• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

#161 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:23

''Added a crossbow reloading skill and Fast Shooting perk. Characteristics of the crossbows were improved significantly.''

My butthole it was improved significantly. 

People take 4/5 bolts to kill and before it  took only 2/3. Now they are just fast reloading low damage pieces of poop.

Basicly any bow is still faster than a crossbow, and now they also do even more damage than a crossbow.

So bassicly you nerfed crossbows insanely.

Edited by Vortigoat, 03 November 2013 - 10:58.

#162 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18367 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:51

Homorlogic!

#163 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Crusade
  • 1722 posts
  • 10730 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:57

Mhm. I do not see why crossbows had to be changed. Other than taking the ridiculous wounding off.

Crossbows had a role, as secondary weapons, and now they have to be used as primary or not at all.

#164 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18367 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:00

I'd prefer the Native system of crossbows, don't know why Homer has to fuck up things that actually work by adding wounding or perks and whatnot.

#165 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:04

Mhm. I do not see why crossbows had to be changed. Other than taking the ridiculous wounding off.

Crossbows had a role, as secondary weapons, and now they have to be used as primary or not at all.

Even if you take them as your main weapon, Like I like to do it is still way to  weak. Reloading skill is useless and the damage output is terrible.

#166 Jepekula

Jepekula
  • Member of Crusade
  • 1722 posts
  • 10730 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:05

Haven't tried that yet, so can't really say anything.

#167 Vortigoat, Cheeki Breeki

Vortigoat
  • Member of Legion
  • 756 posts
  • 11899 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:07

Want a kill with a crossbow now? Either be lucky and hope the enemey only has 10% health or  be lucky enough to hit 5 bolts  before he comes up close.

#168 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:49

Heavy Crossbow: shoot speed +7, damage +4
Arbalest: shoot speed +8, damage +5
The reloading speed of heavy crossbows was improved too.

Arbalest has the same average damage as Heavy Long Axe (32). If you use the Light Crossbow and you have 12 WP, your damage decreased a bit after the previous update because the damage isn't affected by WP anymore and the base damage of Light Crossbow was increased by 1 point only. But the speed can be much faster with a good level of the Reloading skill. The average damage of Light Crossbow is 22.

If you think the crossbows are underpowered, please discuss them there: http://forums.mbmerc...1223-crossbows/

There used to be no way to take some skill points so we had no specialized crossbowmen builds. It the crossbows would be very powerful, there would be just no reason to not take one to the battle. So many infantrymen would become crossbowmen without spending a single skill point. Now we have the Reloading skill and I can make the crossbows stronger. Sure, the bleeding effect and the corresponding achievements won't be removed. It works well and I don't see any problems with it.

#169 Jock

Jock
  • Member of LV
  • 3965 posts
  • 18367 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 13:16

You may not see any problems with the wound effect from the statistics, but from my experience from playing for the bigger part of the mod with it included, my verdict is that it's awful. It's longer than the polestun, it's annoying, and it makes no sense to have only crossbows wound someone. Why don't arrows, javelins, piercing weapons or any other weapon wound enemies? Don't see why you can't balance crossbows the way you balanced bows. The reloading skill could easily be a "Power Draw" for crossbows and you'd just have to balance out the stats and remove the perk (seriously, you need a PERK to take 2 weapons to a battlefield? Almost as ridiculous as having to train to crouch.)

#170 Homer

Homer
  • 1375 posts
  • 12689 kills

Posted 03 November 2013 - 14:17

I have answered there: http://forums.mbmerc...rossbows/page-2. This thread is not about crossbows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users