Photo

What Siege Maps Do You Like?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Siege Maps (114 member(s) have cast votes)

What Siege Maps Do You Like?

1. Brunwud Castle (33 votes [28.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

2. Grunwalder Castle (24 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Hailes Castle (40 votes [35.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.09%

4. Jameyyed Castle (58 votes [50.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.88%

5. Mahdaar Castle (40 votes [35.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.09%

6. Motte and Bailey (33 votes [28.95%] - View)

7. Rudkhan Castle (33 votes [28.95%] - View)

8. Sarranid Outpost (56 votes [49.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.12%

9. Turin Castle (48 votes [42.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 14:43

Just to remind you the names:
Brunwud Castle (Click to Show)
Grunwalder Castle (Click to Show)
Hailes Castle (Click to Show)
Jameyyed Castle (Click to Show)
Mahdaar Castle (Click to Show)
Motte and Bailey (Click to Show)
Rudkhan Castle (Click to Show)
Sarranid Outpost (Click to Show)
Turin Castle (Click to Show)

Please! If you think that a map is very bad and you want to say about it, please try to explain why you don't like, what balance issues it has etc.

#2 SkyTime, Rangah deals in propane and propane accessorie to perkons

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6536 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 14:52

I like them all, except that I refuse to play Motte and Bailey as an attacker, so you could argue that I don't really like that map.

My favorites are Turin Castle, Sarranid Outpost and Mahdaar castle.

There's a lot to complain about motte and bailey though, for starters it's still a huge pain in the ass to play as an attacker (though not impossible to win anymore which makes it playable), and attackers can actually hit defending archers on the inner walls which is retarded. Kinda defeats the whole point of the walls.

Also the attacker spawn is quite far away from the doors once you breach the first pair, the stairs are quite steep making it a long journey up top and you're very likely to get shot anyway.

The newly added hole can be spammed full of spikes and crap to make it impassable, this actually applies to every siege map with doors, the doorways are almost always full of spikes glitched on top of each other.

E: also this new board is quite good. An easy way to gather some data, though it's quite limited considering we're only what, 1/10 of the players.

Edited by SkyTime, 20 March 2014 - 14:54.

• Baskakov_Dima likes this

#3 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Crusade
  • 1722 posts
  • 10730 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 14:59

I generally dislike Siege, but I dislike the maps Hailes Castle and Mahdaar castle the least, for both offer a few plausible points of entry to the flag.

I absolutely hate the Motte & Bailey map, mostly for reasons Skytime stated already.

#4 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 15:03

I like Brunwald, the only problem is with the doors being opened which happens sometimes and annoys a lot of people.

Now with that back door, Grunwalder is much better and I really like it.

Hailes castle is alright, I don't have any complaints about it but I like it the least of all the maps. It's fairly dull sometimes with all the action going on along one corner of the castle most of the time.

Jameyyed is a good map, although spawning on the already swarmed walls does spoil the game sometimes.

Mahdaar is a well made map, no complaints about it.

Motte and Bailey is good too although it's fairly difficult for attackers. You spend most of the match just running to action.

Rudkhan is okay, it's a bit big and empty for my liking though.

The Sarranid Outpost is a fairly nice map, there's a lot of close-quarters combat once people break through but before then it's just an archerfest. There's no cover from archers apart from at the side door and even then that door is covered with spikes and people waiting for you. It's a nice enough map though, I like it, especially with there being two gates.

As for Turin Castle, it's a good siege map. Everything seems to rely on the siege tower though.

#5 Dawlish, Un-Officially retired

Dawlish
  • Member of Korpi
  • 3291 posts
  • 62403 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 15:07

Rudkhan castle is the most balanced map I think, lots of different ways to storm the castle and usually makes for fun rounds whichever team you are on.

Jameyyed and Grunwalder castle are the only maps that make me consider leaving the server when attacking, as they are pretty horrendous to attack, Jameyyed especially I would say is the worst map for attackers, even more so than Motte and Bailey. Grunwalder is improved now but it is the fact that you are spending most of your time as an attacker climbing steep slopes that make it so difficult, leaving attackers at a  significant disadvantage no matter how much of the castle they capture.

#6 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 15:10

Oh I just noticed the new poll thing, I like that a lot, very useful for gathering information

#7 Prussia, Salty Brit

Prussia
  • Member of Legion
  • 1270 posts
  • 21859 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 15:43

None of them.

#8 sandorra, The God of (In)Justice

sandorra
  • Member of Korpi
  • 7129 posts
  • 25925 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 16:40

One of the bigger problems I consider having in siege maps is them being way too open. Ofcourse, strategically it would be stupid to build a castle in place that offers attackers much cover.

I don't personally like Rudkhan castle too much. Flag is without any kind of cover, and it's a straight run from gate or door to the flag. Cavalry, if not assing outside, could easily pick the lone defenders or attackers one by one as they move to the open flag, through the open, flat terrain.

Then there's the doors in Sarranid Outpost. They are pretty much impossible to defend, as you can shoot from any kind of cover from only one spot to the doors. Once the first doors are down, it's impossible to prevent enemy from breaking the second door, unless you want to open the door and risk letting enemy inside.

Motte and Bailey, as well as Grunwalder castle, have the problem that walking from spawn to flag as attacker takes ages, whole time leaving you without any cover. Grunwalder at the very least offers multiple ways inside, but, as has been said, Motte and Bailey's rathole can be spammed full of spikes, after which 1-2 hammers and an archer are enough to keep it clear. And like Skytime said, attackers jumping and hitting the archers is damn annoying.

#9 The_Bear_Jew, I don't care about ur meaningless words, megamen.

The_Bear_Jew
  • 164 posts
  • 23 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 21:02

Motte and Bailey is really shit as attacker, because it's a massive archer spam sometimes and I dislike Grunwalder Castle because it's fucking unbalanced and just makes no fun at all. The rest are pretty good and balanced :)

My favourite ones are are Sarranid Outpost and Turin Castle because there are really many Options for attackers to go in and they are pretty balanced in gerneral.

#10 SkyTime, Rangah deals in propane and propane accessorie to perkons

SkyTime
  • Member of Korpi
  • 6536 posts
  • 22629 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 21:22

Might want to tell Homer why Grunwalder is unbalanced.

Because fucking unbalanced is not good enough, he could fix it if enough people complain about the same thing.

#11 Remus, Braap

Remus
  • Member of Folly
  • 6284 posts
  • 42048 kills

Posted 20 March 2014 - 21:26

I like every map on siege.

Edited by Remus, 20 March 2014 - 21:27.

#12 Gwaihir, du bist eine himbeere

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4317 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 21 March 2014 - 23:50

Rudkhan ftw 

#13 Purin, Really fat nerd

Purin
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 652 posts
  • 36231 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:21

Jameyyed is good map.

#14 Kory Le Peasant, Women.

Kory Le Peasant
  • 37 posts
  • 2235 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:14

I do vote for Sarranid Outpost always.

#15 Megamen, One, Two, Drink

Megamen
  • Member of Crusade
  • 3410 posts
  • 33665 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:54

Oh wow look what horror came crawling out of his cave..
  • Gazz likes this

#16 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:35

It's true that Grunwalder Castle is very hard to capture. But there's also a problem with Brunwud Castle. Attackers win 78% of rounds. What do you think about moving the flag to the house?
Spoiler (Click to Show)

Then it would be protected by the doors. It would also make side doors more usable. At the same time, duration of the round could be increased on this map.

#17 Gooien101

Gooien101
  • 306 posts
  • 18284 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:38

Well, the attackers win a lot of rounds because almost every round there is some cavnab who opens the doors to let the enemy in.

• Megamen likes this

#18 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 13:13

Can you imagine the mess of fighting that would go on in such a tiny place as that house? It'd be madness, but maybe that's what siege ought to be.

#19 LastKnightOfCydonia, EIN CLAN, EIN DERP, EIN CYDONIA. HAIL THE PURPLE ONE.

LastKnightOfCydonia
  • Member of BOC
  • 3341 posts
  • 20415 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 13:14

And I couldn't hold the flag singlehandedly by standing behind the doors and mocking the 20+ attackers standing on the flag wondering why the flag isnt coming down.

• Gwaihir likes this

#20 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 22 March 2014 - 14:13

Now there are 3 ways to the house and they are not used. There's almost no point in using side ways because it's not very hard to reach the flag directly. The round duration and respawning rate of the attackers are already reduced. Also, most of the defenders would spawn outside the house. The inner doors could be made weak too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users