Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (Thoughts, images, info)

• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#21 Otto, der eiserne Kanzler

Otto
  • 175 posts
  • 11577 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 19:51

Sexy beach on the fourth pic

#22 The Guardian, :^)

The Guardian
  • Member of RE
  • 986 posts
  • 21236 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 19:51

chivalry combat makes you rage, and warband combat makes you laugh, please dont change it :(

#23 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 19:55

Sexy beach on the fourth pic

Yeah she actually looks human, seems pretty gooooodddd

#24 Gorlock911, NA God

Gorlock911
  • Member of Emperium
  • 877 posts
  • 5171 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:06

Also the hair looks just horrible, especially on the horses. It looks like that photo imaged hair, where they took pictures of a horse, then slapped it on the model. :(

#25 The Guardian, :^)

The Guardian
  • Member of RE
  • 986 posts
  • 21236 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:07

Also the hair looks just horrible, especially on the horses. It looks like that photo imaged hair, where they took pictures of a horse, then slapped it on the model. :(

dem rigte

#26 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:09

All those My Little Pony fans will be less than pleased </3

#27 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18014 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:36

Most of Gorlock's opinions/fears sound like bullshit to me. 

#28 Kloney, Probably Gay

Kloney
  • Member of Dayne
  • 514 posts
  • 33358 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:41

First release of pictures its not even in beta yet so ya know... They still have a long way to go and it already looks better than warband, (not that that's hard since its an old ass game but still) All i want is the core battle mechanics to stay the same to have updated graphics, interfacing and GUI and a few more features and for them to keep multiplayer and i'll be happy as dis guy, couldn't give too many shits about singleplayer since i only played it during the time when you had to (first M&B )

#29 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:44

Singleplayer is a much higher priority in my opinion..leave multiplayer to the modders xD

#30 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18014 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:44

I think Taleworlds is one of those few good companies still out there actually giving a shit about the community's needs and trying to make a good game, instead of focusing entirely on marketing. You can see it from the lack of information too - a good sign to me.

#31 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 20:51

That's probably because they are still a small company and this game series is pretty much what is keeping them afloat, I honestly don't mind them taking their time making it as long as it is eventually released and when it is released it had better be a big improvement on Mount and Blade Warband xD

Money constraints won't be as big a problem because of le profit from the series so far when you think about it. With vanilla Mount and Blade all you can do is improve and improve

#32 Tore, ok

Tore
  • 634 posts
  • 15501 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:43

xD xD xD xD

#33 Gwaihir, du bist eine himbeere

Gwaihir
  • Member of Gnni
  • 4361 posts
  • 15957 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 21:58

Would be terrible if they changed the combat system. I found it hard to adapt from the original M&B system to the Warband one, and they're only marginally different.

#34 Gorlock911, NA God

Gorlock911
  • Member of Emperium
  • 877 posts
  • 5171 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:03

Most of Gorlock's opinions/fears sound like bullshit to me. 

Not sure what you mean by this.

#35 Altoleek, I am bad

Altoleek
  • 3683 posts
  • 13972 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:23

Not sure what you mean by this.

Seeking for an arguement.

• Gorlock911 likes this

#36 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:29

Oh yeah it's about to get very Jeremy Kyle on this thread!!

#37 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16741 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:30

Well to be honest though, taleworlds doesn't have a very hard time making their game. They made mount and blade and just slightly improved it from there on, at this point they can just take coding and ideas from the vast quantity of mods that have done pretty much everything there is to be done already. That is the only reason why such a small team can even make any considerable progress at all.

Comparing a small team to major publisher backed big teams is rather unfair, plus that 'caring about the community' in this case is more taking their ideas instead of having their own ones. I don't mind all that and i think the entire idea of mount and blade is great, but praising taleworlds for being such a community orientated totally non-profit fun crew seems a bit too much.

Edited by Wololo, 27 September 2013 - 22:31.

#38 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:36

Monk, I need a monk!!!

I agree with you Wololo, you will only notice significant changes if they get some big investment from somewhere (This happened with Jagex on Runescape and the game totally changed because of it) 

• Gorlock911 likes this

#39 Wololo, ITZ NOT FUNNI!!!

Wololo
  • Member of Legion
  • 1264 posts
  • 16741 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 23:01

Well i don't think i really want major changes. The main issue with mount and blade is that it is basically just a playground for their combat mechanics that they have gradually improved on. Looking at warband now one could say it has a kind of board gamey campaign mode for their battles. There is very few politics, little to no economy and certainly no culture or every day medieval life in the game. If they were to improve on that, that'd be fine by me. As for now though they seem to think that the way in which calradian factions are organised is fair enough, it really isn't. There are no nobility ranks, no internal struggles, no vassal hierarchy.

Big changes usually mean, massive graphics overhauls that need designers, textures etc. -> big development teams. An improvement in terms of making battle AI better (giving them actual strategy), making non-noble gameplay more engaging, adding more detail to the map (differences in village prosperity, strategically important positions, proper attrition that can wear armies down (when crossing mountains maybe)) seems much more important and certainly doable to me.

It just feel like a lot of things are being dismissed in favor of fiddling with the combat mechanics. Mount and blade wants to be a middle ages roleplay sim/emulator game. But it doesn't even get beyond the combat aspect. You all played native singleplayer and you know that it isn't very long-term motivating, eventhough it obviously is trying to be, because things get repetitive and politics are just number calculation games.

Edited by Wololo, 27 September 2013 - 23:02.

• Celtic likes this

#40 Celtic

Celtic
  • 1668 posts
  • 3359 kills

Posted 27 September 2013 - 23:11

Politics, Culture, Economy Improvement = Happy Celtic

+ Map and Scene Graphics Improvement = Very Happy Celtic

There is so much potential and they really have had their work done for them by the army of dedicated modders out there. 

I have a good feeling about Bannerlord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users