus, 27 March 2014 - 20:03.

#57 Celtic

Celtic
  • Member of OT
  • 1700 posts
  • 3950 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:06

Who cares? At least they aren't ruining the game for anybody unlike cavderps opening the doors all the time. 

• Remus likes this

#58 Altoleek, I am bad

Altoleek
  • 3683 posts
  • 13972 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:09

Why the fuck should Assasins be buffed tho. No point really..

#59 Celtic

Celtic
  • Member of OT
  • 1700 posts
  • 3950 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:12

Yeah, assassin's don't need to be buffed, the gold they can gain from pickpocketing should make up for the lack of kills anyway

#60 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3398 posts
  • 63751 kills

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:15

Add smoke bombs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users