#41 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:42

I'd suggest adding a spear to 50% of the shielders:
-It's a blessing against cavalry.
-It's godly in clusterfuck combat, where we tend to get outranged, this weapon stunlocks them for our axe-wielding brethren.
-It looks cool.

#42 Lars, NorseLions Roseguard

Lars
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 659 posts
  • 10139 kills

Posted 29 June 2012 - 23:56

Yes, the heavy spear will be opional as a 4th weapon (without replacing anything at all) for those who are skilled enough to switch between weapons without messing up.

#43 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 30 June 2012 - 00:21

My huscarl Erak wears this:

"During the Viking age, mail usually was worn in the form of a mail shirt (brynja), like the reproduction shown to the right. Typically, the garment was T-shaped, with short sleeves (half to three-quarters length) and thigh length. (Anything longer would make it difficult to ride a horse, although in later periods, slits in the mail placed front and rear between the legs allowed riders to wear longer mail shirts.)"

Amazing viking source

;D (quite off topic, I know, but vikings, as far as this site shows, didn't use scale armour=> No ugly Kuyak's for me ;D

#44 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 01 July 2012 - 23:20

Hmmm... I'm starting to rethink my decision :S

Since being a clanleader and a member at the same time is somewhat possible (See Viator, leader of Vandraren) I might go back to RoseCroix :S

This is a fun clan, no doubts about it, but I don't think I made this decision in the right time. I had just dealt with another capsraging clanmember, and I was angry, my mind was clouded.

It just doesn't feel right when playing Roran... Without RoseCroix infront of his name he feels... wrong... If you know what I mean?

What I'm trying to say:

I'm going to give myself 1 more day to think it over, and tomorrow I'll decide wether I'll be mainly RoseCroix or mainly Norseman.

#45 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 02 July 2012 - 20:47

I'll add a spear, that's cool!

And btw, they're more like berserkers than regular vikings. Berserkrs had different armor, sometimes no armor at all, and they did wear the pelt of the bear or the wolf. So, it must be the kuyak for the berserkers.
With that being said, on "Erak" you may use the armor you'd like.

Roran, which decision you must make is of course up to you. I would like to say that I'd love it if you stayed, though! Please don't leave before I've gotten to play a bit tactics with ye'.

I'm gonna use this to try to make you stay.. Sadly, it's true: My grandmother died erlier today. 3 days ago I drove for 10 hours to see her before she died. I've gotten to speak with her, that was wonderful. She went away in peace. Today I drove 10 hours back. That's why I've been away for the weekend, just to explain that.. hehe... Feeling like you have to stay now?, Nah, I'm just making some jokes, since there hasn't been much of em lately :)

Give it one more day, man. There's no doubt you fit in this clan too, and your tactics will be highly appreciated :P Hope you make the right decision, though I don't know what that is :)
 Sorry for double posting.

Read on RoseCroix that you've decided to go back. Are you sure?
Btw, being in two clans is not okay for me :) So you're out of Norsemen if you go. Cool if you'd join us in our tactics in-game, anyways. ;)

#46 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:16

I'll stick with RC, I've been there for so long :) It's not the same when playing Roran without the tagg (yeah it actually felt strange ;D)

#47 Lars, NorseLions Roseguard

Lars
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 659 posts
  • 10139 kills

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:22

Bye Roran :/

#48 Roran 13, Sandorra's practice target

Roran 13
  • Member of Vintroth
  • 1290 posts
  • 31645 kills

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:27

I'll team up with you again D: I'm not dead or gone or something!

#49 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 02 July 2012 - 22:28

I'm sorry you feel that way, Roran...
You're removed from Norsemen, I'll see you around. :)

#50 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:03

I want every Norseman to play at happy hours today. We'll kick some ass with our tactics!
Sorry for double post. Need people to see it, so no editing.

Updated "Happy Hour"
Updated "Steam"
Updated "Memberlist"

#51 Obituary

Obituary
  • Member of RoseCroix
  • 145 posts
  • 15342 kills

Posted 05 July 2012 - 20:44

Hello
I wanna join this clan :D Coz I wanna be in some good clan (Vandraren was good but a lot of people left.....)
I am good with polearm
My char on use will:Obiituary (but I will not here 2-3 weeks......)
I am from Slovakia and I will 15 years old in 4 days.
I hope that you will accept me ;)

#52 Lars, NorseLions Roseguard

Lars
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 659 posts
  • 10139 kills

Posted 05 July 2012 - 23:27

I know Obituary from Native, he is not a bad player (both skilled and nice to others), but his age may be 1 year too low, but ofcourse exception can be made.

His english can be bad sometimes, but I have never had a problem with understanding him.

~I Vouch for Obit to be in the clan.

#53 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:44

Thanks for applying to us, Obituary! I understand that you're going away for 2 or 3 weeks. I think I want to get to know you better before I make my decision, so we'll have to wait. But Lars seems eager to have you here, so that's a big + for you. We'll see ;)

#54 Leoandrex, What do team?

Leoandrex
  • Member of Legion
  • 142 posts
  • 19672 kills

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:14

well i have been accepted into this clan without any notice on the thread due to certain circumstances,so let me properly introduce myself.

I am Leoandrex( Kent Andrew) an experienced player of mount and blade warband, i prefer being infantry over the cavalry and archer class and have no patience for pitiful skirmishes up to the point i just charge the enemy on my own when everyone on my team chooses to camp.

I can block most swings although it takes say 5 minutes before a night of playing then my reflexes fully kick in. I like to get along with everyone but i'm not fully disaffected from raging.

Overall I wanted to join this clan because the members are seemingly good and respectable players and it holds a lot of promise.

My chosen class is berserker and my berserker name will be Ledredion/LEdrediOn

#55 Kaxro

Kaxro
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 5 posts
  • 1790 kills

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:50

Welcome to all new members!
And btw you've done a great job with the clan Eirik \m/

#56 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:52

Awesome, thanks for introducing yourself, Kent. Kewl that you chose the berserkr, and that you liked the build/gear! I'll also say a proper welcome to you:
- You're now a norseman... For Mjöðr ok dýrð!

Edit: Thanks Kax! :P

#57 Danish_General

Danish_General
  • 1 posts
  • 1364 kills

Posted 07 July 2012 - 13:46

- Danish in-game and real-life Mathias
- Well I was asked to join but I'm just 15 so idk..? I'm from Denmark
- I have played few weeks in Mercs mod, but I have played Native for 2 years.
- Infantry(Berserkr)? 2 handed sword
- Because I'm scandinavian :D
- Steam ETW_MRH

#58 EirikRaude, Jarl

EirikRaude
  • Member of Norsemen
  • 646 posts
  • 30212 kills

Posted 07 July 2012 - 14:15

Welcome, you're now a norseman! I'm so glad you decided to join us, Mathias :) Since I asked you to join, your age is not a problem at all, heh. First Danish guy in our clan so far, that's cool. :cool:

You may choose either shielder, berserker, archer or horseman. We have use for a shielder, though a berserkr would be awesome as well. You can make a character now, or you can wait until you have the gold for it. (if you don't already have enough) There's no hurry :)

Cya around!

#59 assasin_nietsmmar, The Amezing Helk

assasin_nietsmmar
  • Member of BOC
  • 1020 posts
  • 23873 kills

Posted 07 July 2012 - 20:40

I would like to join. I want to be a horseman or/and beserker. I am from Norway, i would like to keep my age away from the public (privacy, nuff said)

I dont have teamspeak, or a mic for that sake, but i have good training sticking whit my clan, and i usually understand what people want me to do, but i can install it and be quiet.

I dont care for my k/d since it allready is behind all hope. I've gotten better since i started, i am a decent chamberer (once chambered a lance from horseback :D) thus, feinting me is useless. I am a decent blocker, being able to block most people for a good while. Wether or not i am a nice guy or not, is up for you guys to deside, and i (think) i have played before eirik, and i have 2 years (and some mobths) of merc behind my shoulders?

My steam is nietsmmar12345 (non-capital n) but i dont use steam. The chat wont appear when i play the game, and if i tab put too much the game will crash.

But i want to be in a clan whit other scandinavian chaps, and i hope to be accepted. I think my berserker guy will be called... Bjorgolf_Ulfgarsón if you wont mind me joining. I will make him anyway though, i aleays wanted to have a name wich ends whit olf.

#60 Cleomenes, pls die and stay die

Cleomenes
  • Member of OT
  • 3885 posts
  • 48653 kills

Posted 07 July 2012 - 20:41

So which clan is it then?

[b]Why do you want to join RoseCroix?:Beacuse its kewl, and everyone will think i actually can play the game.
[b]What troop type do you desire to be?:mounted knight (will need some money for horse and arnour tho *chough* roran *chough8
[b]What is your ingame name?:Nietsmmar
[b]What is your steam name? (Not necessary):nietsmmar12345 (i dont use it. (the noumbers are beacuse of some sod who took it before me))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users